Best Bill Maher Show ever
Bill Maher's show tonight was amazing. Well, it was amazing for people like me. Guests Ben Afleck, Michael Steele, Nicholas Kristoff and Sam Harris discuss current affairs as usual, but OMG, the debate between Ben Afleck and Sam Harris over Islam was intense.

Ben Afleck argued the standard liberal position on Islam and Sam Harris presented a compelling argument as to why Islam presents a singularly more dangerous threat to us all than the fanatics of other religions.

Sam Harris also briefly discusses his new book that you talked about earlier. Watch it Wonk and get back to me. I'll wait to read your take on it before I say more.
(10-03-2014, 08:45 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Bill Maher's show tonight was amazing. Well, it was amazing for people like me. Guests Ben Afleck, Michael Steele, Nicholas Kristoff and Sam Harris discuss current affairs as usual, but OMG, the debate between Ben Afleck and Sam Harris over Islam was intense.

Ben Afleck argued the standard liberal position on Islam and Sam Harris presented a compelling argument as to why Islam presents a singularly more dangerous threat to us all than the fanatics of other religions.

Sam Harris also briefly discusses his new book that you talked about earlier. Watch it Wonk and get back to me. I'll wait to read your take on it before I say more.

Maybe not.Wonky spent all day going from drugstore to drug store trying to find a TV tube testing machine. His horizontal hold won't hold unless his wife hits it and she's getting tired of the act.
(10-03-2014, 09:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 08:45 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Bill Maher's show tonight was amazing. Well, it was amazing for people like me. Guests Ben Afleck, Michael Steele, Nicholas Kristoff and Sam Harris discuss current affairs as usual, but OMG, the debate between Ben Afleck and Sam Harris over Islam was intense.

Maybe not.Wonky spent all day going from drugstore to drug store trying to find a TV tube testing machine. His horizontal hold won't hold unless his wife hits it and she's getting tired of the act.
Do they really have tubes for old TVs? I was told they can be ordered, but I can't imagine why a company would bother making them.

I heard he has no problem with horizontal, it's staying vertical that's giving him fits.
(10-03-2014, 09:14 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Do they really have tubes for old TVs? I was told they can be ordered, but I can't imagine why a company would bother making them.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure you van still buy tubes. There are lots of vintage radios and even amplifiers that need them.Tube guitar amps don't care about new technology. They have the best sound to rock out and people believe you just can't copy that with the new stuff.
I think I still have a 1950 something brass TV that would possibly work with a few new tubes.
LOL, I just looked on ebay and found tv tubes3,212 listings
(10-03-2014, 09:15 PM)Hugo Wrote:

I heard he has no problem with horizontal, it's staying vertical that's giving him fits.

Wa ha,, that's a good oneLaughing
(10-03-2014, 09:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Oh sure! Laugh at the old people. Butt heads: You TOO will someday be old. And it's not true that I need to replace tubes in my TV. But I do need a new tuner 'cause when I get up to turn it to another channel it don't always work. Sad

Now, back to The Bill Maher thing. It's over Clete....how do I watch it now?
(10-04-2014, 07:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Oh sure! Laugh at the old people. Butt heads: You TOO will someday be old. And it's not true that I need to replace tubes in my TV. But I do need a new tuner 'cause when I get up to turn it to another channel it don't always work. Sad

First I need to know if you have HBO. I don't trust people that don't watch HBO, especially the great documentaries on that channel.

Here is 4 minutes of the 10 minute long debate:
(10-04-2014, 08:11 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 09:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe not.Wonky spent all day going from drugstore to drug store trying to find a TV tube testing machine. His horizontal hold won't hold unless his wife hits it and she's getting tired of the act.

First I need to know if you have HBO. I don't trust people that don't watch HBO, especially the great documentaries on that channel.

I DO have HBO.
Now what...
Oh yea, I bet it will be rebroadcast.
Now I just have to find out WHEN.
You know?
(10-04-2014, 08:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 09:15 PM)Hugo Wrote: I heard he has no problem with horizontal, it's staying vertical that's giving him fits.

I DO have HBO.
Now what...
You know?
Jeez Wonk, how long have you had a computer? Rolling Eyes jk

Click the schedule at the bottom of the page. It is on tomorrow.

http://www.hbo.com/#/real-time-with-bill...index.html
(10-04-2014, 08:43 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 09:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wa ha,, that's a good oneLaughing

I DO have HBO.
Now what...
You know?

OR if he has Direct TV he can simply type in the title. do a search and press record series.
I hate watching anything that isn't recorded.Even the sunsetsRazz
(10-04-2014, 09:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-04-2014, 07:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Oh sure! Laugh at the old people. Butt heads: You TOO will someday be old. And it's not true that I need to replace tubes in my TV. But I do need a new tuner 'cause when I get up to turn it to another channel it don't always work. Sad

I DO have HBO.
Now what...
You know?

OR if he has Direct TV he can simply type in the title. do a search and press record series.

Nope...don't have Direct TV

Thanks Clete: I'll find it.
(10-04-2014, 09:41 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-04-2014, 09:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-04-2014, 08:11 AM)cletus1 Wrote: First I need to know if you have HBO. I don't trust people that don't watch HBO, especially the great documentaries on that channel.

I DO have HBO.
Now what...
You know?

Nope...don't have Direct TV

Thanks Clete: I'll find it.
It was in the link. Saturday October 4, 2014 8:30 pm
You have Charter then? You can record them on Charter too. You sure don't share much Wonk.

I agree with TVguy, I rarely watch a show that I have not previously recorded.
For those of you that want to watch the 10:04 version online when you choose to, dozo. Big Grin

For those of you interested in Sam Harris' response to the criticism he received for his criticism of Islam.