Hunter Biden
What a freaking libtard. I bet his daddy is real proud. There goes any political career he might have been considering. LaughingLaughing

Quote:Biden’s Son Hunter Discharged From Navy Reserve After Failing Cocaine Test
Lawyer Pursued Military Service Relatively Late as a Public-Affairs Officer

By
Colleen McCain Nelson And
Julian E. Barnes
Updated Oct. 16, 2014 7:35 p.m. ET
[Image: Joe+Biden+Hunter+Biden+Duke+v+Georgetown...diCVTl.jpg]

WASHINGTON—Vice President Joe Biden ’s son Hunter was discharged from the Navy Reserve this year after testing positive for cocaine, according to people familiar with the matter.

Hunter Biden, a lawyer by training who is now a managing partner at an investment company, had been commissioned as an ensign in the Navy Reserve, a part-time position. But after failing a drug test last year, his brief military career ended.

Mr. Biden, 44 years old, decided to pursue military service relatively late, beginning the direct-commission process to become a public-affairs officer in the Navy Reserve in 2012. Because of his age—43 when he was to be commissioned—he needed a waiver to join the Navy. He received a second Navy waiver because of a drug-related incident when he was a young man, according to people familiar with the matter. Military officials say such drug waivers aren’t uncommon.

Mr. Biden was commissioned as an ensign on May 7, 2013, and assigned to Navy Public Affairs Support Element East in Norfolk, Va., a reserve unit, according to the Navy. In June 2013, after reporting to his unit in Norfolk, he was given a drug test, which turned up positive for cocaine, according to people familiar with the situation. Mr. Biden was discharged in February, the Navy said
http://online.wsj.com/articles/bidens-so...1413499657
Pepsi must be mad.
Showers are wet but moderate.
Emulating W?
Yeah I guess Hunter is a real tard because of this.

He is an attorney, a managing partner at an investment company along with an extremely impressive military career.
If he was my son I would definitely STILL be proud of him.

News flash SF... drugs and addictions creep in to people of all walks of life.

To judge them as a person based on failing a drug test shows you to be shallow.

Even more so because you wouldn't be posting the same about a republican.

So more so than shallow you areRazz That's close to being lower than a snakes ass. More so than close.Laughing
(10-16-2014, 07:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah I guess Hunter is a real tard because of this.

He is an attorney, a managing partner at an investment company along with an extremely impressive military career.

So more so than shallow you areRazz That's close to being lower than a snakes ass. More so than close.Laughing
I love you TVguy. Laughing
(10-16-2014, 07:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah I guess Hunter is a real tard because of this.

LOL. Only TVguy can say a guy dishonorably discharged from the military had an impressive career. He probably feels that Benedict Arnold and Bo Bergdahl also had impressive military careers. Fool.
(10-17-2014, 12:12 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

LOL. Only TVguy can say a guy dishonorably discharged from the military had an impressive career. He probably feels that Benedict Arnold and Bo Bergdahl also had impressive military careers. Fool.

LOL only you think anyone can't comprehend I was talking about his career before his drug use and discharge.
BTW Fool, why don't you show me where anyone said he got a dishonorable discharge?

[Image: 4107595-1607750500-Futur.gif]
(10-17-2014, 12:22 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 12:12 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

LOL only you think anyone can't comprehend I was talking about his career before his drug use and discharge.
BTW Fool, why don't you show me where anyone said he got a dishonorable discharge?

Your must not have read the story, or your meds have made you dumber than what you usually show here.
(10-17-2014, 08:37 AM)charger Wrote: Your must not have read the story, or your meds have made you dumber than what you usually show here.

Quote:To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Log In

BTW, in the news reports I have seen on television and read online... they all just say "administrative discharge"... no where have I seen or heard "dishonorable".
Administrative discharge falls under the category, OTH, (other than honorable)
http://vabenefitblog.com/types-of-military-discharge/

Types of Military Discharge
Military Discharge

by Levi Newman on November 10, 2010
Google+ |

There are five types of military discharge, and every single military member experiences one of them. The quality of one’s active duty service determines the type of discharge he or she receives. The five military discharges are general, honorable, other than honorable, bad conduct and dishonorable.

General Discharge

General denotes that a service member completed his or her service with less than honorable circumstances during duty or upon discharge. Conditions such as illness, injury or other determinants lead to a general discharge. An unacceptable behavior such as drug abuse initiates a general discharge as well.

A commander makes known the reason for a general discharge in writing. People tend to equate a general discharge with an honorable one. However, general discharges actually deem many veterans ineligible for certain benefits such as the GI Bill.

Honorable Discharge

Honorable is a like a grade of A plus. The service member completed his or her duty with admirable personal and professional conduct. Ones with an honorable discharge receive full benefits. They also have an easier time finding employment since an honorable discharge reflects well on a resume.

Bad Conduct

Bad Conduct discharge is a punishment for a military crime. It results in confinement to a military prison for a short period of time. No benefits are available to veterans with a bad conduct discharge.

Dishonorable Discharge

A dishonorable discharge is also a punitive action against a military member. Serious offenses such as murder or desertion of one’s duty will cause a court martial to order a dishonorable discharge.

Like a convicted felon, veterans with a dishonorable discharge do not receive many privileges to benefits, possession of firearms and so on. They are ostracized from the military community and will have a hard time finding employment.

