Brrr, is everyone ready for freezing pipes or whatever?
Yesterday I FINALLY sealed up my pump house and installed heat tape along with a 120 volt receptacle.
Put a bandaid on my sprinkler valves. I bought a couple of two outlet T stat dealy bobs That will turn on a heater when the temp drops below 35 degrees in my utility room.

Right now it's 28 at my place but the CP weather stations all say it's 33 or 34 but my thermometer must be right because There is ice forming on the cars and water already has a thin layer of ice.
So anyway they say it will be 18 degrees tomorrow night in CP. So I guess that means it might really be 12 at my houseBlink
Our apartment is fine as it's well built and has double or triple pane windows. The best part is the neighbors on all sides keep us pretty warm and toasty.

My car on the other hand has needed the water pump replaced for a few weeks now and I've just been pouring water in it since it has been pretty warm. I was happy when my mechanic called today and said it was my turn.
It does seem a bit chilly this morning.

I won't know just how cold until I put my tongue on the metal post of the clothes line. I''m a science kind of guy and need REAL evidence.
(12-30-2014, 07:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: It does seem a bit chilly this morning.

I won't know just how cold until I put my tongue on the metal post of the clothes line. I''m a science kind of guy and need REAL evidence.

You have a clothing line? I always knowed you was a Kalvin Kline kind of feller. I'm looking for some "skinny jeans" , not to be fashionabler but because I am skinny.
You got any?
(12-30-2014, 10:55 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 07:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: It does seem a bit chilly this morning.

You have a clothing line? I always knowed you was a Kalvin Kline kind of feller. I'm looking for some "skinny jeans" , not to be fashionabler but because I am skinny.
You got any?

Of course I have a clothes line. I bought the Old Woman a wringer washing machine because I'm just a hopeless romantic and want her to be happy. But, until her 80th birthday she uses the "solar clothes dryer". (She's is good shape)

I got some jeans but not skinny. I still buy 'em just by waist size and very long. I cut off what I don't need and leave enough to roll up some. I use what I cut off for table napkins when folks come to visit.

You still skinny? Value Size and I are gonna come by and force feed you some beer and junk food. I know you was a sick puppy for a bit, but time to get ahold of that and beef up some. Maybe you could share some of Lola's food...last picture you posted of her she looked like she could share and be all the better for it. Don't get me wrong, she is still beautiful and I'd take her in a New York minute.

So stay warm. You skinny people don't handle cold good.
how cold did it get last night? I thought the house would get much colder with just one little oil heater going, but no, it's seemed the same. I saw lost of frost on the ground and it didn't melt even when the sun came out, so I know it was cold, but I expected the house to be colder.
(12-30-2014, 03:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote: how cold did it get last night? I thought the house would get much colder with just one little oil heater going, but no, it's seemed the same. I saw lost of frost on the ground and it didn't melt even when the sun came out, so I know it was cold, but I expected the house to be colder.

It didn't get below 32 until later in the evening. I'll bet you'll feel the cold tonight.
(12-30-2014, 03:57 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 03:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote: how cold did it get last night? I thought the house would get much colder with just one little oil heater going, but no, it's seemed the same. I saw lost of frost on the ground and it didn't melt even when the sun came out, so I know it was cold, but I expected the house to be colder.

It didn't get below 32 until later in the evening. I'll bet you'll feel the cold tonight.

Yes if it's 18 degrees like forcast. If it only got to to 32 last night that would explain it.
(12-30-2014, 04:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yes if it's 18 degrees like forcast. If it only got to to 32 last night that would explain it.

I didn't say it only got to 32 last night, I said it didn't get really cold until later in the evening.
(12-30-2014, 04:42 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 04:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I didn't say it only got to 32 last night, I said it didn't get really cold until later in the evening.

Sorry. I guess that wasn't clear. Definitely feeling nippier right now.
Ha!
This ain't nothin'.
Back in '49 (1800) when I was mining in Alaska we would have called this spring.

Yesterday I took my 30.06 and sat in a lawn chain in my shorts and tank top and shot little birds and chipmunks. ( I eat 'em)

It ain't cold until you see a brass monkey without a pair.

And only wimps wrap their water pipes. Real men jus let 'em freeze and connect to the neighbors water with a garden hose.

And if I can change the subject: My old lady got a bug up her butt and is packing to leave me. For the life of me I can't figure our why she is upset. She may have got overheated last summer doing yard work. Or it may have been I just pampered her too much over the years. I dunno...maybe I should have let her learn to drive the truck and given her a Sears card.

Oh well. Lots of fish in the ocean. Not a lot of women, but lots of fish. Wink
It was 15 at my placeConfused
(12-31-2014, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: It was 15 at my placeConfused

Sounds like the beginning of a C&W Song.

"It was 15 degrees at my place the night she left me, and only half as cold as that women could be..."
"It was 15 degrees at my place the night she left me

and only half as cold as that women could be

So I hoped in my truck, fired it up

Then drove all the way to Kentucky
(12-31-2014, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: "It was 15 degrees at my place the night she left me

You don't understand.
This woman is COLD!
SHE would have taken the truck.

So...
It was 15 degrees at my place the night she left me
and only half as cold as that woman could be
She fired up my truck and shouted "Im Free!"
and left gravel flying all over the yard
I watched from the window, drinking my last Bud,
And the storm clouds cleared, my jaw set hard
and I turned without waving, I felt the cold ....

Ah hell, if I could write C&W lyrics I'd be wearying a $500 hat and a belt buckle big enough to anchor a boat.
(12-31-2014, 08:50 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: "It was 15 degrees at my place the night she left me

You don't understand.
This woman is COLD!

So...

Ah hell, if I could write C&W lyrics I'd be wearying a $500 hat and a belt buckle big enough to anchor a boat.

Well you could at least wear a 10 dollar hat with a pot metal buckle make the lyrics rhymeRazz
(01-01-2015, 11:37 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 08:50 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You don't understand.
This woman is COLD!

So...

Well you could at least wear a 10 dollar hat with a pot metal buckle make the lyrics rhymeRazz

It takes talent to make the lyrics rhyme.
If I had talent I'd have that hat and belt buckle.