slow?
[Image: relationship_communication_breakdown.jpg]
Well...
Most of the posts above go to the point.

TVg, you sure did your part in speeding things up. You constant negative interactions with Scrapper is not what I thought you had it mind. The two of your provide boring posts the few of the rest of us have any interest in. Whatever your greivences the "fuck you's" were unnecessarily vulgar.

Slow? Yes, but it's GOOD CONTENT that will speed things up and encourage folks to want to interact here.

I'm looking forward to positive suggestions as to how this space might be become more interesting and promote more dialog from a wider group.
(12-21-2014, 02:09 PM)Scrapper Wrote: One can turn anything they want into something that it isn't when history isn't taken into account... and it is taken out of context as well.

We still don't know the real truth of what happened there.

And... You also missed the part where I stated that I felt bad for the woman. That I wouldn't mind sending her money, but not if Seligman was involved in any way. I still would never send a dime to any account that had Seligman's name attached to it. But that doesn't further your agenda, so I see why you left that out.

Guess what, Mr. Likes-To-Argue-Guy... You're still here looking for an argument. Looking to pin anything wrong with this place on anyone and everyone... except for you. Rolling Eyes Blink Dry

FYI... As Big Rock stated... Karma can indeed be a bitch!

Your first post on this thread was a very thinly veiled attack aimed at me and others.Put that in your hypocritical pipe and choke on it.

And Karma is just as lame as religion. It's actually the same damn thing to believe in something imaginary with out one single shred of evidence to support it.

And how ironic is it that the one who talked about Karma more than anyone else on the forum is no longer alive?

What goes around comes around?? Rolling Eyes Baloney.
(12-21-2014, 03:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: And how ironic is it that the one who talked about Karma more than anyone else on the forum is no longer alive?

That is sort of what I was trying to say, but I guess it didn't get across.
(12-21-2014, 03:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Well...
Most of the posts above go to the point.

TVg, you sure did your part in speeding things up. You constant negative interactions with Scrapper is not what I thought you had it mind.

She asked for it Wonky, go look at her first post to me. The rest is just me defending myself.

Quote: The two of your provide boring posts the few of the
have any interest in. Whatever your greivences the "fuck you's" were unnecessarily vulgar.
[/quote]

YES MOTHER and since when do YOU speak for the "rest of us" ?

To some us a word is just a word. I see VERY little difference when someone treats you like crap using language that YOU think is appropriate then me telling them to fuck off.
If you want a censored forum then you are free to go find one but as far as I have seen that's NOT what people here wanted.
I could make this place less slow, but I won't until everyone that has called me names apologizes. Rolling Eyes

Some of you need this place more than I do so get busy saying you're sorry. Laughing
I have experience in running web forums in the past. The first one I ran was a VERY specialized forum dedicated to just one area (A blood disorder). It became a quickly growing community and at it's peak, ranked quite high in the search results on Google which for a webmaster is a huge compliment. Smiling I ended up killing it later on after about 1 or 2 years of fruitless attempts at gaining participation in topics and new posts. People either forgot about the site or left it for one reason or another. This was back from 2003-2006.

In 2008, I ran the very early version of this site, when the Mail Tribune Forum was having internal member issues. I had it running for a while, but my ignorance at the time in finding a good web host caused too many issues and my sometimes iron fisted moderation took over. I do remember though having some well known members here on this forum PM'ing me begging me to ban one person or another. I ended up taking the site down.

Enter in Medfordforum and they came online to take the place of MTF and this site as well. Medfordforum started off great, but they suffered a massive abandonment. It is now an aggregator of news and invites comment on them.

Here is what I see is happening with the whole forum world. With the advent of Facebook, Reddit, and other popular sites, people have gone to them for discussion on various topics and the like. There are several very successful forums out there which are still active with members and discussions, some with over 10million or more posts. One common theme is they encourage both debate, but healthy discussion and total respect of other members. They allow civilized discussions and so forth, but trolling or flame baiting/attacking others is strictly prohibited. I am not saying this is what is needed here, but I think there needs to be some awareness made of the site to new people so they know it is around. You talk about fresh blood, that is how you attract it by advertising it.

