slow?
I just wonder. The forum is slow but it is the end? Fini, death? I think people are busy with a lot of things. And peoples interests change. There has to be a million reasons people stop posting.
And I hate to say it but some members are gone, meaning not on this planet anymore.
Is it only me or is it not obvious that the conservatives have mostly left. IMO it's also true that many with religious faith simply got tired of being told why idiots they were.
But at the end of the day... the hell with them. If you can't take the heat get out......
So I don't blame anyone for why they left.

Anyway as far as why this forum is so slow. IMO it's because there is NO new blood. Nothing. There isn't anything that lures or brings people to this place.

Maybe some of you forgot or you just didn't know what that this forum is a remnant of the Medford Mail tribune forum.

That worked well because every single article in the news paper had a place at the bottom to comment.
And people with opposing views commented and then they commented at each other. It was honest. It was very often brutal. But it was a REAL insight in to what people were REALLY thinking.
And forum life evolved.
And so it was goodLaughingLaughing Until the influx of new people was cut off by the newspaper. After that this place had about the same future as DetroitRazz

After that this place basically turned in to a social club. Along with that came the little insider clubs.
People would band up and defend their views like little gangs in the hood. And for a long long time that created the drama that fueled this place. And it was still goodRazz

Who else remember this?
(12-20-2014, 09:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just wonder. The forum is slow but it is the end? Fini, death? I think people are busy with a lot of things. And peoples interests change. There has to be a million reasons people stop posting.
And I hate to say it but some members are gone, meaning not on this planet anymore.
Is it only me or is it not obvious that the conservatives have mostly left. IMO it's also true that many with religious faith simply got tired of being told why idiots they were.
But at the end of the day... the hell with them. If you can't take the heat get out......
So I don't blame anyone for why they left.

Anyway as far as why this forum is so slow. IMO it's because there is NO new blood. Nothing. There isn't anything that lures or brings people to this place.

Maybe some of you forgot or you just didn't know what that this forum is a remnant of the Medford Mail tribune forum.

That worked well because every single article in the news paper had a place at the bottom to comment.
And people with opposing views commented and then they commented at each other. It was honest. It was very often brutal. But it was a REAL insight in to what people were REALLY thinking.
And forum life evolved.
And so it was goodLaughingLaughing Until the influx of new people was cut off by the newspaper. After that this place had about the same future as DetroitRazz

After that this place basically turned in to a social club. Along with that came the little insider clubs.
People would band up and defend their views like little gangs in the hood. And for a long long time that created the drama that fueled this place. And it was still goodRazz

Who else remember this?

I do, but as I said in another thread, most if not all of you have no idea what an important role Pastor/JC/Hammy Sammy played in keeping this place occupied with "interesting" characters. Laughing

This doesn't mean I condone the actions that got him banned, but most everyone understood he is a complex individual with complicated issues beyond our ability to help. Unfortunately many just taunted and prodded, but that is another story.
Bullshit. He was and is a dangerous delusional asshole. Forums everywhere are dying; not just this one.
(12-20-2014, 11:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Bullshit. He was and is a dangerous delusional asshole. Forums everywhere are dying; not just this one.

This forum does not have to die.
We need to have a good and reasonable debate about how we want to interact here, and what kind of standards we can agree to.
What do we have in common? How can we best have ongoing exchanges in discussing those things and keeping "on track" without resorting to personal attacks?

We might begin by each posting what we expect of this place, and the things we hope this space will provide.

TVg, your question is good: Now, maybe you can start by describing what kind of changes you feel would make this space better, and attract more new people to widen our conversations.
(12-20-2014, 09:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: Anyway as far as why this forum is so slow. IMO it's because there is NO new blood. Nothing. There isn't anything that lures or brings people to this place.

Oh... but there is PLENTY to keep new blood from joining in... like new blood not being welcomed or accepted here; like new ideas not being accepted or wanted here; like some people just go from post to post looking for a fight; like members being told to "Fuck Off!"; like members being stalked and harassed... and it ALL still continues to this day!

