Winter Movies
As we all know, the best movies come out in the winter.

Here's one that's due out soon that I'm looking forward to.

Fury (2014)
Certificate R 134 min - Action | Drama | War

April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Out-numbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.
Director: David Ayer
Stars: Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Peña
So the definition is about movies that come out in the winter, not about winter, right?
(10-09-2014, 07:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote: So the definition is about movies that come out in the winter, not about winter, right?

Laughing
(10-09-2014, 07:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote: So the definition is about movies that come out in the winter, not about winter, right?

Laughing

Yeah, well I never claimed I was a writer for the NYT. Embarrassed
A female tank crew? Do they take their clothes off at some point?
(10-10-2014, 09:21 AM)bbqboy Wrote: A female tank crew? Do they take their clothes off at some point?

Curious isn't it? Why a tank is assigned a gender of "her". The German language is laced with genders. We have fewer, but maybe too many?
Another due soon:

Birdman (2014)
Certificate R 119 min - Comedy | Drama

Metascore: 90/100 (11 reviews)
A washed-up actor who once played an iconic superhero must overcome his ego and family trouble as he mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim his past glory.
Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu
Stars: Michael Keaton, Zach Galifianakis, Edward Norton, Andrea Riseborough
Watch Trailer Add to Watchlist
THE BUZZ: In Birdman, Michael Keaton plays a washed-up actor best known for playing a superhero named "Birdman." That's an intriguing art-imitates-life set-up, as most moviegoers associate Keaton first-and-foremost with his portrayal of Bruce Wayne in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns.

Birdman is directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu, whose movies tend to be pretty dire: Biutiful, Babel and 21 Grams are remembered as much for the quality filmmaking as they are for being really, really depressing. While Birdman appears to dabble in existential angst, it's being positioned more as an off-beat comedy, albeit one that's artfully crafted (its apparently been pieced together to seem as if most of the movie is one continuous shot).

Reviews coming out of the early Fall film festivals have heaped lavish praise upon Birdman, with many suggesting that it's an instant classic. It's also being pegged as a major Oscar contender, so if you're the type that needs to see all the Best Picture nominees, make sure to check this out early.
(10-11-2014, 09:20 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Another due soon:

Birdman (2014)

A washed-up actor who once played an iconic superhero must overcome his ego and family trouble as he mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim his past glory.
THE BUZZ: In Birdman, Michael Keaton plays a washed-up actor best known for playing a superhero named "Birdman." That's an intriguing art-imitates-life set-up, as most moviegoers associate Keaton first-and-foremost with his portrayal of Bruce Wayne in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns.

Birdman is directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu, whose movies tend to be pretty dire: Biutiful, Babel and 21 Grams are remembered as much for the quality filmmaking as they are for being really, really depressing. While Birdman appears to dabble in existential angst, it's being positioned more as an off-beat comedy, albeit one that's artfully crafted (its apparently been pieced together to seem as if most of the movie is one continuous shot).

Reviews coming out of the early Fall film festivals have heaped lavish praise upon Birdman, with many suggesting that it's an instant classic. It's also being pegged as a major Oscar contender, so if you're the type that needs to see all the Best Picture nominees, make sure to check this out early.

I usually associate Michael Keaton with "Johnny Dangerously" before anything else. Guess that proves I'm not a young punk anymore.

"Diversification. Yes, sir. We're constantly exploring new and exciting areas of crime. And I tell ya somethin'. We better, because there a couple Japanese gangs out there that are going to do it faster and cheaper."

" I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves."

With dialog like that you just know it had to be a great movie! Laughing
(10-11-2014, 10:09 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Birdman (2014)

I usually associate Michael Keaton with "Johnny Dangerously" before anything else. Guess that proves I'm not a young punk anymore.

"Diversification. Yes, sir. We're constantly exploring new and exciting areas of crime. And I tell ya somethin'. We better, because there a couple Japanese gangs out there that are going to do it faster and cheaper."

" I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves."

"With dialog like that you just know it had to be a great movie!"

One can only hope. Big Grin
So you're a movie snob?
(10-11-2014, 03:20 PM)bbqboy Wrote: So you're a movie snob?

Since you failed to use the "reply" feature we don't know who you aimed this at.

And, your comment makes little sense out of context. Read the review from IMBD again. Or not.

Hope you feel better soon so that you might feel like posting a more complete thought.
And by the way, a couple of movies that got decent reviews playing in town (Medford) now.

"The Judge"

"This is where I leave you"
(10-11-2014, 02:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Birdman (2014)

Sorry, I didn't mean "great" as in ... "Great". It wasn't that kind of movie. It was hysterically funny though, as long as you're not the kind that easily gets offended.
(10-11-2014, 05:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 02:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Birdman (2014)

Sorry, I didn't mean "great" as in ... "Great". It wasn't that kind of movie. It was hysterically funny though, as long as you're not the kind that easily gets offended.

Understood. (The Smilie helped). And I DID understand you your making reference to "Johnny Dangerously" and not the movie I posted about.
Well, regardless, I'm waiting for a good Winter or otherwise movie.
Bump. I'm waiting for winter and winter movies.  Smiling
(09-08-2017, 08:40 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Bump. I'm waiting for winter and winter movies.  Smiling

Anything but summer movies.