Running a web forum is not an easy task for anyone, ask the admins here. The server costs, and software fees used to pay for software to run it can sometimes make one question the very reason for hosting it if nobody participates. When you host a forum, you soon realize that participation is the blood that keeps it alive.
Hey RVF, do you miss me yet?
I notice with the departure of kadylady, scrapper, and Tia we now have a grand total of 0 women posting. Telling.
(12-22-2014, 08:22 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I notice with the departure of kadylady, scrapper, and Tia we now have a grand total of 0 women posting. Telling.

Yeah, that crass, uncouth outburst from TVguy to Scrapper in the Simon Hare thread made me cringe. John Wayne would have kicked his ass for that one. Smiling
(12-21-2014, 11:01 AM)gapper Wrote: It's not a mystery, unless you're a half witted blow hard prick most of the time.

One example of the problem here, as I perceive it..
TVg said:
Quote:And BTW his half witted blowhard has your sorry ass beat in every possible way.

And another...
TVg says regularly
Quote:Go fuck yourself.

And the list could go on and on, but what's the point?

Gosh, I can't imagine why people don't want to hang out here!?!?!?!?!
LOL!

In REAL life, TV is about the only one from here I would even consider hanging out with, and we disagree on MOST things. The fact is, however, you would always know exactly where you stand with him. I don't find his language offensive, I find it conversational and very real.

Disclaimer: This post does NOT mean that I want to even MEET TVguy.
SSDD...nice to see not much has changed. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all that jazz. Miss most of you. Smiling
(12-22-2014, 09:31 AM)Hugo Wrote: In REAL life, TV is about the only one from here I would even consider hanging out with, and we disagree on MOST things. The fact is, however, you would always know exactly where you stand with him. I don't find his language offensive, I find it conversational and very real.

"Go Fuck yourself".
"You fucking idiot".
"You don't have a fucking clue"..

Yeah, very "conversational".... if you are as shallow and lacking substance as much as TVg appears to be.

I guess, as they say, "birds of a feather flock together". Glad you two found someone on your respective levels to bond with.
It just exudes the joy of the season!! Wink LaughingLaughing

BTW, I'm betting he's not nearly so "real" and "conversational" in person. Most trash talking forum rats are not, in my experience.
They can bond over shooting squirrels. And poor folks.
I had gotten EXTREMELY tired of the flame wars AND that tool CSRowan. It just got old. I see he's pretty much stopped posting. I was just discouraged by it all. Not enjoyable AT ALL.
(12-22-2014, 12:35 PM)BeerMe Wrote: I had gotten EXTREMELY tired of the flame wars AND that tool CSRowan. It just got old. I see he's pretty much stopped posting. I was just discouraged by it all. Not enjoyable AT ALL.

Didn't you irked and discouraged when Hugo and your fellow conservatives puked all over this forum?
(12-22-2014, 10:57 AM)gapper Wrote:
(12-22-2014, 09:31 AM)Hugo Wrote: In REAL life, TV is about the only one from here I would even consider hanging out with, and we disagree on MOST things. The fact is, however, you would always know exactly where you stand with him. I don't find his language offensive, I find it conversational and very real.

"Go Fuck yourself".
"You fucking idiot".
"You don't have a fucking clue"..

Yeah, very "conversational".... if you are as shallow and lacking substance as much as TVg appears to be.

I guess, as they say, "birds of a feather flock together". Glad you two found someone on your respective levels to bond with.
It just exudes the joy of the season!! Wink LaughingLaughing

BTW, I'm betting he's not nearly so "real" and "conversational" in person. Most trash talking forum rats are not, in my experience.

LaughingLaughing You are funny because you so often LOVE to come off like the tough guy. Just like in this post. You can and do talk smack and now you come off like some angelLaughing
My bet is you are a skinny ass stubby store clerk with a little guy attitude.
Tell us more about the knuckle dragging slack jaw gun enthusiasts that poor Gapper has to deal with.

Quote:BTW, I'm betting he's not nearly so "real" and "conversational" in person.

Do you want to find out?
(12-22-2014, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: My bet is you are a skinny ass stubby store clerk with a little guy attitude.

Twitch
Isn't this place fun? I know Jesus loves me even though I am a sinner and worse than that, a liberal. In fact, I think Jesus was a liberal too. I mean he would have been a political liberal if he was alive today being gay and all.

I heard a song the other day about forgiveness and it reminded me that we can't all be like Jesus. Smiling