a different random thought
(08-15-2019, 07:03 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 11:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 10:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 01:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 10:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Are people really that dumb?  Today on a social media page there was a comment about a photograph and one poster said to the person who posted above her:  "If you look closely, you can see he looks EXACTLY like his dad."  I had to laugh and said that was kind of an oxymoronic post because if he looked EXACTLY like his dad, you wouldn't have to look closely, but agreed with her mostly.  She got amazingly angry with me and said I had called her a moron. And then went on to defend her morals saying she is never cruel to anyone.  "Cruel?" I asked.  " I never said you were cruel."  She snapped back..."Look it up! Merriam Webster says it's two opposite meaning words used together as in 'Cruel to be kind'.  And promptly reported me.

How do you know she reported you? Because she said so? I just wonder if you are reported and FB doesn't do anything if you ever know.

But yes some people are delicate and stupid.
No. To Admin. I just thought it was hilarious. She had to look it up to get insulted, and didn't even understand the definition.

I'm sure two things happen.
she gets a tally for reporting
and you get a tally for being reported.
After a year, she'll have 20 tallies and you'll have one.
I bet Facebook has an algorithm to sort that shit out.
No. Not if she is reporting it to admin. Admin are the people who are running the page or group.  It has nothing to do with FB.  The owner or moderator of the page decides if the complaint is worthy of dealing with. Or may just note that it's that whiny user again.  I know. Because I moderate a couple of FB pages.  There are types who will register complaints that are just ridiculous and based upon their personal preference, and others that are ligitimately reporting something that violates the pagegroup rules.   I appreciate it when members report stuff, because I honestly don't look at every group in it's entirety every day.  Conscientious members make the job much easier.

I have no idea how those things work. Are there any facebook pages that have moderation like we do here?
No.
And I’m under constant surveillance now for using the phrase “White Trash Party “ to describe the Republicans.
2)30 day suspensions in FB JAIL. 
I’m mostly sticking to pictures now.
Smiling
(08-15-2019, 07:19 AM)bbqboy Wrote: No.
And I’m under constant surveillance now for using the phrase “White Trash Party “ to describe the Republicans.
Smiling

?? is this just suspension from a particular facebook forum?
I would look for an alternative forum without pissy moderators
(08-15-2019, 07:32 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Smiling

No. From all of FB. I’m a known criminal these days.
(08-15-2019, 07:32 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Smiling

What is deceptive about the whole thing is that you can be in a particular group and a lot of people are cussing each other out and name calling. So you think it's OK.
I like to make fun of them normally but sometime when you react in kind you find out they will report you to FB.
And that's really because I am a liberal/democrat more than anything else.
(08-15-2019, 07:17 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 07:03 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 11:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 10:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 01:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: How do you know she reported you? Because she said so? I just wonder if you are reported and FB doesn't do anything if you ever know.

But yes some people are delicate and stupid.
No. To Admin. I just thought it was hilarious. She had to look it up to get insulted, and didn't even understand the definition.

I'm sure two things happen.
she gets a tally for reporting
and you get a tally for being reported.
After a year, she'll have 20 tallies and you'll have one.
I bet Facebook has an algorithm to sort that shit out.
No. Not if she is reporting it to admin. Admin are the people who are running the page or group.  It has nothing to do with FB.  The owner or moderator of the page decides if the complaint is worthy of dealing with. Or may just note that it's that whiny user again.  I know. Because I moderate a couple of FB pages.  There are types who will register complaints that are just ridiculous and based upon their personal preference, and others that are ligitimately reporting something that violates the pagegroup rules.   I appreciate it when members report stuff, because I honestly don't look at every group in it's entirety every day.  Conscientious members make the job much easier.

I have no idea how those things work. Are there any facebook pages that have moderation like we do here?

There are thousands of pages and groups on FB. Anyone can create one. For specific interests, music, art, theatre, acting, writing, science, mechanics, electronics, history, specific sites for regions, cooking, medicine, whatever you like.  Groups and pages can be created by anyone within FB.  They set their own rules.  The administrator may run it or run it with moderators who control the group. The rules can be tight or loose. They can remove you from a group just for not liking you. BUT additionally, people can report directly to FB if they don't like you. And if your group gets too many reports to FB itself, your group is jeopardy of being shutdown by FB. In my case the woman said she was reporting me to the group admin.  If they have received it, it's been to no consequence to me. I'm still on it. So they probably think she's just stupid and ignoring it.  I have, however, been 86'd off two or three groups because they didn't like me.  Usually the right wing ones. One because the admin was a group dictator and I wouldn't back down to him and ultimately told him to bugger off.
In my case someone I’d blocked became an admin and managed to report a whole bunch of us.
A total joco nut.
Now there’s a whole group declaring itself Juno free in the title people were so pissed.
(08-16-2019, 08:00 AM)bbqboy Wrote: In my case someone I’d blocked became an admin and managed to report a whole bunch of us.
A total joco nut.
Now there’s a whole group declaring itself Juno free in the title people were so pissed.
Juno is a moron. And he surrounds himself with bullies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(08-16-2019, 09:46 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 08:00 AM)bbqboy Wrote: In my case someone I’d blocked became an admin and managed to report a whole bunch of us.
A total joco nut.
Juno is a moron. And he surrounds himself with bullies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

