Hey Marijuana Advocates, Look Here
If she is as good as she says she is, their loss.
(07-25-2015, 01:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: If she is as good as she says she is, their loss.

Maurer, who has been working in television for the past three years and is a University of Oregon graduate, said she didn't do anything wrong and felt the firing was discriminatory.

No shit it IS discriminatory, she's a freaking genius Rolling Eyes They discriminate against people who fail a drug test because they may be high at work DUH!

"I don't fit the lazy stupid loser stereotype," she said, adding she's a responsible user and has never come to work impaired.

I disagree. She does indeed fit the "stupid" part. She was either too stupid or ignored the fact that she can't smoke dope. And she chose to get fired from a decent job to work in the MJ industry Laughing 
Whatever , stupid is as stupid does.Whatever that means Big Grin
(07-25-2015, 04:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 01:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: If she is as good as she says she is, their loss.

Maurer, who has been working in television for the past three years and is a University of Oregon graduate, said she didn't do anything wrong and felt the firing was discriminatory.

No shit it IS discriminatory, she's a freaking genius Rolling Eyes They discriminate against people who fail a drug test because they may be high at work DUH!

"I don't fit the lazy stupid loser stereotype," she said, adding she's a responsible user and has never come to work impaired.

I disagree. She does indeed fit the "stupid" part. She was either too stupid or ignored the fact that she can't smoke dope. And she chose to get fired from a decent job to work in the MJ industry Laughing 
Yes she is Stupid for risking her job, but intelligent enough to have gotten a good one and apparently smart enough to work in television. I think she has a problem if she needed weed so bad that she kept smoking when she knew the potential consequences. I know people that gave up good jobs to take lower paying ones because they did not drug test. In any case, some people make good money as marijuana advocates. I wish her luck.
(07-25-2015, 10:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Yes she is Stupid for risking her job, but intelligent enough to have gotten a good one and apparently smart enough to work in television. I think she has a problem if she needed weed so bad that she kept smoking when she knew the potential consequences. I know people that gave up good jobs to take lower paying ones because they did not drug test. In any case, some people make good money as marijuana advocates. I wish her luck.

I totally agree on all of that. This part here.....  I know people that gave up good jobs to take lower paying ones because they did not drug test.

I watched my best friend for many many years, literally deprive himself of good wages . He couldn't pass a piss test. He and his wife got high every single day.
(07-25-2015, 10:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I disagree. She does indeed fit the "stupid" part. She was either too stupid or ignored the fact that she can't smoke dope. And she chose to get fired from a decent job to work in the MJ industry  

I totally agree on all of that. This part here.....  I know people that gave up good jobs to take lower paying ones because they did not drug test.

I watched my best friend for many many years, literally deprive himself of good wages . He couldn't pass a piss test. He and his wife got high every single day.
That's sad.
(07-26-2015, 07:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 10:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I disagree. She does indeed fit the "stupid" part. She was either too stupid or ignored the fact that she can't smoke dope. And she chose to get fired from a decent job to work in the MJ industry  

That's sad.

I wonder...
As the laws change and (if and when) both local and federal laws allow the use of recreational use of MJ, how testing might change? 
Only wondering...
True, MJ stays in the blood for much longer than the "high" and so when tested even a few days later the results can be positive. 
So, I wonder if someday there might be a test an employer could administer to see if the worker is in any way "under the influence" and should not be in the workplace that day? 
Only wondering. Because, there might be a test to try to determine that MJ in the blood even a few days before MIGHT impair judgement, reaction time, or other negative things. 
Still wondering...
I'll hijack this old thread because the title works for my post.  Big Grin The creator of this game was on our TV news this evening. 

It looks like it came from 1980 something LOL
(08-24-2017, 11:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: It looks like it came from 1980 something LOL
Hey! For some of us, the 80's were the glory years.  Laughing
It MUST have been intentional.
(08-25-2017, 07:08 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: It looks like it came from 1980 something LOL

The 80's were rough for me. Raising three kids while building a house and trying to stay working was a bitch.
Trickle down economics my ass.
(08-25-2017, 01:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The 80's were rough for me. Raising three kids while building a house and trying to stay working was a bitch.
Rough? Well bless you're little pee pickin' heart. Rough for a lot of us. I was working 60/70 hour weeks, trying to keep a teen-age kid out of jail (is now on the straight and narrow), and coming to the realization I was never going to rich, famous, or have a really huge penis. 
But dear God, I was one lucky asshole! Kids without diseases, a wife WAY above my pay grade, addicted only to cigarets (quit in '93) and paying into a pension fund that has been a blessing now. 

But I know you worked hard. You were SUPPOSED to.  Laughing
(08-25-2017, 03:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Rough? Well bless you're little pee pickin' heart. Rough for a lot of us. I was working 60/70 hour weeks, trying to keep a teen-age kid out of jail (is now on the straight and narrow), and coming to the realization I was never going to rich, famous, or have a really huge penis. 
But dear God, I was one lucky asshole! Kids without diseases, a wife WAY above my pay grade, addicted only to cigarets (quit in '93) and paying into a pension fund that has been a blessing now. 

Yes true enough. What I'm complaining about is what they now call "first world problems"
(08-25-2017, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes true enough. What I'm complaining about is what they now call "first world problems"

What? You think it's okay to complain about "First World Problems?" 
We all do it.
And we should be ashamed. 
(Oops...telling others what we (they) should think)  Embarrassed
(08-25-2017, 08:13 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 07:08 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey! For some of us, the 80's were the glory years.  Laughing

We all do it.

Now you are just boring
(08-26-2017, 08:31 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 08:13 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: The 80's were rough for me. Raising three kids while building a house and trying to stay working was a bitch.

We all do it.

Now you are just boring

You forgot the period at the end of the sentence. So, I'm guess you had something else to say but it slipped your mind. 

Maybe this: It's boring because you can't complete the thought? 
We need not be ashamed? 
A little bit ashamed?
Hardly ashamed. 
Oh! Better yet, we should not be drawn to conclusions because in doing so we "Tell others what they should think"? 

First World Problems was your thought. You okay with it?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...olent.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing
(10-05-2017, 06:27 AM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...olent.html

It's not really their fault, people need to smarten up and stop getting between stoners and their Tollhouse cookies.
(10-05-2017, 06:27 AM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...olent.html

I hope you are laughing at how ridiculous this alleged study is.
Hey are these the same people who claim the moon is made of cheese?