New Years Resolutions Anyone?
So, if you don't believe January 1st is some magical day . You could start planning your Ground Hog day resolutions.
(12-28-2014, 05:12 PM)chuck white Wrote: So, if you don't believe January 1st is some magical day . You could start planning your Ground Hog day resolutions.

Laughing I just think that if you have an epiphany about your behavior, RIGHT THEN is when you make the adjustment.
(12-28-2014, 05:16 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 05:12 PM)chuck white Wrote: So, if you don't believe January 1st is some magical day . You could start planning your Ground Hog day resolutions.

Laughing I just think that if you have an epiphany about your behavior, RIGHT THEN is when you make the adjustment.

I have read, with some care, all the above.

I'd guess all of your are right.

This place is getting absolutely too damn mellow. Laughing
(12-28-2014, 04:46 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 04:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 03:28 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 03:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 02:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Yep. I know better than to do New Years resolutions. To affect a real change to a (my) long held habit, I need to go at it methodically. And just about anytime is better than New Years for me.

Me too! Now why is that?

Because it's a joke to believe January 1st is some magical day that will help you beat your demons. You have to want to change, and that has NOTHING to do the new year.

So what if it's a joke? I have no doubt it works for some people to start a new year doing something or not doing something they have been wanting to do.

But I do understand your point somewhat, That it's is lame to actually think New years day is any different than any other.
But it CAN be if someone wants it to be. Is a birthday or anniversary any different than any other day? Or for you why is veterans some "magical day" to honor veterans? It is because we want it to be. Isn't that the same as making a New Years resolution on New Years day?Smiling

I don't disagree with you, but my point is that if you figure out at any point in your life that your behavior needs an adjustment, waiting until the "new year" to make the change means you really aren't that serious about it.

And that means you will probably fail.

I never thought of it as "waiting". I would never "wait", (well maybe a week or two as in if I decided to resolve to do something now". I think for many people the new year means a new chance. For me it doesn't matter.
Okay I'm convinced.
I'm gonna stop sucking blood from peoples necks.
Starting Jan 1.
I swear.
I'm sick of blood stains all over my white satin shirts.
And you know what? Blood is sticky stuff. Really.

Who am I kidding? I tried last year.

Tia, I've always admired your beautiful white neck. Embarrassed
(12-28-2014, 01:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't think I've ever made a New Years resolution that I've kept. I think for some people the idea of starting new is the inspiration. I find that any time is a new time.

12 years ago this New Year's Eve I smoked my last cigarette. It's the only New Year's resolution I've ever kept.
(12-29-2014, 01:44 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 01:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't think I've ever made a New Years resolution that I've kept. I think for some people the idea of starting new is the inspiration. I find that any time is a new time.

12 years ago this New Year's Eve I smoked my last cigarette. It's the only New Year's resolution I've ever kept.

Congratulations! Not easy giving up the smokes.

Last New Years Eve I vowed to give up boiled Okra. I'm proud to say I have not had one bite of that slimy crap.
(12-29-2014, 04:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Last New Years Eve I vowed to give up boiled Okra. I'm proud to say I have not had one bite of that slimy crap.

Yeah plus it's it's really hard to light.
(12-29-2014, 05:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yah, I've had better luck smoking fish!
(12-29-2014, 07:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 05:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yah, I've had better luck smoking fish!

For some reason I'm craving smoked salmon and Okra. And of course beer.