Does anyone have a dash cam?
I just ordered this one from Amazon ....

I bought a cheaper one at Bimart but it was a pain in the ass.
There has been a few times when I wished I had one. Just recently  I was ran off the road on Penninger in front of the Expo.
I looked in my rear view and some fool was coming so fast I thought he was going to plow right in to me. So I ran off the road to the right.
He went around me and a couple of other cars so I chased him. He turned in to road going the horse arena area speeding through there so fast he could have killed someone at any moment.
Then he sped out.
I continued to follow but I lost him because there was no way I was about to drive as fast as him. I called the cops but I had never been close enough to get the plate number.
Anyway the camera could also prove an accident was not my fault and totally pay for itself. They also have GPS so you can prove you were not speeding. Unless like me you actually are LOL.

Yes, I got one from Walmart for $20. (Christmas special)
Still haven't got any real good footage. Your right about the picture not good enough to capture a plate number.
I need to play with the settings some more. Increase the resolution and decrease the FPS.
(03-12-2018, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just ordered this one from Amazon ....

There has been a few times when I wished I had one. Just recently  I was ran off the road on Penninger in front of the Expo.
I looked in my rear view and some fool was coming so fast I thought he was going to plow right in to me. So I ran off the road to the right.
He went around me and a couple of other cars so I chased him. He turned in to road going the horse arena area speeding through there so fast he could have killed someone at any moment.
Then he sped out.
I continued to follow but I lost him because there was no way I was about to drive as fast as him. I called the cops but I had never been close enough to get the plate number.
Anyway the camera could also prove an accident was not my fault and totally pay for itself. They also have GPS so you can prove you were not speeding. Unless like me you actually are LOL.

That was me... Sorry.  Embarrassed
No, and I've never had one.
(03-12-2018, 05:25 PM)chuck white Wrote: Yes, I got one from Walmart for $20. (Christmas special)
Still haven't got any real good footage. Your right about the picture not good enough to capture a plate number.
I need to play with the settings some more. Increase the resolution and decrease the FPS.

Your right about the picture not good enough to capture a plate number

But I didn't say that LOL. I said I didn't close enough to get the plate number. I looked at a youtube video some guy made about this dash cam I ordered the resolution looked good and the guy said you could clearly make out the license plate.

Is your 20 dollar unit 1080 ?
(03-12-2018, 06:15 PM)GCG Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just ordered this one from Amazon ....

Then he sped out.

That was me... Sorry.  Embarrassed
I think it was some kid from Crater High school. This exact same thing happened to me a couple of years ago.
a guy FLEW past me on Penninger just like this dude. Only I was able to follow him to where his car was parked at the school and I called the police.
This is why you shouldn't play with your dog and let them tear up cardboard.

I got my dash cam delivered by someone from Amazon. They just dropped the box over my gate and left.

THIS is what we found....

[Image: 2hxykq8.jpg]
(03-16-2018, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is why you shouldn't play with your dog and let them tear up cardboard.

I got my dash cam delivered by someone from Amazon. They just dropped the box over my gate and left.

Surprised Big Grin Laughing

Did they at least have the decency to turn it on and record their actions?! Razz
(03-16-2018, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is why you shouldn't play with your dog and let them tear up cardboard.

Could that be called shipping damage if it hadn't reached the house yet??   Laughing
(03-16-2018, 01:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Could that be called shipping damage if it hadn't reached the house yet??   Laughing

The last time we has something delivered from Amazon it was in a plastic bag and they hung it on the gate.
This time it was just a box dropped on the ground.. what if it had rained on it?

We have a PO box only but Amazon won't deliver to it. We don't even know who Amazon contracted with to deliver this item. The dog chewed it up so bad we can't read it LOL. Anyway I'm going to make a box marked Fedex and I'll put it out when I have something being delivered.
And even then it's still at risk for being stolen.
(03-16-2018, 03:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Could that be called shipping damage if it hadn't reached the house yet??  