Yet, some people don't get why this place is dying. Rolling Eyes Durrr.... Blink
(12-21-2014, 09:03 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: We need to have a good and reasonable debate about how we want to interact here, and what kind of standards we can agree to.
What do we have in common? How can we best have ongoing exchanges in discussing those things and keeping "on track" without resorting to personal attacks?

We might begin by each posting what we expect of this place, and the things we hope this space will provide.

Wow, you STILL actually believe that all we need to do is request encourage, lecture , beg, plead for people to "interact here" with the "kind of standards we can agree to".Blink
Seriously? How's that working so far Wonky. IMO You are dreaming and expecting the impossible.

To fix the problem we are simply going to stay "on track" "without resorting to personal attacks"?

Sure wonk, lets ask for world peace while we are at itRazz

Quote: TVg, your question is good: Now, maybe you can start by describing what kind of changes you feel would make this space better, and attract more new people to widen our conversations.

First of all I never said we needed any "changes" that would make this space better.
The ONLY way to do that is censorship and from what I've seen most people here are not in favor of that.
As far as attract more new people to widen our conversations? i don't know. I was just pointing out the fact that we USED to have an endless supply of new posters who wanted to add their two cents about an MMT article.

Buy now I don't know how anyone finds this place. Most forums I see have a specific audience.. photography...car clubs...birds or whatever.
It appears some people live in the past.
FYI... the past is the past...
Quote:past
adjective
gone by in time and no longer existing.

We're about to enter the year 2015. Just sayin'...
(12-21-2014, 09:03 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 11:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Bullshit. He was and is a dangerous delusional asshole. Forums everywhere are dying; not just this one.

This forum does not have to die.
We need to have a good and reasonable debate about how we want to interact here, and what kind of standards we can agree to.

TVg, your question is good: Now, maybe you can start by describing what kind of changes you feel would make this space better, and attract more new people to widen our conversations.

Free coffee, and not the cheap crap either, we want the good stuff. And green stamps, definitely green stamps. Everything else can be blamed on TVg.
(12-21-2014, 09:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 09:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: Anyway as far as why this forum is so slow. IMO it's because there is NO new blood. Nothing. There isn't anything that lures or brings people to this place.

Oh... but there is PLENTY to keep new blood from joining in... like new blood not being welcomed or accepted here; like new ideas not being accepted or wanted here; like some people just go from post to post looking for a fight; like members being told to "Fuck Off!"; like members being stalked and harassed... and it ALL still continues to this day!

Yet, some people don't get why this place is dying. Rolling Eyes Durrr.... Blink

And you and your big mouth were always right on top of every shit pile.
How many times have you bitched about Simon Peckerneck. BTW That's YOUR name for the guy.
And Mark Seligman. I'm pretty sure you had orgasms denigrating that guy every single day of your life.

And I bet I'm not the only one who saw your endless and not necessary posts to JC hammy sammy.

And NOW you want to do the same thing to me and all the while you play the innocent. I'm not the only one who can see right through your bullshit.

Just like yesterday.. YOU came at ME with the word "dipshit" and saying "buy a clue" when I had said nothing offensive to you.

So you bet your ass I told you to go fuck yourself.. you earned it. And now I'm saying it again.

And who the hell is being stalked and harassed now??? YOU??? Poor baby, it's ALWAYS you... what's up with that??
Thank you for proving my point.
(12-21-2014, 10:03 AM)tvguy Wrote: And who the hell is being stalked and harassed now??? YOU??? Poor baby, it's ALWAYS you... what's up with that??

Yes. You probably wouldn't believe who informed me of it.
Hell, for all I know you could be the culprit.
We have a pretty good idea who it is... but you never know.
It's not a mystery, unless you're a half witted blow hard prick most of the time.

One example of the problem here, as I perceive it..
TVg said:
Quote:And BTW his half witted blowhard has your sorry ass beat in every possible way.

And another...
TVg says regularly
Quote:Go fuck yourself.

And the list could go on and on, but what's the point?

Gosh, I can't imagine why people don't want to hang out here!?!?!?!?!
LOL!
(12-21-2014, 11:01 AM)gapper Wrote: It's not a mystery, unless you're a half witted blow hard prick most of the time.

