National Breast Awareness Month
(10-05-2014, 01:57 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 08:29 AM)tornado Wrote: I don't know what is wrong with some of you people. Where did I make light of breast cancer? If you don't think it is funny, Al called October national breast awareness month, there is no hope for your sorry selves.

This is where the imbecile comment is once again proven. I assume you think "pull my finger" is still funny right?

OK you are right it's not that funny but I don't see how the hell it's "racist" Or how in the hell it means it's "pro cancer", or makes Tornado an imbecile.

All I see here is a couple of people who don't like Tornado and are either too dense to comprehend a silly joke. Or both.

Personally I wouldn't EVER follow BBQ's lead.
(10-05-2014, 11:36 AM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe I missed somthing but I don't see where Tornado said anything racist or pro cancer or out of line.
It looks to me like he thought what Sharpton miss quoted was kind of funny.

It is kind of funny.
Imagine the scenario if Sarah Palin had said it. HYPOCRITES!
(10-05-2014, 11:36 AM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe I missed somthing but I don't see where Tornado said anything racist or pro cancer or out of line.
It looks to me like he thought what Sharpton miss quoted was kind of funny.

It is kind of funny.

Exactly my take.
Biggest racist in this thread is the POS Sharpton.
I'm IMPRESSED! I popped back in here, expecting to see at least a few boob busting bombs and not a one! Wow!

Go!
(10-05-2014, 02:29 PM)charger Wrote: Biggest racist in this thread is the POS Sharpton.

Think so?
Maybe.
I think of him as a "just kind of clever" guy who found a way to use the media to promote himself.
I really doubt he cares about ANYONE but himself and his "career".

And I feel the "Reverend" title is to sully the name of all who are true believers.

But this is America, and even this guy gets to mouth off. In a better world the media would ignore him.

But hey, here I am giving him "ink". Embarrassed
(10-05-2014, 06:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 02:29 PM)charger Wrote: Biggest racist in this thread is the POS Sharpton.

Think so?
Maybe.
I think of him as a "just kind of clever" guy who found a way to use the media to promote himself.

And I feel the "Reverend" title is to sully the name of all who are true believers.

But this is America, and even this guy gets to mouth off. In a better world the media would ignore him.

"just kind of clever" guy who found a way to use the media to promote himself.

Yep exactly. Or in short a con man.
(10-05-2014, 08:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Think so?
Maybe.

What a couple of professional faultfinders. Al Sharpton has done an excellent job promoting equal rights for minorities. He is a fine man as far as I am concerned, and frankly I don't understand the nature of your criticism. Get specific and tell why just why he does not measure up in your opinion. And tell me how the hell is Al Sharpton a con man? That statement seems to be baseless.
(10-05-2014, 06:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I'm IMPRESSED! I popped back in here, expecting to see at least a few boob busting bombs and not a one! Wow!

Go!

More than a mouthful is a waste.
(10-05-2014, 09:00 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 06:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I'm IMPRESSED! I popped back in here, expecting to see at least a few boob busting bombs and not a one! Wow!

Go!

More than a mouthful is a waste.

Hey! Just popped in after checking weather. It's 10:00PM and I got something else to do.
See ya tomorrow.
Okay, I'll give it a "bit of a go"

I'd suggest a look at his profile on Wiiki:
For instance, about "The Revered" Al Sharpton: "Sharpton was licensed and ordained a Pentecostal minister by Bishop F. D. Washington at the age of nine or ten"

My "perception" of Sharpton is that he is NOT a "cilvil Rights Leader" but someone who rushes from high profile event to another event where he gets the most media attention. The following examples are noted in detail on Wiki: What they have in common is that he rushed to each high profile situation to co-op the attention.

Bernhard Goetz
Howard Beach
Bensonhurst
Crown Heights
Riot: Freddie's Fashion Mart
Amadou Diallo
Tyisha Miller
Vieques
Ousmane Zongo
Sean Bell
Dunbar Village
Tanya McDowell
George Zimmerma
Eric Garner

His critics describe him as "a political radical who is to blame, in part, for the deterioration of race relations".[13] Sociologist Orlando Patterson has referred to him as a racial arsonist,[14] while liberal columnist Derrick Z. Jackson has called him the black equivalent of Richard Nixon and Pat Robertson.[14] Sharpton sees much of the criticism as a sign of his effectiveness. "In many ways, what they consider criticism is complimenting my job," he said. "An activist's job is to make public civil rights issues until there can be a climate for change."[15

All the above from Wiki. I freely admit I've "cherry picked" from it, things that support my view. There are other views, but nothing that persuades me the man is of any real value in the efforts to help change the civil rights of people in his part of town. Unless of course, it gets national press.

