Jihadists: NOT J.V. Team
Oct 7, 9:51 AM EDT

Turkey: Syrian town about to fall to jihadists. (AP Wire)

slamic State fighters using tanks and heavy weapons looted from captured army bases in Iraq and Syria have been pounding Kurdish forces in the strategic town for days. Since the militants' offensive began in mid-September, more than 400 people have been killed in the fighting, activists said.

I still feel president Obama and his administration were (and are) right in saying these extreme Muslim nut jobs are not a global threat and don't really pose a serious threat to the "homeland". But they don't appear to be "Junior Varsity" either. There is no doubt that they now are a force "in the region" are are going to change that area a lot.

They have a core of bright and educated leaders who whip the dullards into a frenzy and they have accumulated lots of equipment and money.

And they are half a world away. I'm wondering then, how we here in the Valley of The Rogue, should respond to this stuff? Obviously we have a responsibility to being aware, but should we be doing ANYTHING to voice our concerns? To say, our political leaders?

One thing that I really wonder about. There are a couple of BILLION Muslims world wide. Why are we not hearing from the leaders of that group, voicing concerns about the "run away" conduct of a few radicals who are doing this stuff in the name of their holy leaders?

History has shown us clearly that rather small groups of extremists can change global events. The Nazi's in the 30's could have been stopped by a world more engaged.

And still...what can WE do?
Go back to bed.
(10-07-2014, 08:48 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Go back to bed.

Neville Chamberlain kind of did that. Didn't end so good.
You could go to Iraq and sign up with the Kurdish Peshmerga. I think they're looking for a few good men.... maybe even you. Laughing

My impression is the ISIL isn't necessarily as strong of a threat as media seems to make them. I say that because when they are limited to "like" weapons to their adversary they can be beaten. Taking out their artillery and tanks, their heavy weapons, would go a long way to helping their opposition. I also think if they started losing some battles they might start seeing some weakening of their forces since at least some of their fighters are pressed into service. Join us and fight or die. Certainly motivating but not the best method to ensure loyalty.

'Course I could be utterly wrong. I was once before.
(10-07-2014, 08:45 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Oct 7, 9:51 AM EDT

Turkey: Syrian town about to fall to jihadists. (AP Wire)

slamic State fighters using tanks and heavy weapons looted from captured army bases in Iraq and Syria have been pounding Kurdish forces in the strategic town for days. Since the militants' offensive began in mid-September, more than 400 people have been killed in the fighting, activists said.

I still feel president Obama and his administration were (and are) right in saying these extreme Muslim nut jobs are not a global threat and don't really pose a serious threat to the "homeland". But they don't appear to be "Junior Varsity" either. There is no doubt that they now are a force "in the region" are are going to change that area a lot.

They have a core of bright and educated leaders who whip the dullards into a frenzy and they have accumulated lots of equipment and money.

And they are half a world away. I'm wondering then, how we here in the Valley of The Rogue, should respond to this stuff? Obviously we have a responsibility to being aware, but should we be doing ANYTHING to voice our concerns? To say, our political leaders?

One thing that I really wonder about. There are a couple of BILLION Muslims world wide. Why are we not hearing from the leaders of that group, voicing concerns about the "run away" conduct of a few radicals who are doing this stuff in the name of their holy leaders?

History has shown us clearly that rather small groups of extremists can change global events. The Nazi's in the 30's could have been stopped by a world more engaged.

And still...what can WE do?

The question is no can WE do, it is what should OBAMA have done. Gates, Panetta, Hillary and now even Jimmy Carter have come out and said Obama blew it. He listened to his political advisers instead of the CIA, State, and Defense Dept.

Quote:Jimmy Carter: President Obama blew it on ISIL

By JONATHAN TOPAZ | 10/8/14 6:58 AM EDT

Former President Jimmy Carter is criticizing President Barack Obama’s Middle East policy, saying he has shifting policies and waited too long to take action against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

In an interviewed published Tuesday in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the 39th president said the Obama administration, by not acting sooner, allowed ISIL to build up its strength.

“[W]e waited too long. We let the Islamic State build up its money, capability and strength and weapons while it was still in Syria,” he said, using an alternate name for the terrorist group. “Then when [ISIL] moved into Iraq, the Sunni Muslims didn’t object to their being there and about a third of the territory in Iraq was abandoned.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/jimmy-carter-barack-obama-isil-111692.html#ixzz3FZN2bZpY
Panetta / Bill O'Rielly Interview:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3826660732001...show-clips

Devastating for Obama
Blow it out your obsessed with Obama's ass.

