a different random thought
(08-17-2019, 01:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Josephine County neighborhood Chat has 16,000+ members and no administration because Brandy’s back in jail again after violating parole for meth. She inherited the group from her mom, who died.
If you look in the dictionary under cesspool, JCNC shows up.
Too much for these folks, including Scrapper who knows a bunch of the inbred idiots.
Smiling
Think tornado dumbed down. I know, hard to do but it is Jokeo.
Yup!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(08-17-2019, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 11:08 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 10:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 06:57 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 10:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Are people really that dumb?  Today on a social media page there was a comment about a photograph and one poster said to the person who posted above her:  "If you look closely, you can see he looks EXACTLY like his dad."  I had to laugh and said that was kind of an oxymoronic post because if he looked EXACTLY like his dad, you wouldn't have to look closely, but agreed with her mostly.  She got amazingly angry with me and said I had called her a moron. And then went on to defend her morals saying she is never cruel to anyone.  "Cruel?" I asked.  " I never said you were cruel."  She snapped back..."Look it up! Merriam Webster says it's two opposite meaning words used together as in 'Cruel to be kind'.  And promptly reported me.

So I guess I learned a little something from this thread. When I first read this and saw Webster's definition of "Cruel to be Kind", I thought that was a bad example of an oxymoron. I always thought that an oxymoron was a phrase that contradicted itself. So, to me "cruel to be kind" was in the context of 'tough love', and the phrase made sense, therefore it did not fit the definition. In my mind, an oxymoron contained 2, (or more), elements that basically created an impossibility. So, for me an example of an oxymoron might have been "liberal genius." But, it turns out, I was wrong, (which, according to my old view, is also an oxymoron). If you are having trouble following me, I am right behind you.

In case you're wondering... yeah... PUI. 

Now, moving on to tvguy's and bbq's various and sundry banishments. I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group. All I have to go on is my limited interaction with these two, (sometimes), adversaries. So I will let loose here: I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics. Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off. Tvguy... I gotta say, I'm okay with you because I'm used to you... but you are as abrasive as they come. And bbq used to annoy the hell out of me with attacks out of nowhere but he seems to have mellowed a bit... at least here. Juniper and I are almost polar opposites yet I find her to be reasonable... just like I enjoyed cletus' style. 

So there you have it. My input... such as it is.

Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off.

Do you seriously think I don't know what my style is and how I come off after 15 years or so of posting on forums?, I do and I can turn it off and on at will Big Grin

but you are as abrasive as they come. 
I often like to keep my opponents on their heels Razz

I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group

That's like saying I never climbed ladders so I have never fell off a ladder Laughing  The truth is you don't have a clue because like you said don't belong to any controversial social media groups . If you did you would realize BBQ or me are no more abrasive than the people on the FB groups we are talking about.
As matter of fact most are way worse.

I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics.

What you are missing is it's not the moderators than have banned BBQ. It's Facebook itself. Face book has tougher rules than this forum has EVER had. I've only had two 24 hour suspensions, One was for calling a guy a "nut" LOL I swear to God.
The other was for something similarity mild. I belong to half a dozen groups and I have posted thousands of times so you your theory is all wet.

The group BBQ is on is too ugly for me and that should tell you something. I've only been booted off of one forum. A very popular one that is known for fighting. A woman who told me that my mother should have swallowed.
She later said she was an ordained minister. So I said ordained by who? Andrew Dice Clay?
I was permanently kicked off the group for saying that. So that's exactly what Juniper was trying to say about some group moderators. They can be totally unjustified on who and who doesn't stay in the group.

Also there were several people who wanted me back and the moderator actually asked me to come back. But just like the group BBQ is talking about this one is just too ugly.

Seems to me that you were suspended from this group for awhile. And I doubt it was because of your politics.
Yes once for two weeks. I think it was for calling Leonard a worthless whining anti American piece of shit malcontent.
Funny how after all I said that's what you came back with?
I was banned here once out of 40,607 posts Laughing
Yeah, as if you've been such a friendly easy going presence other than that one time. FWIW, I'm no fan of banning or suspending anyone from RVF. That's what the ignore feature is for. As to FB, I belong to 4 or 5 groups. None of them is political or religious or otherwise argumentative. That's my choice. If you join FB groups that have that crap going on, then you can expect problems. It was because of that sort of BS that I left RVF years ago. It's boring.
(08-17-2019, 02:07 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 11:08 PM)GCG Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 10:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 06:57 PM)GCG Wrote: So I guess I learned a little something from this thread. When I first read this and saw Webster's definition of "Cruel to be Kind", I thought that was a bad example of an oxymoron. I always thought that an oxymoron was a phrase that contradicted itself. So, to me "cruel to be kind" was in the context of 'tough love', and the phrase made sense, therefore it did not fit the definition. In my mind, an oxymoron contained 2, (or more), elements that basically created an impossibility. So, for me an example of an oxymoron might have been "liberal genius." But, it turns out, I was wrong, (which, according to my old view, is also an oxymoron). If you are having trouble following me, I am right behind you.

