Poll: Which do you prefer for pain? (arthritis)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Naproxen
0%
0 0%
Ibuprofen
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Naproxen vs. Ibuprofen Poll
(05-01-2019, 07:25 AM)GPnative Wrote: Well that's interesting timing regarding Osteoporosis, I had just read this article this morning while enjoying my cup of coffee....maybe you will find it helpful.

https://www.rd.com/health/conditions/ost...s-problem/

I'm in a funny place with the exercise. IF I exercise, I experience less pain and feel stronger.  But IF I exercise, I invariably seem to stir up and aggravate the bone spurs in my knees and they lock and I can't walk. it's kind of a weird double-edged sword. Even low impact stuff like just cycling at the gym.  It's really been a downward spiral in just the last couple of months. I need to figure out how to get the knee replacement and still have something to live on while I'm down. So, essentially, I've become a semi-invalid, walking around like I'm on broken glass and not exerting myself because I'm terrified I'll get stuck somewhere.
(05-01-2019, 02:45 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 05:49 AM)bbqboy Wrote: You’re eligible for OHP now.

The wheels seem to be turning slowly.

After errors, delays, several hours long phone calls, it took about 5 months to get our kids covered. I learned a lot along the way. Using the website to apply was the first mistake.
(05-01-2019, 06:57 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 02:45 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 05:49 AM)bbqboy Wrote: You’re eligible for OHP now.

The wheels seem to be turning slowly.

After errors, delays, several hours long phone calls, it took about 5 months to get our kids covered. I learned a lot along the way. Using the website to apply was the first mistake.

Yeah? I didn't do that...I went through an agent but it just kicked over to medicare and I'm waiting on that.
(05-01-2019, 02:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 07:25 AM)GPnative Wrote: Well that's interesting timing regarding Osteoporosis, I had just read this article this morning while enjoying my cup of coffee....maybe you will find it helpful.

I'm in a funny place with the exercise. IF I exercise, I experience less pain and feel stronger.  But IF I exercise, I invariably seem to stir up and aggravate the bone spurs in my knees and they lock and I can't walk. it's kind of a weird double-edged sword. Even low impact stuff like just cycling at the gym.  It's really been a downward spiral in just the last couple of months. I need to figure out how to get the knee replacement and still have something to live on while I'm down. So, essentially, I've become a semi-invalid, walking around like I'm on broken glass and not exerting myself because I'm terrified I'll get stuck somewhere.
My wife was in intense pain from her knee replacement for a LONG time. She actually scheduled her surgery so that she would be healed up and good to go to take care of me after my surgery.
Well I went in and had a gall bladder removed and a few inches of my colon. If you don't know the go in from your stomach area. The cut you open and them make other cuts so they can pull all of your guts out of the way.
Anyway my wife said they cut me up like a pirate LOL.
So guess who took care of who? My wife was still doped up and bed ridden for weeks. I stopped taking any pain killers before I left the hospital.
Anyway if you get a knee replacement they BETTER give you some good drugs.
(05-01-2019, 10:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

My wife was in intense pain from her knee replacement for a LONG time. She actually scheduled her surgery so that she would be healed up and good to go to take care of me after my surgery.
Well I went in and had a gall bladder removed and a few inches of my colon. If you don't know the go in from your stomach area. The cut you open and them make other cuts so they can pull all of your guts out of the way.
So guess who took care of who? My wife was still doped up and bed ridden for weeks. I stopped taking any pain killers before I left the hospital.
Did your wife do the recommended rehab? Exercises? My brother said that it is so much better If you're diligent about that. He ended up doing 5 and 10K's after his.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Back to pain, they won’t issue opioids unless there’s a cancer diagnosis, and in my case, taken away anyway.
Which sucks, because most of my days are spent trying not to hurt rather than doing anything productive or fun.
Damn addicts!
(05-02-2019, 08:29 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Did your wife do the recommended rehab? Exercises? My brother said that it is so much better If you're diligent about that. He ended up doing 5 and 10K's after his.

She's in one of those catch 22 positions. She has a bad heart, bad allergies , her other knee is not that great and she has a lot of joint pain from arthritis.. So she can't really do much exercise kind of like Juniper is saying.
It was just a long process before she could even walk more than a few feet.
(05-02-2019, 09:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Back to pain, they won’t issue opioids unless there’s a cancer diagnosis, and in my case, taken away anyway.
Which sucks, because most of my days are spent trying not to hurt rather than doing anything productive or fun.
Damn addicts!

Yep. I was told I could get a medical Marijuana card from one oncologist so we went through the process and new oncologist denied it saying that I was no longer in pain. But said I could get Marisol. It was mostly true. I didn't even take the tramadol they gave me.
 Except I didn't really want that shit and my insurance would not pay for it anyway. It was damn comical how careful they were about making sure I couldn't get the devil's weed.
Instead of aspirin, try pesto-bismull. It converts to the same thing aspirin does in the body.
(05-02-2019, 05:21 PM)chuck white Wrote: Instead of aspirin, try pesto-bismull. It converts to the same thing aspirin does in the body.
Do you have a recipe for that?

