Probiotics:
A digestive system "going south on you" can mean several things so this may not pertain at all for your particular symptoms, do some research on it and if it's applicable then give it a shot. Psyllium husk can work wonders for keeping things moving and regular. Word of caution, start in mall doses and work up, drinking plenty of water in the process. You don't want to be a hero and start w/ a mega dose, the bulking action will make you regret that.
(12-29-2014, 10:53 AM)GPnative Wrote: A digestive system "going south on you" can mean several things so this may not pertain at all for your particular symptoms, do some research on it and if it's applicable then give it a shot. Psyllium husk can work wonders for keeping things moving and regular. Word of caution, start in mall doses and work up, drinking plenty of water in the process. You don't want to be a hero and start w/ a mega dose, the bulking action will make you regret that.

Thanks. I'll consider it.
(12-29-2014, 12:27 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 10:53 AM)GPnative Wrote: A digestive system "going south on you" can mean several things so this may not pertain at all for your particular symptoms, do some research on it and if it's applicable then give it a shot. Psyllium husk can work wonders for keeping things moving and regular. Word of caution, start in mall doses and work up, drinking plenty of water in the process. You don't want to be a hero and start w/ a mega dose, the bulking action will make you regret that.

Thanks. I'll consider it.

I never got around to trying Psyllium husk but I'm about to give it a shot. I spent a fortune on probiotics from a health food store and after a month don't see any real effect. Or maybe a month is not a fair trial?
I may have to start an "elimination diet" but hope to not have to.
Whatever...I'm blessed with little health problems when so many are suffering from dreadful stuff.