Have you turned on your heat yet?
I have but we probably could have gone without. We've used the pellet stove but not too often. I would say I've spent about 6 bucks on pellets.
I hope we don't have sub zero temps like last winter.
I did when we came back from visiting the family in Klamath Falls. We normally run "cool" at 74 in our upstairs apartment, when we came home it was at 69 so hit the heater to go up. Burned a lot of dust out for sure, but it will be ready and free of dust for the new tenants come December 1st. Smiling
Yeah, I turned it on a few weeks ago. It will satay on till May.
No heater but with just a 1,200 sf apartment it warms up pretty good just cooking meals in the morning and evening. The windows get opened a bit when the tempts are 55 or above. May even get some mid 60's this week. Cool
(11-02-2014, 08:05 PM)medfordite Wrote: I did when we came back from visiting the family in Klamath Falls. We normally run "cool" at 74 in our upstairs apartment, when we came home it was at 69 so hit the heater to go up. Burned a lot of dust out for sure, but it will be ready and free of dust for the new tenants come December 1st. Smiling

Yeah 69 isn't too fun when you are just sitting around. But If I were you I would tear up the floor and remove the insulationRazz
Let the chump downstairs heat your apartmentLaughing
Got a bit chilly Saturday.
Set fire to the Mrs. Wonky's hair.
She didn't think it was funny.
Woman has no sense of humor.

Fired up the heaters. 69 degrees don't work for old folks. 72 just tolerable if wearing my old man's cardigan.
Yes. But I could have done without. I lost a few pounds and that always make me colder, so I've been a bit of a weenie.
Yep. The heats been on some, not too often yet. No need to rush things.
I just found a space heater under my wifes computer desk. Sad
Definitely turned it on here. With highs only in the 50's, I had to. Have it set at 64.
(11-02-2014, 11:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I just found a space heater under my wifes computer desk. Sad

Yep! i've got one of those! And I'm using it right now. I could go without it. It just feels nice.
We've used it a few times in the morning. Set it at 68. Still keep a bedroom window open at nite. Fan on, too. Smiling
I have a fire ready to lite in the woodstove. I usually try to wait until late afternoon to have a fire and then let it go out around 8 PM.
Not today though. Finally back to cycling commute and the weather is quite comfy. I overdressed.
Absolutely... the heat... the fireplace... the electric blanket... it's ALL on!
Of all things, my heater went out! So I bought a space heater. It worked great for 4 days then stopped turning on. Sigh. Back to the store. Buy a different one. It's ok, but not for really heating a house. Anyway. I see some news that we may have some snow flurry by Saturday. But then it should warm up after that.
(11-19-2014, 09:44 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Of all things, my heater went out! So I bought a space heater. It worked great for 4 days then stopped turning on. Sigh. Back to the store. Buy a different one. It's ok, but not for really heating a house. Anyway. I see some news that we may have some snow flurry by Saturday. But then it should warm up after that.

When you say my heater went out!.. what do you mean? A furnace or what?

I buy the milk house style electric heaters at Big R. They are cheap and have lasted me two to three years with out any problems. I think they are 14 or 16 bucks.
(11-19-2014, 12:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 09:44 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Of all things, my heater went out! So I bought a space heater. It worked great for 4 days then stopped turning on. Sigh. Back to the store. Buy a different one. It's ok, but not for really heating a house. Anyway. I see some news that we may have some snow flurry by Saturday. But then it should warm up after that.

I buy the milk house style electric heaters at Big R. They are cheap and have lasted me two to three years with out any problems. I think they are 14 or 16 bucks.

What's a milkhouse heater? I'm fine, btw.Wink
(11-19-2014, 09:27 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

[Image: k2-_bfd40a36-c6a2-4b5f-998a-857852252b0f.v1.jpg]
(11-19-2014, 11:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 09:27 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

[Image: k2-_bfd40a36-c6a2-4b5f-998a-857852252b0f.v1.jpg]

Oh, yeah! I picked one of those up on Sunday and plugged it in. It promptly threw the breaker!
On another note, not heater really, I notice that I'm super sleepy, draggy and tired right now. It seems like every year around this time I go through the same thing, adjusting to the lack of sunlight and shorter days. I'm tired. I'm lethargic. But I don't sleep well. Hopefully I can get back to the bike commute soon. Sometimes my work doesn't allow it, because I have to drive around. But the exercise seems to help. And it's not a Vitamin D thing either. I always take Vit D. And after my blood test last year came in borderline/just adequate on Vitamin D I 've since doubled my dose. No real improvement. So, I don't think that's the issue. Then it seems like by the end of December I seem to adjust or adapt or something. Right now though. Blegh.