Need help finding a new home
I am going to offer my "Readers Digest Condensed Version" of what has happened:

I had a great job working for the County as a temp employee (2 years worth of temp), and got a job offer with a company on a 90-day to hire permanent job which paid double of what I was getting so I left the County to work for this company.

On 10/10/14, I got a call that my job was terminated due to lack of work (They lost a large contract which reduced my workload to nothing). I was already looking for work when this happened but it blindsided us pretty fast. As of that week and since, my back has been out of alignment, I have discs deteriorating in the lower lumbar and can barely walk/move without a lot of pain if I sit for any period of time more than 15 minutes or stand for more than 30 minutes. Wednesday of last week, we got an eviction notice (lack of work meant not being able to pay rent and we had to go to the chidlren's hospital in Portland which nuked any income we had on expenses while we were there), from the largest property management company in the valley. We went to court yesterday and mediated our being able to stay here until the end of November.

Here is where we need some help -

We have two cats which we cannot part with, we also have a special needs daughter which would be destroyed if we had to part with her buddies. She is in the MAPS program at school and consistency is what she requires. We have to be able to move into a place by the middle of November so we have time to vacate this one and clean it.

Does anyone know of property management companies or landlords which accept indoor only cats and renters with a slightly tarnished rental history? We are by now black listed with our current company and quite honestly, they manage 3/4 of the properties at least in the valley. I am still down without work and am feverishly looking and applying for jobs left and right. My wife is in school and gets financial aid which we can use to pay for rent and deposits in the next week to secure at least two months of rent (depending on the deposit). By then, I expect to be working again. Smiling

By the end of next year, we plan on relocating to the Portland area once she gets her Masters in Business Psychology, where HR related jobs are a plenty, so a month to month lease is also desired, but we can also commit to a one year lease.
This may no be very helpful, but I will throw it out anyway. I have a friend that is about to commit to renting a home with land in Ruch from someone he knows pretty well. Unfortunately, he can not move into it till May 2015. He was considering subletting the place till May so he does not waste 6 months rent. He obviously wants this particular place.

The potential problem renting a place that you must have vacated by a certain date is that people often do not leave a property when the say they will and my friend would be without a place to live if that happened. You probably need a longer term rental anyway, but I will see if he is a cat friendly guy (I'm not) and if he would want to talk to you. If he does, I can PM you with contact information. Good luck in your search.
Hope all turned out well....