Other Than Honorable (OTH) Discharge

A judgment of OTH discharge occurs when a military member is in trouble with the civilian court system, for reasons like a felony conviction leading to imprisonment. OTH is the most severe of the administrative discharges because people with OTH are banned from ever reenlisting into the army or any other part of the Armed Forces. OTH recipients do not receive VA healthcare or most benefits provided through the VA.

Photo thanks to familymwr under creative common license on Flickr.
(10-17-2014, 09:58 AM)tornado Wrote: Administrative discharge falls under the category, OTH, (other than honorable)

Military Discharge

Google+ |

There are five types of military discharge, and every single military member experiences one of them. The quality of one’s active duty service determines the type of discharge he or she receives. The five military discharges are general, honorable, other than honorable, bad conduct and dishonorable.

General Discharge

General denotes that a service member completed his or her service with less than honorable circumstances during duty or upon discharge. Conditions such as illness, injury or other determinants lead to a general discharge. An unacceptable behavior such as drug abuse initiates a general discharge as well.

A commander makes known the reason for a general discharge in writing. People tend to equate a general discharge with an honorable one. However, general discharges actually deem many veterans ineligible for certain benefits such as the GI Bill.

Honorable Discharge

Honorable is a like a grade of A plus. The service member completed his or her duty with admirable personal and professional conduct. Ones with an honorable discharge receive full benefits. They also have an easier time finding employment since an honorable discharge reflects well on a resume.

Bad Conduct

Bad Conduct discharge is a punishment for a military crime. It results in confinement to a military prison for a short period of time. No benefits are available to veterans with a bad conduct discharge.

Dishonorable Discharge

A dishonorable discharge is also a punitive action against a military member. Serious offenses such as murder or desertion of one’s duty will cause a court martial to order a dishonorable discharge.

Like a convicted felon, veterans with a dishonorable discharge do not receive many privileges to benefits, possession of firearms and so on. They are ostracized from the military community and will have a hard time finding employment.

A judgment of OTH discharge occurs when a military member is in trouble with the civilian court system, for reasons like a felony conviction leading to imprisonment. OTH is the most severe of the administrative discharges because people with OTH are banned from ever reenlisting into the army or any other part of the Armed Forces. OTH recipients do not receive VA healthcare or most benefits provided through the VA.

Other Than Honorable is NOT the same as Dishonorable.
What part of that don't you get? Rolling Eyes
(10-17-2014, 10:06 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 09:58 AM)tornado Wrote: Administrative discharge falls under the category, OTH, (other than honorable)

Military Discharge

Google+ |

General Discharge

Honorable Discharge

Bad Conduct

Dishonorable Discharge

Other Than Honorable is NOT the same as Dishonorable.
What part of that don't you get? Rolling Eyes

I never said it was a dishonorable discharge. For edification, I simply posted an informative list of types of discharges. It certainly seems OTH fits in this situation.
(10-17-2014, 10:12 AM)tornado Wrote: I never said it was a dishonorable discharge. For edification, I simply posted an informative list of types of discharges. It certainly seems OTH fits in this situation.

Why wouldn't this fit in this general discharge category?

Quote:General Discharge

(10-17-2014, 10:16 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 10:12 AM)tornado Wrote: I never said it was a dishonorable discharge. For edification, I simply posted an informative list of types of discharges. It certainly seems OTH fits in this situation.

A general discharge is given to a service member who has completed their service in the military. Biden did not do so.
(10-17-2014, 10:21 AM)tornado Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 10:16 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

A general discharge is given to a service member who has completed their service in the military. Biden did not do so.

Whatever.
Another privileged person gets sucked down by addictive drugs, chasing a high that only happens once,
Countless people from all walks of life allow themselves to get trapped by this stuff. God only knows why.
So we know he has a problem with drugs. We don't know if that has defined his character in all other facets of his life. Maybe. Maybe not. My own view is I don't want a drug user, former or active, in any position of responsibility that might effect the "general welfare".

And that it's Biden's son is of little consequence. A dad is a dad is a dad and he no doubt has a blind spot about his own kid. Many of us share that "spot".

This will die. It should.
Reading comprehension is not very strong with some of the participants in this thread. Pretty fucking clear that this CAN be a General Discharge. Read the words people.
I've NEVER heard of anyone getting a "dishonorable discharge over their drug use.

Sf stated Hunter Biden was dishonorably discharged from the military and in the same sentence called ME a fool.
This fool isn't pulling anything out of my ass and posting it as a fact.
(10-17-2014, 10:54 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Whatever.
Another privileged person gets sucked down by addictive drugs, chasing a high that only happens once,
Countless people from all walks of life allow themselves to get trapped by this stuff. God only knows why.
So we know he has a problem with drugs. We don't know if that has defined his character in all other facets of his life. Maybe. Maybe not. My own view is I don't want a drug user, former or active, in any position of responsibility that might effect the "general welfare".

And that it's Biden's son is of little consequence. A dad is a dad is a dad and he no doubt has a blind spot about his own kid. Many of us share that "spot".

This will die. It should.

Quote: Wonky.. My own view is I don't want a drug user, former or active, in any position of responsibility that might effect the "general welfare".

Didn't you vote for Obama?