Absolute Abuse Of Power By A Police Officer
(09-05-2017, 06:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 04:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 02:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 06:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Actually, add some wheels or tracks and some software and it would surely blur the lines some. No one here has defined just what would qualify as an AI cop so disagreement is pretty easy.
Actually Juniper spoke of AI cops replacing real cops because they don't have emotions and can't be instigated.
And I think that's still going to be the case at some point.  It may not be the best thing to happen either.  But there does seem to be an awfully short fuse and very extreme reaction by a minority of law enforcement, but it could mean a change in attitude by administrations to some things.

The awful short fuse issue is just one reason cops make mistakes or over react. IMO body cams should for the most part solve that problem.

And I think that's still going to be the case at some point.

You mean robots..... I just don't see how that's even remotely possible. I know I'm repeating myself but we are a LONG way from a robotic cop who could access danger properly. Or question a suspect. Or use deadly force.
Or any other of many things human beings have to do to be a cop.

I could imagine a robocop taking over some traffic cop and other duties. Not that I'd welcome it. But you're right, I don't think they'll replace detectives and some other tasks in my lifetime.

Not that it compares directly to this discussion, but I wouldn't have guessed ten years ago that we'd be this close to self driving cars and trucks as we are today.

Detectives?  No. 

Self driving cars....people won't even take their kids to school anymore. They'll just send them in the SDC.
(09-05-2017, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: Actually Juniper spoke of AI cops replacing real cops because they don't have emotions and can't be instigated.
And I think that's still going to be the case at some point.  It may not be the best thing to happen either.  But there does seem to be an awfully short fuse and very extreme reaction by a minority of law enforcement, but it could mean a change in attitude by administrations to some things.

The awful short fuse issue is just one reason cops make mistakes or over react. IMO body cams should for the most part solve that problem.

You mean robots..... I just don't see how that's even remotely possible. I know I'm repeating myself but we are a LONG way from a robotic cop who could access danger properly. Or question a suspect. Or use deadly force.

I could imagine a robocop taking over some traffic cop and other duties. Not that I'd welcome it. But you're right, I don't think they'll replace detectives and some other tasks in my lifetime.

Not that it compares directly to this discussion, but I wouldn't have guessed ten years ago that we'd be this close to self driving cars and trucks as we are today.

Detectives?  No. 

Self driving cars....people won't even take their kids to school anymore. They'll just send them in the SDC.

Wonderful, yet another opportunity for people to disengage from their children.   Dry
(09-05-2017, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: Actually Juniper spoke of AI cops replacing real cops because they don't have emotions and can't be instigated.

Detectives?  No. 

They have the ability to send them on a bus NOW and many won't even do that.
(09-05-2017, 08:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 02:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: And I think that's still going to be the case at some point.  It may not be the best thing to happen either.  But there does seem to be an awfully short fuse and very extreme reaction by a minority of law enforcement, but it could mean a change in attitude by administrations to some things.

Detectives?  No. 

BUS???  What's cool about a BUS??? Laughing Laughing
(09-05-2017, 08:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 04:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: The awful short fuse issue is just one reason cops make mistakes or over react. IMO body cams should for the most part solve that problem.

Detectives?  No. 

Every kid in school will have to have a SDC, it will be like the new cell phone.
(09-05-2017, 08:52 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 06:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I could imagine a robocop taking over some traffic cop and other duties. Not that I'd welcome it. But you're right, I don't think they'll replace detectives and some other tasks in my lifetime.

Detectives?  No. 

Every kid in school will have to have a SDC, it will be like the new cell phone.
I think so.  Does that mean you can 'drive'  yourself home from the bar after you've knocked back a few too many?
(09-05-2017, 08:59 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote: Detectives?  No. 

I think so.  Does that mean you can 'drive'  yourself home from the bar after you've knocked back a few too many?

As long as the gas in your car is alcohol free.

technically speaking, Are you the operator of a SDC?
(09-05-2017, 09:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 08:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:  They have the ability to send them on a bus NOW and many won't even do that.

That's the question!
(09-05-2017, 09:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 09:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 08:41 PM)Juniper Wrote: BUS???  What's cool about a BUS??? Laughing Laughing

That's the question!

It will have to be a sober person who sends the car home for you. Otherwise you might tell the car to go to your ex-wifes home.

Laughing
Quote:An Aurora woman says after she rushed her boyfriend who had a bullet wound to the hospital, a police officer threw her to the ground, choked her and stomped on her head, according to a federal lawsuit

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/06/aur...e-lawsuit/