TVg said:
Quote:And BTW his half witted blowhard has your sorry ass beat in every possible way.

And another...
TVg says regularly

LOL!

You gave two examples of me responding in kind. If you actually believe BBQ and Scrapper are so innocent then you are blind.
Quote:Gosh, I can't imagine why people don't want to hang out here!?!?!?!?!

Gosh like I'm the ONLY SINGLE poster who has ever been mean or or cussed in all of these yearsLaughingLaughing
Too freaking funny that suddenly I alone am guilty of the slow forumLaughing

By the way Gappie this part half witted blowhard part that you attributed to me was copied from what BBQ called me.
(12-21-2014, 10:41 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Thank you for proving my point.

I proved my point. Should I go back a pull up the thread where you and a couple others were trashing Seligman and even his girlfriend who were injured and nearly killed in a fire that destroyed their home??

You have a lot of nerve telling ANYONE what they should or shouldn't say.
Guilty alone? You don't admit to any guilt!
You talk about everyone else thinking they are innocent... but don't bother to look at yourself.

I don't see how anyone could question WHY this place is dying... with a straight face, any way.

BTW... the MMT forum DIED... it is DEAD and GONE! Move on.
(12-21-2014, 11:27 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I proved my point. Should I go back a pull up the thread where you and a couple others were trashing Seligman and even his girlfriend who were injured and nearly killed in a fire that destroyed their home??

Here... it's right here...
http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...?tid=15829
You read things into that entire thread that were not there.
Read it and weep!
(12-21-2014, 11:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-21-2014, 11:27 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Here... it's right here...
http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...?tid=15829
You read things into that entire thread that were not there.
Read it and weep!

Scrapper
Forum User
RE: Seligman House Fire
Fire in the living room... Seligman got out through "a bedroom window" the woman got out through "the front door". Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

I didn't read anything that was not there. Here you are going along with the assumption that mark left his girlfriend to burn.

And you said... Well, let's see... who escaped through a bedroom window and is NOT hospitalized ~and~ who escaped out the front door and is in a Portland hospital in critical condition?

Nice, REAL nice, Scrapper the detective who roots out the true story and obvious is alleging that Mark left his woman to burn.
You are a REAL GEM.

And our dearly departed supposedly so kind hearted Ponder was right on top of all the idiotic cruel posts towards a man and his women who were burned and lost everything.

Yes it's all there Scrapper and here is what Gapper said....
gapper Offline
Forum User
Only if you were there, at that particular moment, can you with any semblance of credibility, speculate on what he did, how he did it or why he did it, or what he could or should have done differently.

I am against most everything Mark stands for, but the apparent disregard from some here, for another human being at a time like this is so very disappointing, on several levels.

I couldn't agree more

Sure Scrapper I made it all up right? here is what this poster Accurately said...

nativeson Offline
Forum User
I cannot fathom some of the sentiment of this forum community. How can some of you show total disregard for such tragedy.

And your brilliant denial

Scrapper Offline
Forum User
Some people are able to turn anything into left vs right B.S.
They use their holier-than-thou attitude to further their agenda.
Hypocritical, much? Rolling Eyes

I rest my case. You are the biggest hypocrite this forum has ever seen.
(12-21-2014, 11:01 AM)gapper Wrote: It's not a mystery, unless you're a half witted blow hard prick most of the time.

TVg said:

And another...
TVg says regularly

LOL!
I'm not slow enough to hang out here.
As has been observed by many, karma can indeed be a bitch. And...well, I guess that's enough.
One can turn anything they want into something that it isn't when history isn't taken into account... and it is taken out of context as well.

We still don't know the real truth of what happened there.

And... You also missed the part where I stated that I felt bad for the woman. That I wouldn't mind sending her money, but not if Seligman was involved in any way. I still would never send a dime to any account that had Seligman's name attached to it. But that doesn't further your agenda, so I see why you left that out.

Guess what, Mr. Likes-To-Argue-Guy... You're still here looking for an argument. Looking to pin anything wrong with this place on anyone and everyone... except for you. Rolling Eyes Blink Dry

FYI... As Big Rock stated... Karma can indeed be a bitch!