The last time we has something delivered from Amazon it was in a plastic bag and they hung it on the gate.
This time it was just a box dropped on the ground.. what if it had rained on it?

We have a PO box only but Amazon won't deliver to it. We don't even know who Amazon contracted with to deliver this item. The dog chewed it up so bad we can't read it LOL. Anyway I'm going to make a box marked Fedex and I'll put it out when I have something being delivered.
They have things like this for your porch... www.thelandport.com
I wonder if you could get (or build) something similar for near your gate.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(03-19-2018, 09:09 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

I don't think I need something that big. I think what might be best is to have a button at the gate that rings in the house. Usually either my wife or I are at home.
Wireless, easy peezy.
I had a Deputy come by recently to serve me a subpoena as a witness to a crime and he couldn't so he left his card on the gate. So I had to drive to the Sheriffs office all because I don't have a door bell at the gate. Sad

So Next I'll order a wireless door bell and when it gets here the dog can chew it up too Blink Blink Razz
(03-19-2018, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't think I need something that big. I think what might be best is to have a button at the gate that rings in the house. Usually either my wife or I are at home.
Wireless, easy peezy.
I had a Deputy come by recently to serve me a subpoena as a witness to a crime and he couldn't so he left his card on the gate. So I had to drive to the Sheriffs office all because I don't have a door bell at the gate. Sad

So Next I'll order a wireless door bell and when it gets here the dog can chew it up too Blink Blink
Might be cool to figure out a way to stick a 'Ring' doorbell out there. They ring it and you can see & talk to them. We have one on our front door. It rings our cell phones. So I don't even need to be home. It also rings me if it just sees movement when there shouldn't be.

(03-19-2018, 04:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 01:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Could that be called shipping damage if it hadn't reached the house yet??  

Wireless, easy peezy.

So Next I'll order a wireless door bell and when it gets here the dog can chew it up too Blink Blink
Might be cool to figure out a way to stick a 'Ring' doorbell out there. They ring it and you can see & talk to them. We have one on our front door. It rings our cell phones. So I don't  even need to be home. It also rings me if it just sees movement when there shouldn't be.

Hmmmm, I don't really need to see them but I like the idea of it connecting to my cell phone in case no one was home.

Actually I already have plans to install some outdoor cameras And they will be WiFI connected I suppose. Maybe I could point one with motion detection at the gate.
(03-19-2018, 04:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Hmmmm, I don't really need to see them but I like the idea of it connecting to my cell phone in case no one was home.

Actually I already have plans to install some outdoor cameras And they will be WiFI connected I suppose. Maybe I could point one with motion detection at the gate.

You can do the whole system or any combination you need to suit your needs. https://ring.com/

(03-16-2018, 01:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Did they at least have the decency to turn it on and record their actions?! Razz

Yeah, your dogs were like "Yay! Cookies?!"  [Image: funny-dog-pictures-cookies11.jpg]
(03-19-2018, 06:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 04:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Hmmmm, I don't really need to see them but I like the idea of it connecting to my cell phone in case no one was home.

You can do the whole system or any combination you need to suit your needs. https://ring.com/

Thanks,Yeah I know they have all of that stuff but I have huge dogs so I don't need most of that.
And I don't think I want a WIFI door bell because the button part would have to be in the street for anyone to vandalize.
(03-19-2018, 06:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 01:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Yeah, your dogs were like "Yay! Cookies?!"  [Image: funny-dog-pictures-cookies11.jpg]

LOL.I allowed my new dog to attack and play with cardboard boxes. So now I guess if it smells like cardboard to her it's fair game.

When she was a tiny puppy she found a plastic coffee can and ran around with it in her mouth while we all laughed.
So now she thinks ANY plastic container is a chew toy. I have a huge pile of black nursery pots behind my shop and she must have destroyed a dozen of them.
One just appeared in my front yard and it's at least a 15 gal pot Razz