BEER
(11-08-2014, 05:48 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 09:33 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 08:14 AM)Homebrew4u Wrote:
(10-27-2014, 07:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I felt a bit challenged by Homebrew's comment to me in another thread. So, well, I'm not a beer geek. I'd kinda like to be, but I geek out about so many things, that this one is rather anemic. As I said, I know what I like. Malty, smooth beers. So, lots of times I really don't know what I'm doing or looking for...I just kind of go by experience. But, hey! I'm open to more edumacation! I'd like to learn more about beer without being inundated with a 6 page list of things that overwhelms my information bank.

What say you?

I sorry if I made you feel challenged I didn't mean to. So many folks say they don't like this beer or that because its an ale or lager. There are only 2 kinds of beer yeast Top fermenting (Ale ) and bottom fermenting (lager). So all beer's fall into one or the other, Larger's can be dark as October Fest, light as in Bud is Pilsner style but still a lager.
One other point larger's are fermented cold 40-45 deg, ales at higher temps mid 60's all the way to 80+ for Belgians. Ales are more fruty and Largers are a lot cleaner
So do you live in GP or Medford? I would like to go with you folks and drink a beer sometime and get you confused even moor about beer.

I still need a "date" (not romantically) for Trivia night at the Portal!

Did you find a date? If not I am willing to meet you in Medford for a few beers if you buy my cab home. So, how bad do you really need a date?

Laughing Not so bad as to foot your ride home 30 miles.
(11-09-2014, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 08:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 05:48 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 09:33 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 08:14 AM)Homebrew4u Wrote: I sorry if I made you feel challenged I didn't mean to. So many folks say they don't like this beer or that because its an ale or lager. There are only 2 kinds of beer yeast Top fermenting (Ale ) and bottom fermenting (lager). So all beer's fall into one or the other, Larger's can be dark as October Fest, light as in Bud is Pilsner style but still a lager.
One other point larger's are fermented cold 40-45 deg, ales at higher temps mid 60's all the way to 80+ for Belgians. Ales are more fruty and Largers are a lot cleaner
So do you live in GP or Medford? I would like to go with you folks and drink a beer sometime and get you confused even moor about beer.

I still need a "date" (not romantically) for Trivia night at the Portal!

Did you find a date? If not I am willing to meet you in Medford for a few beers if you buy my cab home. So, how bad do you really need a date?

Tia don't NEED no stinkin' date! Laughing Might enjoy one, but don't NEED one.
Tia is a great lady with a wining smile, a wide range of interests and a fun conversationalist.
NO. I've never dated her. I have on a couple of occasions at group meet-up's enjoyed chatting with her.

And by the bye you too, I really like the exchanges above between the two of you. Civil and even polite. Ya know how rare that kind of thing has been here at the old RVF? I mean, not ALL dialog is hostile, but more of the tone like that above would go a long way in improving dialog around here. (and I confess to my own hostility and wise-ass remarks...your example motivates me)

Yet another not too veiled whine about this horrible site.. WE must strive.. we MUST striveLaughingLaughingLaughing

BTW Tia I'm a trivia partners dream come true. In the old days when pictionary came out , whomever chose me as a partner usually won.RazzWink

Well, TV, That doesn't help me much. I'll just go on......Embarrassed
Tuesday is veteran's day. That means I can hit 4 daughters for trivia night tomorrow night!Big Grin