Poll: Which do you prefer for pain? (arthritis)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Naproxen
0%
0 0%
Ibuprofen
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Naproxen vs. Ibuprofen Poll
I don't take anything without Dr OK.
Aspirin-I take a 81mg. one once a day.
With kidney problems, everything is a risk.
Morphine works too. Smiling
OK I admit to not reading the thread so I'll admit I don't know either one. They sound like foreigners too so I'll probably just vote for Democrat.
Well, it's tough to toget a break out there on the pain front.  I'm on the last day of my cobra insurance. I had knee X rays done. I'm just in too much pain. I can stand or walk for very long these days, which has pretty much made me unemployable in my skill set. The doctor said the Xrays show the arthritis damage in my knee is something you'd expect to see in someone ten years older than I am. My mother was crippled at my age with Arthritis.  Pain med from the doc?  Prescription Aleve. It isn't really any different from taking two extra strength Aleves OTC in terms of pain relief. But no contraindications from doctor or pharmacist about taking with Tylenol.
Bummer. Maybe you can become a scooter mama like that Brookings lady.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cJTRCtwf_X0
Or you can dunk in the pool, like these arthritic otters!
Smiling
(04-29-2019, 09:39 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, it's tough to toget a break out there on the pain front.  I'm on the last day of my cobra insurance. I had knee X rays done. I'm just in too much pain. I can stand or walk for very long these days, which has pretty much made me unemployable in my skill set. The doctor said the Xrays show the arthritis damage in my knee is something you'd expect to see in someone ten years older than I am. My mother was crippled at my age with Arthritis.  Pain med from the doc?  Prescription Aleve. It isn't really any different from taking two extra strength Aleves OTC in terms of pain relief. But no contraindications from doctor or pharmacist about taking with Tylenol.
Admittedly, I know nothing about the differences in arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis... my husband has the latter. The doctor has had him on sulfasalazine for about 2 or 3 years now. It really seems to help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-29-2019, 09:39 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, it's tough to toget a break out there on the pain front.  I'm on the last day of my cobra insurance. I had knee X rays done. I'm just in too much pain. I can stand or walk for very long these days, which has pretty much made me unemployable in my skill set. The doctor said the Xrays show the arthritis damage in my knee is something you'd expect to see in someone ten years older than I am. My mother was crippled at my age with Arthritis.  Pain med from the doc?  Prescription Aleve. It isn't really any different from taking two extra strength Aleves OTC in terms of pain relief. But no contraindications from doctor or pharmacist about taking with Tylenol.

My sympathies though I know it doesn't help. Pain management is an area that medical professionals seem to be utterly lacking in. If a Tylenol doesn't work they seem to be helpless.

I've managed to get my back pain to a point that I can live with but only on my own efforts. No thanks to the doctors. Their one and only recommendation was surgical which is a crap shoot at best for my issues. Unfortunately I don't think any of my methods would be of any real help to your pain, being from a different cause.

My wife had what basically was a knee replacement. Is that what you need?
(04-30-2019, 09:01 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

My sympathies though I know it doesn't help. Pain management is an area that medical professionals seem to be utterly lacking in. If a Tylenol doesn't work they seem to be helpless.

I've managed to get my back pain to a point that I can live with but only on my own efforts. No thanks to the doctors. Their one and only recommendation was surgical which is a crap shoot at best for my issues. Unfortunately I don't think any of my methods would be of any real help to your pain, being from a different cause.

Pain management is an area that medical professionals seem to be utterly lacking in.

I guess you mean aside from prescribing some good dope?
(04-30-2019, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Pain management is an area that medical professionals seem to be utterly lacking in.

No, they don't seem capable of doing that anymore. The stuff they were proscribing for my back pain was useless. And when I told them it was not working they just proscribed more of the same. I would just throw the scrip away.
(04-30-2019, 01:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

No, they don't seem capable of doing that anymore. The stuff they were proscribing for my back pain was useless. And when I told them it was not working they just proscribed more of the same. I would just throw the scrip away.
They are under a lot of pressure to not let anyone have the good stuff.

they don't offer it. It's not an option these days.
(04-30-2019, 12:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes.
(04-30-2019, 08:14 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
Admittedly, I know nothing about the differences in arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis... my husband has the latter. The doctor has had him on sulfasalazine for about 2 or 3 years now. It really seems to help.

It's osteo, not rheumatoid.
(04-30-2019, 12:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:

My younger brother is having his other knee replaced in a couple of weeks. His other knee was done a few years ago and went so smooth.

Have you tried acupuncture?

(04-30-2019, 08:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Yes. I go periodically for the back pain and other things.
(04-30-2019, 08:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Did you read the part that I was on my last day of Cobra insurance?  I resigned my last job. It was soul sucking and they wouldn't make accomodations for me and it was hurting me. They wanted me to do things I can't do anymore. That was in February. I paid for two months of Cobra insurance, (not cheap) and it's done now, meaning I'm uninsured.
You’re eligible for OHP now.
Well that's interesting timing regarding Osteoporosis, I had just read this article this morning while enjoying my cup of coffee....maybe you will find it helpful.

https://www.rd.com/health/conditions/ost...s-problem/
(05-01-2019, 05:49 AM)bbqboy Wrote: You’re eligible for OHP now.

The wheels seem to be turning slowly.