Marijuana Management Meeting
http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...news03.txt

Quote:[Image: news03.jpg]

Assigned the task of writing the rules for growing and selling newly legalized marijuana, state Rep. Carl Wilson told a large crowd Thursday night in the pot capital of Oregon he was "getting an education about your world."

A crowd of about 150 people at the Williams Grange included the old and the young, those casually dressed and those in business suits. Wilson was there with two other lawmakers who sit on a committee to determine rules, as were growers with the Oregon SunGrown Growers' Guild of Williams.

Wilson opposed the legalization of marijuana, approved last fall by voters as Measure 91. He then sought and was granted a seat on the legislative committee charged with implementing the new law, which takes effect in July.

I know the photo is small, but notice who is sitting front and center. Blink
(01-24-2015, 10:10 AM)Scrapper Wrote: http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...news03.txt

Assigned the task of writing the rules for growing and selling newly legalized marijuana, state Rep. Carl Wilson told a large crowd Thursday night in the pot capital of Oregon he was "getting an education about your world."

A crowd of about 150 people at the Williams Grange included the old and the young, those casually dressed and those in business suits. Wilson was there with two other lawmakers who sit on a committee to determine rules, as were growers with the Oregon SunGrown Growers' Guild of Williams.

Wilson opposed the legalization of marijuana, approved last fall by voters as Measure 91. He then sought and was granted a seat on the legislative committee charged with implementing the new law, which takes effect in July.

You got that right! The image is SMALL.
I can barely see the front and center let alone who is sitting there.
Want to give us a hint?
(01-24-2015, 10:49 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 10:10 AM)Scrapper Wrote: http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...news03.txt

Want to give us a hint?

Keep awy from detective work WonkyRazz
I can't see either but it has to be Mark Seligman.
(01-24-2015, 01:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Want to give us a hint?

Oh! Mark Seligman. Oh sure; the drummer for The Grateful Dead! How silly of me that I wouldn't know who Mark Seligman is.
Or the Grateful Dead drummer(s)
(01-25-2015, 10:17 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Want to give us a hint?

Oh! Mark Seligman. Oh sure; the drummer for The Grateful Dead! How silly of me that I wouldn't know who Mark Seligman is.

He is an avid pro marijuana advocate in Joco who has ran for county commissioner. He has posted here a million times and has been mocked by some here a million times also. Usually because he deserved it.
He has a distinctive writing style you can't miss. Poor grammar and lousy punctuation that he seems proud of. The guy won't even capitalize a letter.
He's a Joco joke and he's the only one who isn't in on it.
(01-25-2015, 10:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Want to give us a hint?

He is an avid pro marijuana advocate in Joco who has ran for county commissioner. He has posted here a million times and has been mocked by some here a million times also. Usually because he deserved it.
He has a distinctive writing style you can't miss. Poor grammar and lousy punctuation that he seems proud of. The guy won't even capitalize a letter.

So glad to know that. Not really, but whatever.

The Topic here might be serious. When smoking a joint we can take puff, wait for the a bit and see what the effects are and then decide if more is wanted. So we can monitor our "high".
Of course when one eats the stuff in some kind of food the amount it built in. Unless of course one nibbles at a cookie one crumb at a time. Doubtful because unlike smoke that enters the lungs and takes effect quickly, pot eaten has to be digested and takes a while longer to enter the blood stream. Bored of waiting, young folks may be tempted to simply eat more too soon.

Most experienced users know this of course, but young folks can be unaware and eat far too much of the food that contain pot with the high TCH content grown these days. Too is too much of a good thing can kick young folks into serious problems with "things that go bump in the night" and mess with reality to the point that it requires emergency room care.

I don't like over-regulation, but think that somehow this is going to have to be controlled somehow to help prevent what is already a problem.

We've had a somewhat similar problem with young people "binge drinking" and ending up with alcohol poisoning that has killed some young folks.

There is no substitute for good parenting and preparing kids for entering those years of learning adult behavior. Now, if we could only count of more good parenting....Sad
(01-25-2015, 12:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 10:49 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: You got that right! The image is SMALL.
Want to give us a hint?

The Topic here might be serious. When smoking a joint we can take puff, wait for the a bit and see what the effects are and then decide if more is wanted. So we can monitor our "high".
Of course when one eats the stuff in some kind of food the amount it built in. Unless of course one nibbles at a cookie one crumb at a time. Doubtful because unlike smoke that enters the lungs and takes effect quickly, pot eaten has to be digested and takes a while longer to enter the blood stream. Bored of waiting, young folks may be tempted to simply eat more too soon.

Most experienced users know this of course, but young folks can be unaware and eat far too much of the food that contain pot with the high TCH content grown these days. Too is too much of a good thing can kick young folks into serious problems with "things that go bump in the night" and mess with reality to the point that it requires emergency room care.

I don't like over-regulation, but think that somehow this is going to have to be controlled somehow to help prevent what is already a problem.

We've had a somewhat similar problem with young people "binge drinking" and ending up with alcohol poisoning that has killed some young folks.

There is no substitute for good parenting and preparing kids for entering those years of learning adult behavior. Now, if we could only count of more good parenting....Sad

Yes I agree with most of what you said. Eating MJ can be a serious problem for children or even adults who were unaware that they ingested MJ.

To me it will be about a matter of packaging the product and educating people to be aware of what can happen..

I don't agree with saying binge drinking is a similar problem.
I find this concerning...

Quote:Marijuana-related calls to poison-control centers in Washington and Colorado have spiked since the states began allowing legal sales last year, with an especially troubling increase in calls concerning young children.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2015...-colorado/

Quote:Calls to Poison Control Triple for Kids Eating Marijuana
http://www.mainstreet.com/article/calls-...-marijuana

Quote:Pot-related calls to poison control centers spike in Washington, Colorado after legal sales
http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2...n-colorado
(01-25-2015, 01:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I find this concerning...

