Father of the Year
Any disagreement?

You are a fucking idiot. Is that disagreement enough?
(03-30-2015, 07:29 PM)Snail Wrote: You are a fucking idiot. Is that disagreement enough?

Hmmmm. Could you be more specific?
(03-30-2015, 07:47 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 07:29 PM)Snail Wrote: You are a fucking idiot. Is that disagreement enough?

Hmmmm. Could you be more specific?

FATHER OF THE YEAR? Really?
I remember seeing that many years ago.

OK I looked it up. It happened in 1984.

The good part other than the asshole is dead...The father got probation.Big Grin

Although Plauche shot and killed Doucet, he was given five years probation for the shooting and received no jail time.
(03-30-2015, 08:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: I remember seeing that many years ago.

The good part other than the asshole is dead...The father got probation.Big Grin

Although Plauche shot and killed Doucet, he was given five years probation for the shooting and received no jail time.

Is he your vote for Father Of The Year too, or do you just get that the court felt the extenuating circumstances of the murder did not warrant prison for the father?
(03-30-2015, 09:14 PM)Snail Wrote:

Is he your vote for Father Of The Year too, or do you just get that the court felt the extenuating circumstances of the murder did not warrant prison for the father?

Do you have any children?
(03-31-2015, 05:24 AM)Hugo Wrote:

I have raised 4 children, three girls and a boy. While I sort of understand the sentiment of the father, there is no way in hell I would call him father of the year.
He just taught his son that no, in his America, one is not innocent until proven guilty and that taking the law into one's own hands by killing another is acceptable.

Now, besides living with the trauma of being kidnapped, he will live with the stigma of his dad being a murderer and ignoring much of what is said to make America special.

I understand you and a couple of others here post this sensational shit to get a reaction but come on, really, "father of the year" for murder??? If you really believe that, you are more screwed up than what shows on surface, in my opinion. And, I hope if you really believe that, you don't have children.
Regardless of the circumstances... He got away with premeditated murder.
A Viking would have ripped off his nut sack before shooting him.
(03-31-2015, 08:33 AM)gapper Wrote:

I have raised 4 children, three girls and a boy. While I sort of understand the sentiment of the father, there is no way in hell I would call him father of the year.
He just taught his son that no, in his America, one is not innocent until proven guilty and that taking the law into one's own hands by killing another is acceptable.

Now, besides living with the trauma of being kidnapped, he will live with the stigma of his dad being a murderer and ignoring much of what is said to make America special.

I understand you and a couple of others here post this sensational shit to get a reaction but come on, really, "father of the year" for murder??? If you really believe that, you are more screwed up than what shows on surface, in my opinion. And, I hope if you really believe that, you don't have children.

Are you Snail? And yes, I too raised 4 children of my own, and helped with a couple of others. All hard working good citizens and a burden to no one. One girl, three boys. And it wasn't just the trauma of being kidnapped, the boy was sexually assaulted. Now perhaps you would have been ok with that with your son, but I find myself on the side of the father in this story.
(03-31-2015, 09:26 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Are you Snail?

Are you stupid?
If you want a private conversation on a public forum, take it to Private Message.
Is there a category for "Stupid Father of the Year", I wonder???

No I don't think he's a father of the year. That doesn't mean I think ill of the man or find any fault because I haven't had to walk in his shoes.
I can't actually say that I would or wouldn't have done the same thing.
I doubt I would have killed the perp because that wouldn't be fair to my wife, the child that was molested or my other kids to take myself from their lives and go to prison.
(03-31-2015, 08:42 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Regardless of the circumstances... He got away with premeditated murder.

No he didn't. He got five years probation and a suspended sentence.

Seems like an appropriate sentence to me.
(03-31-2015, 09:28 AM)gapper Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 09:26 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 09:14 PM)Snail Wrote: Is he your vote for Father Of The Year too, or do you just get that the court felt the extenuating circumstances of the murder did not warrant prison for the father?

Are you Snail?

Are you stupid?
If you want a private conversation on a public forum, take it to Private Message.
Is there a category for "Stupid Father of the Year", I wonder???

See Revised Above.
(03-31-2015, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote: ..The good part other than the asshole is dead...
------------------------------------

No I don't think he's a father of the year. That doesn't mean I think ill of the man or find any fault because I haven't had to walk in his shoes.

So, by means of simple logic and the desire for consistency, one could logically conclude that you have walked in the shoes of the alleged kidnapper, aka "asshole", aka dead man?

Interesting revelation.

You don't know what his son allegedly learned or what his father told his son regarding what he did.
I doubt the innocent until proven guilty aspect is much of an issue in this case as the kidnapper was caught red handed and had been molesting the boy for more than a year prior to the sexual assault and the kidnapping.
(03-31-2015, 10:00 AM)tvguy Wrote:

You don't know what his son allegedly learned or what his father told his son regarding what he did.
I doubt the innocent until proven guilty aspect is much of an issue in this case as the kidnapper was caught red handed and had been molesting the boy for more than a year prior to the sexual assault and the kidnapping.
Perhaps you have more information than was provided in the video on this thread. Based on the information that was shared here, none of what you say is revealed, that I heard or saw.
And, understanding that Hugo just post this crap for the shock value, I spent no time digging for more info. What I heard was that "it was reported..." that the man had sexually assaulted the boy.
Hell, lots of lies are "reported" everyday.

And, regardless, in the country you so staunchly defend, we are supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty. The alleged perp. was denied this basic human right, was he not? (again, based on the information provided for us to judge from.)
(03-31-2015, 09:57 AM)gapper Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote: ..The good part other than the asshole is dead...

So, by means of simple logic and the desire for consistency, one could logically conclude that you have walked in the shoes of the alleged kidnapper, aka "asshole", aka dead man?

Interesting revelation.

You shouldn't use the term logic. The fact that you decided to say "alleged kidnapper" and not even mention that he was a sexual predator, child molester shows a total lack of logic.

What I meant and it should have been clear is I don't know what is in the mind of Plauche when he killed Doucet.
The shoes I have walked in are the shoes of a father. And like I tried to explain ,I can't sit here and tell you I would not have done the same thing.
(03-31-2015, 10:11 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 09:57 AM)gapper Wrote:

Interesting revelation.

You shouldn't use the term logic. The fact that you decided to say "alleged kidnapper" and not even mention that he was a sexual predator, child molester shows a total lack of logic.
Where does it tell us that he was guilty of any of the things you list above?
At this point, from what I know from the info provided, those are accusations, not proven facts.
So, logically speaking, that is all nothing but rumor at this point in time.

Make no mistake, I am not defending the ALLEGED kidnapper, sexual predator or child molestor. I am defending the rule of law, which was denied. Yet, some would call the act of murder and the ignoring of the rule of law, an act worthy of naming a man "father of the year". Talk about lack of logic!