In case you're wondering... yeah... PUI. 

Now, moving on to tvguy's and bbq's various and sundry banishments. I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group. All I have to go on is my limited interaction with these two, (sometimes), adversaries. So I will let loose here: I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics. Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off. Tvguy... I gotta say, I'm okay with you because I'm used to you... but you are as abrasive as they come. And bbq used to annoy the hell out of me with attacks out of nowhere but he seems to have mellowed a bit... at least here. Juniper and I are almost polar opposites yet I find her to be reasonable... just like I enjoyed cletus' style. 

So there you have it. My input... such as it is.

Take a look at your style. Take a look at how you come off.

Do you seriously think I don't know what my style is and how I come off after 15 years or so of posting on forums?, I do and I can turn it off and on at will Big Grin

but you are as abrasive as they come. 
I often like to keep my opponents on their heels Razz

I don't belong to any controversial social media groups. I've never been banned or suspended from a group

That's like saying I never climbed ladders so I have never fell off a ladder Laughing  The truth is you don't have a clue because like you said don't belong to any controversial social media groups . If you did you would realize BBQ or me are no more abrasive than the people on the FB groups we are talking about.
As matter of fact most are way worse.

I think it's too fkin easy to blame your little brushes with the wannabe moderators on your politics.

What you are missing is it's not the moderators than have banned BBQ. It's Facebook itself. Face book has tougher rules than this forum has EVER had. I've only had two 24 hour suspensions, One was for calling a guy a "nut" LOL I swear to God.
The other was for something similarity mild. I belong to half a dozen groups and I have posted thousands of times so you your theory is all wet.

The group BBQ is on is too ugly for me and that should tell you something. I've only been booted off of one forum. A very popular one that is known for fighting. A woman who told me that my mother should have swallowed.
She later said she was an ordained minister. So I said ordained by who? Andrew Dice Clay?
I was permanently kicked off the group for saying that. So that's exactly what Juniper was trying to say about some group moderators. They can be totally unjustified on who and who doesn't stay in the group.

Also there were several people who wanted me back and the moderator actually asked me to come back. But just like the group BBQ is talking about this one is just too ugly.

Seems to me that you were suspended from this group for awhile. And I doubt it was because of your politics.
Yes once for two weeks. I think it was for calling Leonard a worthless whining anti American piece of shit malcontent.
Funny how after all I said that's what you came back with?
I was banned here once out of 40,607 posts Laughing
Yeah, as if you've been such a friendly easy going presence other than that one time. FWIW, I'm no fan of banning or suspending anyone from RVF. That's what the ignore feature is for. As to FB, I belong to 4 or 5 groups. None of them is political or religious or otherwise argumentative. That's my choice. If you join FB groups that have that crap going on, then you can expect problems. It was because of that sort of BS that I left RVF years ago. It's boring.

Yeah, as if you've been such a friendly easy going presence other than that one time.
I didn't say I was did I? let me quote myself...."Do you seriously think I don't know what my style is and how I come off after 15 years or so of posting on forums?, I do and I can turn it off and on at will"

I belong to 4 or 5 groups. None of them is political or religious or otherwise argumentative.f you join FB groups that have that crap going on, then you can expect problems.

I agree. I don't belong to any like that either.I did but they are just tiring. And just like AM radio for some reason the groups that are political or otherwise argumentative are like AM radio talk shows. Totally dominated by the far right.

It's funny how the far left and the far right are so different. The far left are loopy hippies that like to believe in all kinds of crazy things like chem trails,healing crystals,Karma,that Marijuana cures cancer etc. And are against things like 5G,GMO foods,  smart meters,rodeos, horse racing, hunting, guns anything not organic .

And the far right, What do they worry about? People on food stamps, welfare. They seem very afraid someone is taking away what they have. The love to call the left or ANY democrat libtards while they spend their time looking in people grocery carts to see what was purchased with food stamps.
They love to yell and listen to each other yell.. I mean literally.
As as far as the right being loopy and believing in crazy things??
They like to believe things like Obama is a Muslim who hates America, Who wasn't born here.The Clinton's have had dozens of people murdered.

