Baseball
I am and always will be an American League guy. Much more entertaining.
(05-01-2015, 08:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I am and always will be an American League guy. Much more entertaining.

And millions agree with you. No doubt the DH provides more offense and fans love to see hitting. Those of us who enjoy the NL game enjoy the strategy forced when pitching changes are necessary in hopes of scoring runners. Perhaps fewer runs, but more potential drama. 

And tonight in San Francisco, the Angles (America League team) will play without the DH. It will still be baseball, just a bit different and when the Giants play in an America League city they will use a DH. This is not really a problem, and so doesn't need a solution. I (for one) hope MLB just leaves the thing alone. 

PS: And playing in the tonight's game (Giant's/Angels) will be Mike Trout, maybe the best young ball player since....well in a very long time. Channel 821 for those of you will Charter. 
(04-30-2015, 08:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 06:03 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 07:12 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I'd be curious to know why you feel that way. 

Because it makes no sense for a sport to be played two different ways. Is there any other sport where half of the USA plays one way and the other half plays another way?

You logic seeped out. Of course a sport can be played two different ways. The AL adopted the DH in 1973. Seems long enough to prove the point. 

For one thing you didn't answer my question. For another...your words..... The game is very different when played with a DH and different in a negative way in my view.

So according to you half of all the baseball games since 1973 have been in a "negative way" and you say Of course a sport can be played two different ways.

I didn't say it couldn't be. I said I think it would be better for both leagues to play by the same rules. You are the one claiming half of the sport is being played in a negative way. Not me.

Time and space prevent me from a full and lengthy explanation of why I hold the view I do. 

And example: In the NL, the pitcher doing well might have to be removed for a pinch hitter when there are men in scoring position late in the game with that pitchers team down a run or two. The odds are much better that a position player pitch hitting will drive in a run (or runs). So, a pitcher who has been performing well is removed from the game in hopes that runs will be scored. 
When there is a DH hitting for the pitcher this interesting and tactical problem never comes up. The manager has a much simpler job of making decisions about how he runs the game. The manager is concerned ONLY about the performance of the pitcher, not the game situation.

There are other examples: I won't bother. 

Yes , you needn't bother.I'm not interested hearing in why one way to play the game is better than the other.
I'm simply saying that it seems logical to me that both leagues should play by the same rules.
Like almost every other sport I can think of.
(05-01-2015, 09:46 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 06:03 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Because it makes no sense for a sport to be played two different ways. Is there any other sport where half of the USA plays one way and the other half plays another way?

You logic seeped out. Of course a sport can be played two different ways. The AL adopted the DH in 1973. Seems long enough to prove the point. 

For one thing you didn't answer my question. For another...your words..... The game is very different when played with a DH and different in a negative way in my view.

So according to you half of all the baseball games since 1973 have been in a "negative way" and you say Of course a sport can be played two different ways.

I didn't say it couldn't be. I said I think it would be better for both leagues to play by the same rules. You are the one claiming half of the sport is being played in a negative way. Not me.

Time and space prevent me from a full and lengthy explanation of why I hold the view I do. 

And example: In the NL, the pitcher doing well might have to be removed for a pinch hitter when there are men in scoring position late in the game with that pitchers team down a run or two. The odds are much better that a position player pitch hitting will drive in a run (or runs). So, a pitcher who has been performing well is removed from the game in hopes that runs will be scored. 
When there is a DH hitting for the pitcher this interesting and tactical problem never comes up. The manager has a much simpler job of making decisions about how he runs the game. The manager is concerned ONLY about the performance of the pitcher, not the game situation.

Yes , you needn't bother.I'm not interested hearing in why one way to play the game is better than the other.
I'm simply saying that it seems logical to me that both leagues should play by the same rules.

And I repeat: There is no logic in your claim that it's illogical.  Big Grin
(05-01-2015, 09:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 06:03 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: You logic seeped out. Of course a sport can be played two different ways. The AL adopted the DH in 1973. Seems long enough to prove the point. 

OK then we'll just leave it your way. Half of the league is playing the game wrong, or in a "negative way. And yet it's not logical to have both leagues play by the same rules. Smiling
(05-01-2015, 10:03 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 09:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: For one thing you didn't answer my question. For another...your words..... The game is very different when played with a DH and different in a negative way in my view.

OK then we'll just leave it your way. Half of the league is playing the game wrong, or in a "negative way. And yet it's not logical to have both leagues play by the same rules. Smiling

My way, your way, whatever way, I agree: Let's just leave it. 
Happy baseball season! For my first game we have Tronto vs Kansas City tonight. I'm supporting KC because BBQ is from there and Tronto is not even in the US. 

Tomorrow Chicago will play New York. I'll support the looser Cubs because wouldn't it be great to see them win the World Series? 

I love baseball season cause it's just a few weeks long and every game is therefore more exciting. I can't wait till next year when the teams add the cheerleaders. 

Happy hitting...
(10-16-2015, 08:12 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Happy baseball season! For my first game we have Tronto vs Kansas City tonight. I'm supporting KC because BBQ is from there and Tronto is not even in the US. 

Tomorrow Chicago will play New York. I'll support the looser Cubs because wouldn't it be great to see them win the World Series? 

I love baseball season cause it's just a few weeks long and every game is therefore more exciting. I can't wait till next year when the teams add the cheerleaders. 

Happy hitting...

What are Giants baseball Cheerleaders all skinny ass Asian chicks?
(10-16-2015, 03:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 08:12 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Happy baseball season! For my first game we have Tronto vs Kansas City tonight. I'm supporting KC because BBQ is from there and Tronto is not even in the US. 

Happy hitting...

What are Giants baseball Cheerleaders all skinny ass Asian chicks?

Yomiuri Giants..... in Tokyo. Big Grin
(10-16-2015, 06:30 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Yomiuri Giants..... in Tokyo. Big Grin

Nope. 

https://www.giantsclub.com/eng/
(10-16-2015, 07:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 06:30 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Yomiuri Giants..... in Tokyo. Big Grin

Nope. 

https://www.giantsclub.com/eng/

Laughing   If anybody believes anything I'd have to say about baseball or any sports team then the jokes on them!  Razz
I caught the last inning and a half, what a game! We won BBQ!
Unscripted drama!
As the pitcher prepares to throw the fist pitch, we have no idea how the drama will unfold. Sometimes, it doesn't...a one-sided affair never in doubt. But most often, there is at least one moment when the outcome hinges on play that does provide the drama that makes the game so interesting. 
We are not required to to enjoy sport, and many feel they would rather watch paint dry than watch a baseball game. For some of us it's the perfect game, blended into our history and continues a tradition pasted down so we feel connected by it's sameness, even as little changes occur. 

The KC Royals and the Toronto Blue Jays are about to face off and it may very well be high drama. One will win, of course, and face the NY Mets in the "fall classic". It should be fun.

In a world of strife and conflict, baseball gives some of us a welcome respite. 

Play Ball!