Kind of makes someone with a brain wonder why Obama supposedly listens to political advisers instead of military advisers.

What's Obama going to do when his term is up? Run for some higher office?
(10-08-2014, 08:59 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Panetta / Bill O'Rielly Interview:

Devastating for Obama

"Devastating for Obama"

Only in your hopes. The American people wanted the hell out of Iraq. Most of us didn't want to occupy the dam country in the first place.
OBAMA did what the majority American people wanted. If you don't like that then move your sorry hateful ass somewhere where they have a dictator to make the choices...you know Like Saddam Husein.
(10-08-2014, 09:06 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Devastating for Obama

"Devastating for Obama"

Only in your hopes. The American people wanted the hell out of Iraq. Most of us didn't want to occupy the dam country in the first place.
OBAMA did what the majority American people wanted. If you don't like that then move your sorry hateful ass somewhere where they have a dictator to make the choices...you know Like Saddam Husein.

You are fucking idiot. No other way to describe it. Your head is so far up his behind that its has blinded you. When people in his own administration are saying he blew it and you turn a blind eye to people like Gates, Panetta, and Clinton among others and still blindly support the community agitator-in-Chief it is you that has problems. Obama has no clue what he is doing. None.

So what is Obama doing in light of all that is happening. He's going to 6 or 7 fundraisers. That's what. He's an incompetent Oaf and even his own peeps are admitting it.

[Image: 10689980_10152392200867596_1781849142758107250_n.jpg]
(10-08-2014, 09:12 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

Devastating for Obama

"Devastating for Obama"

You are fucking idiot. No other way to describe it. Your head is so far up his behind that its has blinded you. When people in his own administration are saying he blew it and you turn a blind eye to people like Gates, Panetta, and Clinton among others and still blindly support the community agitator-in-Chief it is you that has problems. Obama has no clue what he is doing. None.

So what is Obama doing in light of all that is happening. He's going to 6 or 7 fundraisers. That's what. He's an incompetent Oaf and even his own peeps are admitting it.

I'm a fucking idiot? how much time do you waste worrying about what you have ZERO control over and posting it on a fucking internet chat site with maybe one person who agrees with you?
I have a LIFE that I love. I hope to God you are NOT married and some poor women has to listen yo your never ending hatred.
If you are then I bet you pay a LOT more attention to right wing ZEALOTS and AM radio than you do her.

I always wonder how simple minded people can be who think THEY know all the political answers and the rest of us are the "fucking idiots".
Were you born a political genius or did you listen for YEARS to Rush explaining what they want to hear for ratings politics to morons on tractors?
(10-08-2014, 09:25 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Devastating for Obama

"Devastating for Obama"

I'm a fucking idiot? how much time do you waste worrying about what you have ZERO control over and posting it on a fucking internet chat site with maybe one person who agrees with you?
I have a LIFE that I love. I hope to God you are NOT married and some poor women has to listen yo your never ending hatred.
If you are then I bet you pay a LOT more attention to right wing ZEALOTS and AM radio than you do her.

I always wonder how simple minded people can be who think THEY know all the political answers and the rest of us are the "fucking idiots".
Were you born a political genius or did you listen for YEARS to Rush explaining what they want to hear for ratings politics to morons on tractors?

TVg you are a fish, rising to the bait like a hungry trout. Big Grin
You really think he even READS what others post?
(10-09-2014, 02:36 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Devastating for Obama

"Devastating for Obama"

Every once in a while I respond to his more absurd postings. That doesn't make me a fish, it makes me a bored person. But I might enjoy being a fish. Maybe I'm I'm a sale fishRazz
(10-09-2014, 02:36 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Devastating for Obama

"Devastating for Obama"

Every once in a while I respond to his more absurd postings. That doesn't make me a fish, it makes me a bored person. But I might enjoy being a fish. Maybe I'm I'm a sale fishRazz
[Image: sharia-halloween-costumes.png]
(10-15-2014, 11:00 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: [Image: sharia-halloween-costumes.png]

RazzLaughing
They look just like their swimsuits.