Basically from what I see the far left really is a lot more loving and tolerant.
And the far right loves to hate on people .

And that's why FB groups dominated by the far right are ugly and hateful. And why homie don't play that

Me I'm in just left of center. I can yell with the best of them Big Grin And be abrasive. Especially when I see people constantly find fault and put down this great country .
Or people who tell me I LIKE or LOVE to kill animals. That I shouldn't even fish.

I can't help it if I have SOME far right in me that comes but I'm still a dem and I'm left of center.

I am what I am.
(08-17-2019, 05:26 PM)tvguy Wrote: [bunch of stuff trimmed just because]

I can't help it if I have SOME far right in me that comes but I'm still a dem and I'm left of center.

I am what I am.

Big Grin Laughing

As far as people getting banned or people wanting to control what others say. I ran across a post when Wonky was complaining because Scrapper told someone "bite me"
(08-17-2019, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: As far as people getting banned or people wanting to control what others say. I ran across a post when Wonky was complaining because Scrapper told someone "bite me"

Ah...Wonky...well, truth be told, he was becoming more and more unstable.
(08-17-2019, 10:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: As far as people getting banned or people wanting to control what others say. I ran across a post when Wonky was complaining because Scrapper told someone "bite me"

Ah...Wonky...well, truth be told, he was becoming more and more unstable.

Wonky was just upset, because he wanted to nibble too.
BwaHaHa! Wonky had his own antiquated idea of how women should behave.

I belong to a FB group about "What's Happening" in my town. What could there be to argue about with something as simple as sharing things happening in your town?!?! Well, I found out...
1. Someone will always find something to bitch about
2. Bullies are every where and will find someone to bully
It's crazy!

The worst FB group I'm in is a "neighborhood" group. It's got a hundred or so people that live in our "neighborhood" which is about 14 blocks x 12 blocks or so. THE BIGGEST COMPLAINERS, WHINERS AND BULLIES EVER! A lot of bitching about dogs barking, people parking where someone else doesn't like it, mow your damn grass, you're beaters are trashing up the 'hood, your kids are too noisy, tell your kids to stay off my grass, slow down, blah blah blah. Ugh!

(08-18-2019, 08:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I belong to a FB group about "What's Happening" in my town. What could there be to argue about with something as simple as sharing things happening in your town?!?! Well, I found out...
It's crazy!

The worst FB group I'm in is a "neighborhood" group. It's got a hundred or so people that live in our "neighborhood" which is about 14 blocks x 12 blocks or so. THE BIGGEST COMPLAINERS, WHINERS AND BULLIES EVER! A lot of bitching about dogs barking, people parking where someone else doesn't like it, mow your damn grass, you're beaters are trashing up the 'hood, your kids are too noisy, tell your kids to stay off my grass, slow down, blah blah blah. Ugh!

I think nearly every community  has one of those now.
(08-18-2019, 08:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I belong to a FB group about "What's Happening" in my town. What could there be to argue about with something as simple as sharing things happening in your town?!?! Well, I found out...
It's crazy!

Have you seen the funny video about the facebook news channel?
(08-18-2019, 01:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
It's crazy!

Yes, I posted it to our neighborhood group. It's pretty spot on!

(08-18-2019, 02:51 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
It's crazy!

There is a couple. I liked the newscaster one better.
(08-18-2019, 09:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:
It's crazy!

That's the one I meant.
(08-19-2019, 11:48 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 09:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:
It's crazy!

That's the one I meant.

Ditto!
https://www.wonkette.com/facebook-you-du...t-headline

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/post-no-evil

About FB...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019...859593002/
(08-21-2019, 11:17 AM)bbqboy Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019...859593002/

. She says black people can't talk about racism on Facebook without risking having their posts removed and being locked out of their accounts in a punishment commonly referred to as "Facebook jail

What makes her think it's only black people who can't talk about racism on Facebook?

I'm pretty dams sure whoever or whatever bans people for talking about racism doesn't care or know what race the poster is.
Speaking of Wonky...
Eva (Clone) posted this on my Facebook 7 years ago today.
I miss her. [Image: a4d5392a57705cd7d001937513d511c8.jpg]

I watched a program about Amazonian tribes who walk away from the jungle and into civilization. They interviewed one guy. Guess what he said his favorite thing was about civilization and he didn't want to return to the jungle because of it?