Josephine County Master Gardener Plant Sale
I am going over the fairgrounds today to get some heirloom tomato plants. I am looking for some Cherokee purple and red varieties and some Russian blacks and purples. The Paul Robeson and Sara Black types are supposed to be great tasting tomatoes. See you there.   Smiling
I always liked that event. The best stuff goes quickly!
(04-25-2015, 12:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I always liked that event. The best stuff goes quickly!

Yep, the morning shoppers get the best, that is unless someone has too many plants, then we all get the best. I got 4 heirloom tomatoes from that sale then I went to Diamond Home Improvement and found a better selection of heirloom tomatoes. 

Hey Valuesize, I got some Chinese broccoli and Yard Long Beans that I will plant soon. These seeds are from Evergreen Seed Company. Many of the seeds they sell are from Taiwan. They are resistant to warm weather, so I plan to harvest them in late summer. I sell some veggies to a couple restaurants here. I plan to take some to Seattle to give to my newest favorite Chinese resaurant people. Portland is on the way ya know.  Smiling
(04-25-2015, 04:26 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 12:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I always liked that event. The best stuff goes quickly!

Yep, the morning shoppers get the best, that is unless someone has too many plants, then we all get the best. I got 4 heirloom tomatoes from that sale then I went to Diamond Home Improvement and found a better selection of heirloom tomatoes. 

Hey Valuesize, I got some Chinese broccoli and Yard Long Beans that I will plant soon. These seeds are from Evergreen Seed Company. Many of the seeds they sell are from Taiwan. They are resistant to warm weather, so I plan to harvest them in late summer. I sell some veggies to a couple restaurants here. I plan to take some to Seattle to give to my newest favorite Chinese resaurant people. Portland is on the way ya know.  Smiling

You drive all the way to Seattle?
(04-25-2015, 05:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Not to deliver veggies, but I go there to visit family, so why not take some Asian veggies and get free lunch. 
(04-25-2015, 06:01 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 05:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Not to deliver veggies, but I go there to visit family, so why not take some Asian veggies and get free lunch. 

I understand that part. The thought of driving, what eight hours? is not appealing to me.
How did a tomato come to be called Paul Roebson?
Better red than dead?