Stay Safe Blondemom
Hope your hubby is not on the road. I don't know how you all like living down there.  Unsure
Tornado tourism.

[Image: 1297428684667_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x]
It was crazy last night. I was at work when it first started. I work at a bank so we have rules about closing early and we couldn't but when the sirens started going off we were given the ok. Driving home there were flooded streets and tornadoes were in the area (none too close to my house this house time). Now they are saying Saturday will be worse than it was yesterday.
(05-07-2015, 04:24 AM)blondemom Wrote: It was crazy last night.  I was at work when it first started.  I work at a bank so we have rules about closing early and we couldn't but when the sirens started going off we were given the ok.  Driving home there were flooded streets and tornadoes were in the area (none too close to my house this house time).  Now they are saying Saturday will be worse than it was yesterday.

I think there might be something very wrong about the "we can't close until the siren goes off" policy.

It's like saying you can't jump out of the way of a speeding car until it almost hits you. Wouldn't different employees need different amounts of time to get home or somewhere safe?
No wonder Dillinger hated banks. Razz
(05-07-2015, 04:24 AM)blondemom Wrote: It was crazy last night.  I was at work when it first started.  I work at a bank so we have rules about closing early and we couldn't but when the sirens started going off we were given the ok.  Driving home there were flooded streets and tornadoes were in the area (none too close to my house this house time).  Now they are saying Saturday will be worse than it was yesterday.

I think there might be something very wrong about the "we can't close until the siren goes off" policy.

It's like saying you can't jump out of the way of a speeding car until it almost hits you. Wouldn't different employees need different amounts of time to get home or somewhere safe?
(05-07-2015, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

We were supposed to be open till 6 but no one was coming in, and at 5:30ish I called my manager and told him what was going on, we had the radio on, and the apps for the phone and I was watching the radar on my phone.  That is when the sirens started going off.  Well he said we could start putting the things away.  We stayed in the vault room until the other girls boyfriend showed up.  (she lives in the town that had the tornado touch down in it during this time).   we left I hung out under the under hand until the hail stopped.  Then I headed home (It was around 6) but the flooding was nuts.  intersections that were flooded I didn't even try to go through I drive through parking lots.  Now today I was questioned by another manager about why we weren't running transaction.  And they thought we were gone which isn't exactly true.  But you know this is nuts I don't need the job that bad, I just passed my real estate test and I can do that full time very easy I was putting off working full time in that because I am scared that I will not make the money I want.  But my life is worth a hell of alot more than what I get paid.
(05-07-2015, 02:33 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

We were supposed to be open till 6 but no one was coming in, and at 5:30ish I called my manager and told him what was going on, we had the radio on, and the apps for the phone and I was watching the radar on my phone.  That is when the sirens started going off.  Well he said we could start putting the things away.  We stayed in the vault room until the other girls boyfriend showed up.  (she lives in the town that had the tornado touch down in it during this time).   we left I hung out under the under hand until the hail stopped.  Then I headed home (It was around 6) but the flooding was nuts.  intersections that were flooded I didn't even try to go through I drive through parking lots.  Now today I was questioned by another manager about why we weren't running transaction.  And they thought we were gone which isn't exactly true.  But you know this is nuts I don't need the job that bad, I just passed my real estate test and I can do that full time very easy I was putting off working full time in that because I am scared that I will not make the money I want.  But my life is worth a hell of alot more than what I get paid.
Today we had a long talk over what happened and to be honest there was film pulled and they found out we were there much longer than they thought. Well we told them we understand the rules and all, but really what we were to do. I also told them my life is worth a lot more. And to be honest I thought of that song.

Better get back in the garage!
Today is supposed to be bad. And I have to work again. Yesterday we had flooding , you can go to KOCO facebook page and see some video and pictures of what is going on in the area. We have had so much rain I have no idea how much rain now, but the other day we had over 9 inches of rain in 2 days. I think they said Lake Hefner was up 3 feet already this week. which is good. On the good side the bank closes at 3 today and I should be home early.