The Case for Drinking as Much Coffee as You Like Every reason to justify it
I don't understand, who thought you could drink too much coffee to begin with?
Cool! Coffee drinkers amuse me. Big Grin
My old coffee maker kept the coffee that was already made hot because the pot sat on a burner.
Our new one has a super insulated pot, nothing to heat it and it's amazing how long it keeps the coffee hot with nothing but insulation.

I wonder how much power would be saved if EVERYONE had this type.
(04-12-2018, 06:37 AM)Juniper Wrote: Cool! Coffee drinkers amuse me.  Big Grin

Yeah but there's coffee drinkers and then there's coffee drinkers. My wife and I both have two cups in the morning. And that's it until the next day.
And then there are the REAL coffee drinkers. Razz

I always thought that drinking Coffee made people I worked with cold. Plus they had to pee a lot LOL.
I swear, every coffee fiend I ever worked with seemed to be over dressed for how cold it was and the has to have the temperature like 90 degrees in the break rooms to the point where I had to either not go in or sit by the door and hold it partly open.
So after all of these years, Ir seems my theory was correct.

When you drink coffee more blood flows to your skin where additional heat is lost through conduction, convection and evaporation so you'll end up colder than when you started!

http://www.wowreally.blog/2006/11/hot-dr...older.html
We have had Keurig Coffee makers for about 8 years... just last week we upgraded. Doing a cup at a time we always get a hot cup of coffee; and we don't have any wasted coffee since we make only what we drink. We like the Hawaiian blends and are able to get a box of 100 Kcups at Costco. Works for us.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(04-12-2018, 01:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: My old coffee maker kept the coffee that was already made hot because the pot sat on a burner.
Our new one has a super insulated pot, nothing to heat it and it's amazing how long it keeps the coffee hot with nothing but insulation.

I would imagine the coffee would taste better also.
(04-12-2018, 02:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 01:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: My old coffee maker kept the coffee that was already made hot because the pot sat on a burner.

I would imagine the coffee would taste better also.

Yeah, no doubt. Nothing smells worse to me than coffee that has been sitting on a burner for hours.
Or coffee grounds for that matter. I won't even let my wife put them in our garbage can LOL. We just wash them down the sink.
Or sometimes I toss them out in an area where my night crawlers can eat them.
(04-12-2018, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah but there's coffee drinkers and then there's coffee drinkers. My wife and I both have two cups in the morning. And that's it until the next day.

I always thought that drinking Coffee made people I worked with cold. Plus they had to pee a lot LOL.
I swear, every coffee fiend I ever worked with seemed to be over dressed for how cold it was and the has to have the temperature like 90 degrees in the break rooms to the point where I had to either not go in or sit by the door and hold it partly open.

When you drink coffee more blood flows to your skin where additional heat is lost through conduction, convection and evaporation so you'll end up colder than when you started!

I guess.  But I don't drink coffee (much) and I am cold all the time now.  I wear fingerless mitts and a beanie 24 hours a day from about the end of October till late may.
(04-12-2018, 04:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I guess.  But I don't drink coffee (much) and I am cold all the time now.  I wear fingerless mitts and a beanie 24 hours a day from about the end of October till late may.
A friend who I play guitar with is cold blooded. I went to his house like three days ago. It was the middle of the day and about 67 degrees and he built a fire in the wood stove in his shop Blink Rolling Eyes And while he was backing up to it to feel the heat I was stripped down to a T shirt and as far from the stove as possible.