True Story.
(08-13-2019, 10:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Are people really that dumb?  Today on a social media page there was a comment about a photograph and one poster said to the person who posted above her:  "If you look closely, you can see he looks EXACTLY like his dad."  I had to laugh and said that was kind of an oxymoronic post because if he looked EXACTLY like his dad, you wouldn't have to look closely, but agreed with her mostly.  She got amazingly angry with me and said I had called her a moron. And then went on to defend her morals saying she is never cruel to anyone.  "Cruel?" I asked.  " I never said you were cruel."  She snapped back..."Look it up! Merriam Webster says it's two opposite meaning words used together as in 'Cruel to be kind'.  And promptly reported me.

So I guess I learned a little something from this thread. When I first read this and saw Webster's definition of "Cruel to be Kind", I thought that was a bad example of an oxymoron. I always thought that an oxymoron was a phrase that contradicted itself. So, to me "cruel to be kind" was in the context of 'tough love', and the phrase made sense, therefore it did not fit the definition. In my mind, an oxymoron contained 2, (or more), elements that basically created an impossibility. So, for me an example of an oxymoron might have been "liberal genius." But, it turns out, I was wrong, (which, according to my old view, is also an oxymoron). If you are having trouble following me, I am right behind you.

In case you're wondering... yeah... PUI. 

Now, moving on to tvguy's and bbq's various and sundry banishments. I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group. All I have to go on is my limited interaction with these two, (sometimes), adversaries. So I will let loose here: I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics. Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off. Tvguy... I gotta say, I'm okay with you because I'm used to you... but you are as abrasive as they come. And bbq used to annoy the hell out of me with attacks out of nowhere but he seems to have mellowed a bit... at least here. Juniper and I are almost polar opposites yet I find her to be reasonable... just like I enjoyed cletus' style. 

So there you have it. My input... such as it is.
(08-16-2019, 06:57 PM)GCG Wrote:

So I guess I learned a little something from this thread. When I first read this and saw Webster's definition of "Cruel to be Kind", I thought that was a bad example of an oxymoron. I always thought that an oxymoron was a phrase that contradicted itself. So, to me "cruel to be kind" was in the context of 'tough love', and the phrase made sense, therefore it did not fit the definition. In my mind, an oxymoron contained 2, (or more), elements that basically created an impossibility. So, for me an example of an oxymoron might have been "liberal genius." But, it turns out, I was wrong, (which, according to my old view, is also an oxymoron). If you are having trouble following me, I am right behind you.

Now, moving on to tvguy's and bbq's various and sundry banishments. I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group. All I have to go on is my limited interaction with these two, (sometimes), adversaries. So I will let loose here: I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics. Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off. Tvguy... I gotta say, I'm okay with you because I'm used to you... but you are as abrasive as they come. And bbq used to annoy the hell out of me with attacks out of nowhere but he seems to have mellowed a bit... at least here. Juniper and I are almost polar opposites yet I find her to be reasonable... just like I enjoyed cletus' style. 

Well, 1.  I never looked up Webster's definition. But the poster who was riled at me said it was so.  I just thought she was hilarious.

2.  I had to intentionally make myself talk to TV to get past that style.  I remember doing it on a specific forum thread. I had to really get into his head a bit to decide if I could really 'get' what he was talking about. Now, it's just like...whatever when he does his TV thing.    He does make terrible jokes though sometimes. Laughing Razz   I find that if I can do that, I learn stuff.

Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off.

Do you seriously think I don't know what my style is and how I come off after 15 years or so of posting on forums?, I do and I can turn it off and on at will Big Grin

but you are as abrasive as they come. 
I often like to keep my opponents on their heels Razz

I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group

That's like saying I never climbed ladders so I have never fell off a ladder Laughing  The truth is you don't have a clue because like you said don't belong to any controversial social media groups . If you did you would realize BBQ or me are no more abrasive than the people on the FB groups we are talking about.
As matter of fact most are way worse.

I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics.