Look too, at the suggestion that he might be anti-Semitic, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

Homophobic: "White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

So, in total, I just don't buy the guy's act.

But, as I admitted, I cherry picked to make my point.

Do what you will to show him in a better light.
(10-05-2014, 08:59 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 08:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Think so?
Maybe.

What a couple of professional faultfinders. Al Sharpton has done an excellent job promoting equal rights for minorities. He is a fine man as far as I am concerned, and frankly I don't understand the nature of your criticism. Get specific and tell why just why he does not measure up in your opinion. And tell me how the hell is Al Sharpton a con man? That statement seems to be baseless.
You don't have to be a pro to find fault with this hustler.From what I've see the guy pops up like a pop goes the weasel toy any time there is even a remote chance of racism and helps the poor black people KNOW that there is.
Whether there IS or is not.

I have no doubt he has done some good work over the years in the same was a blind hog finds an acorn.
(10-06-2014, 07:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay, I'll give it a "bit of a go"

For instance, about "The Revered" Al Sharpton: "Sharpton was licensed and ordained a Pentecostal minister by Bishop F. D. Washington at the age of nine or ten"

My "perception" of Sharpton is that he is NOT a "cilvil Rights Leader" but someone who rushes from high profile event to another event where he gets the most media attention. The following examples are noted in detail on Wiki: What they have in common is that he rushed to each high profile situation to co-op the attention.

Bernhard Goetz
Howard Beach
Bensonhurst
Crown Heights
Amadou Diallo
Tyisha Miller
Vieques
Ousmane Zongo
Sean Bell
Dunbar Village
Tanya McDowell
George Zimmerma
Eric Garner

His critics describe him as "a political radical who is to blame, in part, for the deterioration of race relations".[13] Sociologist Orlando Patterson has referred to him as a racial arsonist,[14] while liberal columnist Derrick Z. Jackson has called him the black equivalent of Richard Nixon and Pat Robertson.[14] Sharpton sees much of the criticism as a sign of his effectiveness. "In many ways, what they consider criticism is complimenting my job," he said. "An activist's job is to make public civil rights issues until there can be a climate for change."[15

All the above from Wiki. I freely admit I've "cherry picked" from it, things that support my view. There are other views, but nothing that persuades me the man is of any real value in the efforts to help change the civil rights of people in his part of town. Unless of course, it gets national press.

Look too, at the suggestion that he might be anti-Semitic, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

Homophobic: "White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

Not interested.

You admit that you cherry picked. Than means you provided a lopsided view, therefore you lose.
(10-06-2014, 11:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-06-2014, 07:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay, I'll give it a "bit of a go"

Bernhard Goetz
Howard Beach
Bensonhurst
Crown Heights
Amadou Diallo
Tyisha Miller
Vieques
Ousmane Zongo
Sean Bell
Dunbar Village
Tanya McDowell
George Zimmerma
Eric Garner

Not interested.

You admit that you cherry picked. Than means you provided a lopsided view, therefore you lose.

Okay. I Lose. Big Grin Ive lost before.
Your obligation in debate is to "cherry pick" the facts that support your view that he did what you claimed.
Losing may be better than not engaging.
(10-06-2014, 11:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Losing may be better than not engaging.

Often, not engaging is healthier in a lot of ways (especially when dealing with a childish, needy asshole). In my opinion.
(10-06-2014, 12:10 PM)Big Rock Wrote:
(10-06-2014, 11:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Losing may be better than not engaging.

Often, not engaging is healthier in a lot of ways (especially when dealing with a childish, needy asshole). In my opinion.

Are you suggesting there is a "Childish, needy asshole" posting here?
(10-06-2014, 12:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Are you suggesting there is a "Childish, needy asshole" posting here?

I don't provoke. If you ever happen to come across a childish, needy asshole (in your travels), my suggestion is that you consider just stepping around it rather than allowing it to pull you down into the rabbit hole, so to speak.
I've been aware of breasts my whole life.
Wonderful things.How can anyone disagree with reverend Al on those couple of points.
[Image: 2010-12-12-chicken%20crap.jpg%20]