Quote:Marijuana-related calls to poison-control centers in Washington and Colorado have spiked since the states began allowing legal sales last year, with an especially troubling increase in calls concerning young children.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2015...-colorado/

Quote:Calls to Poison Control Triple for Kids Eating Marijuana
http://www.mainstreet.com/article/calls-...-marijuana

Quote:Pot-related calls to poison control centers spike in Washington, Colorado after legal sales
http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2...n-colorado

Yes it's no joke, it's a genuine problem.
(01-25-2015, 01:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 01:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: Keep awy from detective work WonkyRazz

Yes I agree with most of what you said. Eating MJ can be a serious problem for children or even adults who were unaware that they ingested MJ.

To me it will be about a matter of packaging the product and educating people to be aware of what can happen..

From WIKI; (Google binge drinking)
The high levels of binge drinking among young people and the adverse consequences that include increased risk of alcoholism as an adult and liver disease make binge drinking a major public health issue.[2] Recent research has found that young college binge drinkers who drink 4/5+ drinks on more than 3 occasions in the past 2 weeks are statistically 19 times more likely to develop alcoholism than non-binge drinkers, though the direction of causality remains unclear.[24] This is particularly interesting as drinking for the sole purpose of getting drunk, remains a major health and social problem on college campuses across the United States.[25] Heavy and regular binge drinking during adolescence is associated with an increased risk of alcoholism. Approximately 40 percent of alcoholics report heavy drinking during adolescence.[26] Repeated episodes of excessive drinking, especially at an early age, are thought to cause a profound increase in the risk of developing an alcohol-related disorder (ICD-10, harmful use/dependence syndrome). Other risk factors that influence the development of alcohol abuse or alcoholism include social and genetic factors. Several researchers have found that starting drinking before the age of 15 is associated with a fourfold increased risk for developing alcoholism compared to people that delay drinking until age 20 or later. It has been estimated by some that if the age at which people started drinking could be delayed to age 20, there would be a 50 percent reduction in the number of cases of alcohol use disorder.[7] However, it is unclear whether this is a causal relationship, or a function of confounding familial (and other) factors associated with both age at first drink and propensity for alcoholism.[27]
(01-25-2015, 08:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 10:17 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Oh! Mark Seligman. Oh sure; the drummer for The Grateful Dead! How silly of me that I wouldn't know who Mark Seligman is.

The high levels of binge drinking among young people and the adverse consequences that include increased risk of alcoholism as an adult and liver disease make binge drinking a major public health issue.[2] Recent research has found that young college binge drinkers who drink 4/5+ drinks on more than 3 occasions in the past 2 weeks are statistically 19 times more likely to develop alcoholism than non-binge drinkers, though the direction of causality remains unclear.[24] This is particularly interesting as drinking for the sole purpose of getting drunk, remains a major health and social problem on college campuses across the United States.[25] Heavy and regular binge drinking during adolescence is associated with an increased risk of alcoholism. Approximately 40 percent of alcoholics report heavy drinking during adolescence.[26] Repeated episodes of excessive drinking, especially at an early age, are thought to cause a profound increase in the risk of developing an alcohol-related disorder (ICD-10, harmful use/dependence syndrome). Other risk factors that influence the development of alcohol abuse or alcoholism include social and genetic factors. Several researchers have found that starting drinking before the age of 15 is associated with a fourfold increased risk for developing alcoholism compared to people that delay drinking until age 20 or later. It has been estimated by some that if the age at which people started drinking could be delayed to age 20, there would be a 50 percent reduction in the number of cases of alcohol use disorder.[7] However, it is unclear whether this is a causal relationship, or a function of confounding familial (and other) factors associated with both age at first drink and propensity for alcoholism.[27]

You don't think I knew what binge drinking is?

Show me a case where binge MJ eating OR smoking will develop an addiction or where it ruins your liver.

Most of what you posted shows the affects of binge drinking that happens years and years later.

Most of the problems with edible MJ are from children and I doubt the adults who ate too much or who didn't know what they were eating would become addicted years later.
Also alcohol will kill you if you drink too much too fast. People die every day from alcohol poising resulting from binge drinking.
People aren't dieing from too much pot.
(01-26-2015, 11:34 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 08:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-25-2015, 10:59 AM)tvguy Wrote: He is an avid pro marijuana advocate in Joco who has ran for county commissioner. He has posted here a million times and has been mocked by some here a million times also. Usually because he deserved it.

You don't think I knew what binge drinking is?

Show me a case where binge MJ eating OR smoking will develop an addiction or where it ruins your liver.

Most of what you posted shows the affects of binge drinking that happens years and years later.

Most of the problems with edible MJ are from children and I doubt the adults who ate too much or who didn't know what they were eating would become addicted years later.
Also alcohol will kill you if you drink too much too fast. People die every day from alcohol poising resulting from binge drinking.

Okay.
(01-26-2015, 11:34 AM)tvguy Wrote: .......

There was a day, that we were dieing from not enough pot.
Quote:He is an avid pro marijuana advocate in Joco who has ran for county commissioner. He has posted here a million times and has been mocked by some here a million times also. Usually because he deserved it.

Sounds like you are describing BBQBOY.
A comment from you concerning education and smarts is quite amusing.
(04-10-2015, 10:50 AM)ShawnBaker Wrote: Image looks small.

Um, OK Smiling

You need a bigger monitor
(04-10-2015, 05:13 PM)chuck white Wrote:

You need a bigger monitor

Like this?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(04-15-2015, 12:42 PM)ShawnBaker Wrote: Seriously...Not good image.

What are you saying?