What you are missing is it's not the moderators than have banned BBQ. It's Facebook itself. Face book has tougher rules than this forum has EVER had. I've only had two 24 hour suspensions, One was for calling a guy a "nut" LOL I swear to God.
The other was for something similarity mild. I belong to half a dozen groups and I have posted thousands of times so you your theory is all wet.

The group BBQ is on is too ugly for me and that should tell you something. I've only been booted off of one forum. A very popular one that is known for fighting. A woman who told me that my mother should have swallowed.
She later said she was an ordained minister. So I said ordained by who? Andrew Dice Clay?
I was permanently kicked off the group for saying that. So that's exactly what Juniper was trying to say about some group moderators. They can be totally unjustified on who and who doesn't stay in the group.

Also there were several people who wanted me back and the moderator actually asked me to come back. But just like the group BBQ is talking about this one is just too ugly.
(08-16-2019, 10:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Do you seriously think I don't know what my style is and how I come off after 15 years or so of posting on forums?, I do and I can turn it off and on at will Big Grin

I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group

That's like saying I never climbed ladders so I have never fell off a ladder Laughing  The truth is you don't have a clue because like you said don't belong to any controversial social media groups . If you did you would realize BBQ or me are no more abrasive than the people on the FB groups we are talking about.

I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics.

What you are missing is it's not the moderators than have banned BBQ. It's Facebook itself. Face book has tougher rules than this forum has EVER had. I've only had two 24 hour suspensions, One was for calling a guy a "nut" LOL I swear to God.
The other was for something similarity mild. I belong to half a dozen groups and I have posted thousands of times so you your theory is all wet.

The group BBQ is on is too ugly for me and that should tell you something. I've only been booted off of one forum. A very popular one that is known for fighting. A woman who told me that my mother should have swallowed.
She later said she was an ordained minister. So I said ordained by who? Andrew Dice Clay?
I was permanently kicked off the group for saying that. So that's exactly what Juniper was trying to say about some group moderators. They can be totally unjustified on who and who doesn't stay in the group.

Also there were several people who wanted me back and the moderator actually asked me to come back. But just like the group BBQ is talking about this one is just too ugly.

Seems to me that you were suspended from this group for awhile. And I doubt it was because of your politics.
You have no idea what you’re talking about.
(08-16-2019, 11:08 PM)GCG Wrote:

Seems to me that you were suspended from this group for awhile. And I doubt it was because of your politics.

That never happened.

Do you seriously think I don't know what my style is and how I come off after 15 years or so of posting on forums?, I do and I can turn it off and on at will :D

I often like to keep my opponents on their heels :P

That's like saying I never climbed ladders so I have never fell off a ladder :lol:  The truth is you don't have a clue because like you said don't belong to any controversial social media groups . If you did you would realize BBQ or me are no more abrasive than the people on the FB groups we are talking about.

I agree. If you haven't been on these kinds of groups. you don't really know what they are like. I was removed from a group for no reason that I know of other than that some people "didn't like me".  I was told that by the moderator. I followed the rules., I didn't use bad language, I didn't make personal attacks, post spam or anything I shouldn't be doing. It was a debate group.  The title card says "Blow it up!" but when I debated with people who's stances I disagreed with and chose to post so, I was banned because the people who disagreed with me, and couldn't shut me up, were complaining to admin.  Not FB.  I've noticed that admins and mods don't really have any professional bearing. They will even tell you: You have no rights here.  We don't have to 'warn' you, or give you a second chance. ' We are in charge and we do what we like.'  I don't like the pure political groups, because they never are administered in a neutral way. They are usually started by far right wingers who tolerate a LOT of abuse of the lefties but none to the righties.  They are ugly and coarse and about as enlightening as listening to Trump misread his cue cards.
(08-17-2019, 08:19 AM)Juniper Wrote:

That never happened.

I beg to differ. I see references to his being banned for 2 weeks in the summer of 2013. Unless he banned himself?

Yes once for two weeks. I think it was for calling Leonard a worthless whining anti American piece of shit malcontent.
Funny how after all I said that's what you came back with?
I was banned here once out of 40,607 posts Laughing
(08-17-2019, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes once for two weeks. I think it was for calling Leonard a worthless whining anti American piece of shit malcontent.
Funny how after all I said that's what you came back with?
I was banned here once out of 40,607 posts Laughing

I mix this place up with MTF.
Josephine County neighborhood Chat has 16,000+ members and no administration because Brandy’s back in jail again after violating parole for meth. She inherited the group from her mom, who died.
If you look in the dictionary under cesspool, JCNC shows up.
Too much for these folks, including Scrapper who knows a bunch of the inbred idiots.
Smiling
Think tornado dumbed down. I know, hard to do but it is Jokeo.