Take your kids to Boatnik
Local kids need to go to Boatnik. Otherwise they will feel deprived. Buy them the $30.00 wrist bracelet and send them on their way, then go to the beer garden and drink some beer from the Pour Authority. If you go on Sunday, say hi to Wasabi, he will be working there that day. 
(05-22-2015, 04:03 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Local kids need to go to Boatnik. Otherwise they will feel deprived. Buy them the $30.00 wrist bracelet and send them on their way, then go to the beer garden and drink some beer from the Pour Authority. If you go on Sunday, say hi to Wasabi, he will be working there that day. 

I understand this is in Grants Pass. Does one need a passport? Since there will most likely be no police on duty should I bring a side arm? Can I get there by Greyhound bus or do I have to wait for a turnip truck? If I bring my wife can she walk beside me or is she required to walk two paces behind me? 

Whatever, sounds like fun event.  Laughing
(05-23-2015, 08:33 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-22-2015, 04:03 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Local kids need to go to Boatnik. Otherwise they will feel deprived. Buy them the $30.00 wrist bracelet and send them on their way, then go to the beer garden and drink some beer from the Pour Authority. If you go on Sunday, say hi to Wasabi, he will be working there that day. 

I understand this is in Grants Pass. Does one need a passport? Since there will most likely be no police on duty should I bring a side arm? Can I get there by Greyhound bus or do I have to wait for a turnip truck? If I bring my wife can she walk beside me or is she required to walk two paces behind me? 

Laughing Laughing Laughing
(05-23-2015, 10:13 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Grants Pass is part of the United States so a passport is not required. You can put a raft in the Rogue around Touvelle Park and get out at Riverside Park in GP. That is where the Boatnik event activities are being held. Many hillbillies from the surrounding area bring this kids to this event so you will feel right at home here. Wink And yes bring a gun with you that you open carry. That way the parents of all those kids will feel safe.  Big Grin
(05-24-2015, 06:47 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 10:13 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Grants Pass is part of the United States so a passport is not required. You can put a raft in the Rogue around Touvelle Park and get out at Riverside Park in GP. That is where the Boatnik event activities are being held. Many hillbillies from the surrounding area bring this kids to this event so you will feel right at home here. Wink And yes bring a gun with you that you open carry. That way the parents of all those kids will feel safe.  Big Grin

You can put a raft in the Rogue around Touvelle Park and get out at Riverside Park in GP.

That would be an awful long float, If you left in the morning It might be dark thirty when you reached Riverside park.. I think it would take all day long plus you are going through a couple class four rapids Confused
Only Nugget and Tilomikh are class 4 rapids; hell anyone can run them.  Rolling Eyes 

I only mentioned a River run because Wonky was afraid he might still have to take the stage coach to GP. 
(05-24-2015, 12:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Only Nugget and Tilomikh are class 4 rapids; hell anyone can run them.  Rolling Eyes 

I only mentioned a River run because Wonky was afraid he might still have to take the stage coach to GP. 

And I think it's time I apologize for my snarky comments about Boatnick and Grants Pass. A feeble attempt at humor that may have crossed the line into sarcasm. I hope it didn't offend, and I'm sorry if those in JC found it offensive 
Hey boatnik is cool. Maybe medford can run some toy sailboats down Bear Creek to
Copy GP.
(05-24-2015, 12:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 12:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Only Nugget and Tilomikh are class 4 rapids; hell anyone can run them.  Rolling Eyes 

And I think it's time I apologize for my snarky comments about Boatnick and Grants Pass. A feeble attempt at humor that may have crossed the line into sarcasm. I hope it didn't offend, and I'm sorry if those in JC found it offensive 

You're kidding right? I was enjoying this back and forth about Grants Pass and you ruin it with an apology?? No one in a Grants Pass gets offended by others people noticing that we live in the Stone Age in JoCo. We consider ourselves cavemen and cavewomen fer crying out loud.  Smiling
(05-24-2015, 12:47 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

You're kidding right? I was enjoying this back and forth about Grants Pass and you ruin it with an apology?? No one in a Grants Pass gets offended by others people noticing that we live in the Stone Age in JoCo. We consider ourselves cavemen and cavewomen fer crying out loud.  Smiling

I was thinking the same thing and I don't even live there! Razz
(05-24-2015, 12:44 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Hey boatnik is cool. Maybe medford can run some toy sailboats down Bear Creek to
Copy GP.

Nah, we should plan for the long term in case of water shortage. You know, for the climate change that's not happening.

(05-24-2015, 12:47 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Laughing Laughing That's the spirit.

Yeah I knew I was taking you too literally. But it's pretty cool IMO that a person can float from Touvelle to GP for the first time in more than 100 years.

BTW Wonky said he won't ride on no new fanged fancy pants stage coaches.
Since he's going to "little appalachia" maybe a jug of home brew might make the trip more tolerable!
(05-24-2015, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah I knew I was taking you too literally. But it's pretty cool IMO that a person can float from Touvelle to GP for the first time in more than 100 years.

BTW Wonky said he won't ride on no new fanged fancy pants stage coaches.
Damn tootin'!
The farm wagon was good enough for grandpa and good enough for me. 

A story: Hope to keep it short.
My grandfather lived in the "country" 7 miles from a small logging town in western Oregon. He didn't drive. (Others in the family did of course, but he was not fond of "the machines". 
He went to a stock auction and bought a older horse for a good price. (He already had a small buggy). 
So he harnessed the horse to the buggy and headed for town. 
Took awhile. 
The horse stopped at EVERY mailbox on the road. 
Yep. A retired mail delivery horse. 

True story. Hey, I didn't say it was good, just true. 

PS: He kept the horse until the old girl died. Said he was not in that much of a hurry anyhow. 
(05-24-2015, 04:37 PM)minuteman Wrote: Since he's going to "little appalachia" maybe a jug of home brew might make the trip more tolerable!

I did little Appalachia at the Boatnick beer gardens. I am not kidding; home brew or what they now call micro brew was the star attraction. I gotta figure out how to post photos that I took today on this iPad. 
(05-24-2015, 08:14 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 04:37 PM)minuteman Wrote: Since he's going to "little appalachia" maybe a jug of home brew might make the trip more tolerable!

I did little Appalachia at the Boatnick beer gardens. I am not kidding; home brew or what they now call micro brew was the star attraction. I gotta figure out how to post photos that I took today on this iPad. 

Can't you upload the pics from your ipad to your PC?
Thinking this photo of Boatnik could also be in the Cool Pics thread. 
[Image: taprock.jpg]
(05-26-2015, 08:51 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Thinking this photo of Boatnik could also be in the Cool Pics thread. 
[Image: taprock.jpg]
Beautiful photo, Scrappy! Makes me want to visit Grants Pass. We give Clete (and others) a lot of flack about the town, but I hope he knows it's all in good humor and not malicious. Some of us do hope the good citizens of GP and JO Co are able to attract sources of revenue so they can completely fund services needed there.