Goodbye B.B.
Just heard BB King has died. The world has lost a great entertainer and musician. I first saw BB live in 1976. Great man, what a loss. 
Check out Kenny. Thank God I worshipped BB a few times before he died.  Smiling

[Image: 110lvec.jpg]

I have this pic framed Razz I saw BB last at Britt in the 80's. My BIL had some connections and we were able to sit and party with BB and his band after the show till wee hours in to the night/morning. I couldn't make it to work the next day Embarrassed
My wife and I first saw BB in the early 70's in downtown Columbus Ohio. I was already in love with his music but it was the first time I saw what an entertainer he was and I mean without the guitar. He really knew how to work the crowd.
We were practically the only white people there Big Grin
He was the King to me.
(05-15-2015, 11:26 AM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 110lvec.jpg]

I have this pic framed Razz I saw BB last at Britt in the 80's. My BIL had some connections and we were able to sit and party with BB and his band after the show till wee hours in to the night/morning. I couldn't make it to work the next day Embarrassed
My wife and I first saw BB in the early 70's in downtown Columbus Ohio. I was already in love with his music but it was the first time I saw what an entertainer he was and I mean without the guitar. He really knew how to work the crowd.
We were practically the only white people there Big Grin  Razz
He was the King to me.

Very cooll!

And a even better photo shop.  Smiling  Razz
(05-15-2015, 12:07 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

He was the King to me.

Very cooll!

TVguy's wife looks much older than him, huh?  Big Grin
(05-15-2015, 03:04 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 12:07 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

He was the King to me.

Very cooll!

TVguy's wife looks much older than him, huh?  Big Grin

My late sis. 16 years older than me.
I figured it was your mom. The age difference would still work.  Smiling
You're right, he sure could work a crowd. The first time I went to a BB concert was at the old Paramount Theater in Portland. The crowd was pretty conservative but he had them jumping in no time at all. Loved that mans shows.

We were practically the only white people there Big Grin
He was the King to me.

Lucky You! Always fun to have a chance to chat with someone who gives us the great pleasure of whatever skill/talent they have. And sounds like you got to "hang" with him a bit. Very cool. 

Not a huge BB King fan, I still very much appreciate his contribution to our music. And the man was a workman, like few others, he showed up often and stayed late. 

Rest in peace BB King. "The Thrill is Gone"!
(05-15-2015, 05:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You're right, he sure could work a crowd. The first time I went to a BB concert was at the old Paramount Theater in Portland. The crowd was pretty conservative but he had them jumping in no time at all. Loved that mans shows.

That was great Cuzz.  Thank you.
(05-15-2015, 07:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Not a huge BB King fan

Music is subjective, of course.  But I find myself asking, what did he lack that makes you "not a fan"?  I think wars could be fought over musical taste almost to the degree of religion, but I still can't wrap my head around "not a huge BB King fan".  So much talent, so much drive.  Such a human being.  Raw, penetrating emotion.

Again, we all like what we like, and dislike what we dislike.  I just don't get not "liking" BB King.
(05-15-2015, 07:11 PM)Hugo Wrote: That was great Cuzz.  Thank you.

Ditto. Magnífico!
(05-15-2015, 07:17 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 07:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Not a huge BB King fan

Music is subjective, of course.  But I find myself asking, what did he lack that makes you "not a fan"?  I think wars could be fought over musical taste almost to the degree of religion, but I still can't wrap my head around "not a huge BB King fan".  So much talent, so much drive.  Such a human being.  Raw, penetrating emotion.

Again, we all like what we like, and dislike what we dislike.  I just don't get not "liking" BB King.

Christ now I have to agree with you. I am also surprised by Wonk not being a BB King fan. 

I would like to know which music recording artists besides Leonard Cohen that Wonk is a fan of. 

Well??
(05-15-2015, 05:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You're right, he sure could work a crowd. The first time I went to a BB concert was at the old Paramount Theater in Portland. The crowd was pretty conservative but he had them jumping in no time at all. Loved that mans shows.

I've always told my wife ( jokingly) that this was OUR song Razz You know, "Listen honey they're playing OUR song"

"How Blue Can You Get"
"I've been downhearted baby every since the day we met"

She might not thing it's as funny as I do Laughing