Employees Can Be Fired for Marijuana Use Even If It’s Legal
(06-18-2015, 07:47 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 06:25 AM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 08:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 06:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 05:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Simple, but unjust.  If it's legal, it shouldn't matter if you do something legal in your own time.
Until there's a better way to test for it... It's just the way it is.  Employers have to err on the side of protecting their business.

Yep. This issue still evolving, I think.
I wonder....employers now test for MJ in the blood and the user could have been stoned the day before and still test positive. Obviously, people should not be stoned when at work (in most cases) but just because it's "in the blood" should not be the issue. 
Holy crap! Think I just said what a lot of other folks said before me. 
Memory is the SECOND thing to go.  Embarrassed

It kind of surprises me that someone has not yet come up with an invention that can tell if someone is high immediately...you'd think with the prevalence of MJ use in this country that someone would have by now.
Maybe those that care are too high to really do anything about it.

No, I really doubt that. Anymore than those who like to drink (booze) are too drunk to be effective at doing anything about serious stuff. 

But I (for one) think a lot of the above discussion has been great! Venting this stuff and getting all the opinions out there is  how we (as a society) will finally resolve this stuff. Thirty years ago I would not have guessed we could have come to this point where in many states we could fire up a doobie on our time without the Feds crashing through the door and tossing us into a Federal joint somewhere in Texas. 

Somewhere in the middle of all the opinions above is a reasonable compromise that will someday be the answer that works for most of us. Now THIS, is what a forum is all about (in my view. Oh shut up TVg....my view DOES count. Sometimes. Okay, hardly ever, but maybe twice a year?)