What's Your Favorite Popcorn
Old style, popped in oil on the stovetop is just too heavy for my families taste. Air popper works well but you need to add flavor (butter?) to make it yummy and therefore a bit more hassle. Which leaves the microwave bags. Smiling

Seems there are more bad ones than good, so what are your favorite microwave brands/flavor? Mine is the Jolly Time Jalapeno, but it doesn't fly with the three girls in my life. Rolling Eyes Big Grin

[Image: jolly-time-jalapeno-butter-spicy-microwave-popcorn.jpg]
Microwave popcorn is not my thing, especially flavored. My wife uses an air popper, but I prefer popping my popcorn in oil so I use this unit.
[Image: 850711-20140802061138-west-bend-red-stir...popper.jpg]

You can use as little as one tablespoon of oil, depending on how much your popping of course you will need a little more, you have to find the sweet spot to suit your taste. (I use Olive Oil, instead of regular old vegetable oil). The popper has a small stir rod so it keeps the kernels moving through the oil while heating so you can get by using very little oil. I don't even add butter once it's done, I just add some salt.

Bi-Mart sells it, and it just so happens to be on sale until 12/14 for $19. Smiling
Seedless pop corn.
(12-08-2014, 01:04 PM)GPnative Wrote: Microwave popcorn is not my thing, especially flavored. My wife uses an air popper, but I prefer popping my popcorn in oil so I use this unit.

You can use as little as one tablespoon of oil, depending on how much your popping of course you will need a little more, you have to find the sweet spot to suit your taste. (I use Olive Oil, instead of regular old vegetable oil). The popper has a small stir rod so it keeps the kernels moving through the oil while heating so you can get by using very little oil. I don't even add butter once it's done, I just add some salt.

Bi-Mart sells it, and it just so happens to be on sale until 12/14 for $19. Smiling

Thanks!
I have a Bi-Mart card and am on my way. Well, as soon as I get off my butt I'll be on my way. (I'm not known as a fast starter).
I'm really old and don't fear much but I read a thing recently about just how nasty microwave popcorn is and while I know I'm gonna die, I don't want to die TODAY!

And I do like popcorn. I wonder if it's something both Conservatives and Liberals have in common? No...there's also kinky sex, no sales taxes, sitting around the campfire, and good natured dogs.
(12-08-2014, 01:04 PM)GPnative Wrote: Microwave popcorn is not my thing, especially flavored. My wife uses an air popper, but I prefer popping my popcorn in oil so I use this unit.

That is the popper I started roasting coffee with. Didn't work too well for that though. Maybe I should try popping corn on my new coffee roaster. Laughing

[Image: brock2.jpg]
(12-08-2014, 04:36 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

That is the popper I started roasting coffee with. Didn't work too well for that though. Maybe I should try popping corn on my new coffee roaster. Laughing

[Image: brock2.jpg]

I swear V/S, you would rather cut down a cedar tree and buy a lead mine than buy a #2 pencil. Laughing
(12-08-2014, 04:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I swear V/S, you would rather cut down a cedar tree and buy a lead mine than buy a #2 pencil. Laughing

Guess what I'm getting EVERYONE for Christmas this year. Big Grin Excluding my kids of course. Wink
I like popcorn, but I never buy it or make it!Confused
(12-08-2014, 08:25 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I like popcorn, but I never buy it or make it!Confused

?
(12-08-2014, 04:26 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks!
I have a Bi-Mart card and am on my way. Well, as soon as I get off my butt I'll be on my way. (I'm not known as a fast starter).
I'm really old and don't fear much but I read a thing recently about just how nasty microwave popcorn is and while I know I'm gonna die, I don't want to die TODAY!

And I do like popcorn. I wonder if it's something both Conservatives and Liberals have in common? No...there's also kinky sex, no sales taxes, sitting around the campfire, and good natured dogs.

You don't need no stinking Bi Mart card. Just find a piece of green plastic and show a little sliver of it sticking out of your wallet when you walk in the doorRazz
(12-09-2014, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Thanks!

You don't need no stinking Bi Mart card. Just find a piece of green plastic and show a little sliver of it sticking out of your wallet when you walk in the doorRazz

Just another reason you are my hero! Razz

Thanks!

Laughing Brilliant! Or a generous soul could just cut theirs into 4 pieces it and ole it out to their friends. What is the point of the "Membership" anyway?
(12-09-2014, 10:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 08:25 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I like popcorn, but I never buy it or make it!Confused

?

Is there nothing you like but rarely indulge in?
(12-09-2014, 02:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks!

Just another reason you are my hero! Razz
icky
(12-09-2014, 10:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 10:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

?

Is there nothing you like but rarely indulge in?

Sex drugs and rock&roll.... ER I mean Wonky not meRazz

Popcorn is OK and I never buy it or make it either.

So I went and bought one today.
What did I forget?
You got it.
Popcorn. Embarrassed
I would go to Merlin but that place is too scary.The last time I was there some guy said I had a purty mouth and Burt Reynolds wasn't with me.Sad

[Image: 2wmdkzb.jpg]

Can you use it without oil?
(12-10-2014, 08:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Can you use it without oil?

No. Air poppers are the only oil free poppers.

Edit:
I used my Stir-Crazy to roast in the shell nuts and candied nuts with some success. The batch size is too small though.
Red or Blue popcorn is my favorite, edge to blue. We have a commercial popcorn maker.
For microwave Pop-secret home style is hard to beat. 40 years ago Jewel tea sold the best.