LOL

(05-02-2019, 11:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:29 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

She's in one of those catch 22 positions. She has a bad heart, bad allergies , her other knee is not that great and she has a lot of joint pain from arthritis.. So she can't really do much exercise kind of like Juniper is saying.
It was just a long process before she could even walk more than a few feet.

I saw something about using traction for knees with ankle weights. It decompresses the joints. Has she tried that?  I tried it once and it seemed to  help. I just got a cortizone shot which really helped....for now...but now I feel like shit. Really bad. Weak, sick, headachey...now supposedly, there's no side effects from  cortizone injections,  but I rarely get headaches...so I kind of wonder. It could be something else, completely unrelated.  Also, even though everyone gets these knee replacements, they don't seem to be the end all cure. I see people who have had thgem and they admit it helps, but they also seem to be struggling anyway.  Does your wife struggle with fatigue that seems to be related to the pain? Because it's strange how they seem to be related.
(05-02-2019, 06:41 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 05:21 PM)chuck white Wrote: Instead of aspirin, try pesto-bismull.   It converts to the same thing aspirin does in the body.

LOL

Quote:The primary mode of action of bismuth subsalicylate, the active ingredient of Pepto-Bismol, is as an antimicrobial agent. Bismuth subsalicylate disassociates in gastric acid to form bismuth salts, such as bismuth oxychloride. In addition to antimicrobial properties bismuth subsalicylate has anti-secretory properties and a potential for toxin adsorption. Salicylic acid is released as a byproduct of the reaction and is nearly completely absorbed. Chewing a total of eight Pepto-Bismol tablets/day is equivalent to taking 3–4 adult aspirin
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neu...pto-bismol
(05-03-2019, 06:14 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 05:21 PM)chuck white Wrote: Instead of aspirin, try pesto-bismull.   It converts to the same thing aspirin does in the body.

LOL

Quote:The primary mode of action of bismuth subsalicylate, the active ingredient of Pepto-Bismol, is as an antimicrobial agent. Bismuth subsalicylate disassociates in gastric acid to form bismuth salts, such as bismuth oxychloride. In addition to antimicrobial properties bismuth subsalicylate has anti-secretory properties and a potential for toxin adsorption. Salicylic acid is released as a byproduct of the reaction and is nearly completely absorbed. Chewing a total of eight Pepto-Bismol tablets/day is equivalent to taking 3–4 adult aspirin
But. That's not what you posted. I want the recipe for your "pesto-bismull".

Get an upset stomach and the cure all in one plate of pasta!
(05-03-2019, 07:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 06:14 AM)chuck white Wrote:

LOL

But. That's not what you posted. I want the recipe for your "pesto-bismull".

LOL, that is not something I have to spell very often...

I guess you would start with basil.. Big Grin

LOL

OK but why? Aspirin in a hell of a lot cheaper? Those tablets cost 20 cents each.

LOL

Aww, why bother, just chew your asprin, ala Jack Torreson.  REDUM!   Big Grin Big Grin
(05-03-2019, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

LOL

OK but why? Aspirin in a hell of a lot cheaper? Those tablets cost 20 cents each.

Because you get the benefit of the bismuth. Which as been shown to stop colon cancer from returning. (may even stop it in the first place)
Of course, you won't hear about this from 'Big Pharm', they can't patent bismuth.
(05-03-2019, 05:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

LOL

Because you get the benefit of the bismuth. Which as been shown to stop colon cancer from returning. (may even stop it in the first place)
Of course, you won't hear about this from 'Big Pharm', they can't patent bismuth.

Which as been shown to stop colon cancer from returning. (may even stop it in the first place)

"Which has been shown"? By whom? Some crackpot on Youtube or Facebook? Every time I hear  the term "Big Pharma" it's followed by some kind of bull shit.

So does Big Pharma include the one million doctors who apparently must be keeping this big secret about bismuth?
Quote:A number of recent publications from Henan University, Kaifeng, China contribute to the story in relation to bismuth thisosemicarbazone or thiocarbonohydrazone complexes as anti-cancer agents [19,91,92,93,94]. As previously mentioned, in relation to the development of Bi-based anti-bacterial agents

https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/19/9/1525...s-19-15258

Quote:Exposure of Y. enterocolitica 808lc to Pepto-Bismol for as brief a time as 5 min was sufficient to produce the inhibitory effect. Removal of bismuth bound to bacteria by sodium potassium tartrate did not reverse the inhibition. Electron-dense deposits are observed in Y. enterocolitica 808lc exposed to bismuth subsalicylate, suggesting that interference of invasion may result from bismuth permeation of the bacterial cell wall.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00202053