The Inappropriately Named Planned "Parenthood"
(07-30-2015, 10:02 PM)Tiamat Wrote: You are disgusting. Your ignorance is so unspeakably offensive. You are the face of what is wrong with you anti planned parenthood fanatics. You really are so uneducated. Koolaide swallowing scum.

Like I always say... It's good to know who your neighbors are.  Smiling
(07-30-2015, 11:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 10:02 PM)Tiamat Wrote: You are disgusting. Your ignorance is so unspeakably offensive. You are the face of what is wrong with you anti planned parenthood fanatics. You really are so uneducated. Koolaide swallowing scum.

Sorry. But that was a quintessential example of the disconnect between what men know about women's health needs and reality.  If that was over the top, well..........I don't apologize.
(07-30-2015, 11:23 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sorry. But that was a quintessential example of the disconnect between what men know about women's health needs and reality.  If that was over the top, well..........I don't apologize.

No need to be sorry or apologize, at least to me anyway. I was just stating as I have many times that this forum is worth the price we pay  Smiling to know who are neighbors are. 
Men like that have no idea what it is be a woman in desperate need of some health care.. Someone you can go to for basic  health care, when you are desperate, poor, no family or friends. When you have an infection and are in need of medical attention. Infection that came solely from your female choice to "spread your legs" and not the mans choice to not keep it zipped up and in place.  The man's choice to walk away forever. No, it's never the man.

And the unwanted result: pregnancy. Once it is there are no looks back. The woman who has to go, alone, uncertain, afraid, to find help, relief, objective assistance. It's the woman who is there and has to figure it out and make life decisions without the sage wisdom of the contributing spermdoner. Except the unaffected "christian, conservatives" who come in and want to wipe this  help out based on some pumped up yellow journalistic propaganda they shovel down their throats like truth, when it's really corrupted, rotted Goering like media manipulation.
(07-30-2015, 11:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Men like that have no idea what it is be a woman in desperate need of some health care.. Someone you can go to for basic  health care, when you are desperate, poor, no family or friends. When you are infected and in need of medical attention. Infection that came solely from your female choice to spread your legs and not the mans choice to not keep it zipped up and in place.  The man's choice to walk away. Forever. No. Never the man.

From that:  pregnancy. No looks back. The woman who has to go, alone, uncertain, afraid, to find help, relief, objective assistance. Who is there and has to figure it out and make life decisions without the sage wisdom of the contributing spermdoner. Except for the unaffected "christian, conservatives" who come in and want to wipe this  help out based on some pumped up yellow journalistic propaganda they shovel down their throats like truth, when it's corrupted, rotted Goering like media manipulation.

I feel sorry for the daughters of these men, what they must endure and the secrets they must need to keep.   
LMAO. It IS good to finally get to know the neighbors....
I fully appreciate the views of the women on this space, and agree that women have control of their own bodies and reproduction. 
Having said that, we are talking about a moral issue and men, as well, have a say in this. 
For instance: There may be some women who use abortion as a form of birth control, allowing the fetus to grow into the third trimester and then aborting. I have a problem with this as I see a real difference between a fetus the size of a bean as compared to a fully formed unborn child. 

So...the conversation is not all THAT simple. 
I believe in a woman having the right to abort, up to 12 weeks.
I believe that NO taxpayer money should be used to fund abortion services.
I believe that taxpayer money can be used to fund agencies for women's reproductive health. Let me clarify that to include: annual exams, mammograms, condoms, birth control pills/shots (not the morning after pill), counseling on ALL choices when pregnant, pregnancy tests, STD testing & counseling, etc.
I also believe that the male involved in a relationship with a woman, should have a say in the case of unwanted pregnancy. If they are willing to pay for the medical bills, and the rearing of the child...they should be able to keep the child. Yes, I know this may really upset some women out there, but how many GOOD men have been stripped of a chance to be a father because their partner made the decision to abort? I actually know a few...these men were wrecked when they found out their children had been aborted without their consent. It's their tissue, too, ladies. Their DNA. I mean, if a woman can decide without the man to keep the child and then hit them up for child support, why can't the man decide to keep the child to raise? 
I believe that if you do not want to deal with the possible consequences of having intercourse, you shouldn't have it. Call me a prude or whatever you like, but abstinence until ready to deal with consequences is a viable option for anyone.
(07-31-2015, 05:58 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I fully appreciate the views of the women on this space, and agree that women have control of their own bodies and reproduction. 
Having said that, we are talking about a moral issue and men, as well, have a say in this. 
For instance: There may be some women who use abortion as a form of birth control, allowing the fetus to grow into the third trimester and then aborting. I have a problem with this as I see a real difference between a fetus the size of a bean as compared to a fully formed unborn child. 

Well, it's a multi layered conversation. If people want to talk about abortion as birth control and the morality of that, that's one aspect. My role in it is more about the function and value of PP as a resource to women.  Yes, I support a woman's right to choice. Yes, I believe she has some responsibility for her actions. Yes I believe that men should too. Too bad so many men just get away with not having to, leaving the woman make the difficult choices alone. Idiots like Larry who say the option is adoption. That's one option. And an ignorant statement, because he has no idea how difficult or even impossible that choice may be to carry out. Ignorance that PP's function is to perform abortions. In fact, based on his statements I can see he has no clue what it's like to be poor and female. I've never used PP for abortion. None of the PP's I ever went to even performed abortions. I used it for health care. It has an important role in society. It was and is an important resource. It's ignorance that makes people paint it in black and white brush strokes. It's typical male and right wing rhetoric that makes them try and dictate the health care of women, who paint ridiculous falsehoods to make their points.
(07-31-2015, 05:58 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I fully appreciate the views of the women on this space, and agree that women have control of their own bodies and reproduction. 

Moral issues are subjective and your morals are not mine. I could elaborate, but that says enough relative to dragging morals into the debate. 
(07-31-2015, 08:26 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Moral issues are subjective and your morals are not mine. I could elaborate, but that says enough relative to dragging morals into the debate. 

Debate and conversation are birds of a different feather. Still, no requirement to engage in either. 

And there is a place where morals and ethics intersect. We may not find it necessary to defend our morals but to not observe a standard of ethics leads us to dangerous places. 
So if it's just a clump of cells how can they determine the sex of the cells? If it's just a clump of cells then how can it have any worth? If we take the videos at face value it's actually a human being being extracted, really not much different than a kitten or puppy, or lion. Guess it would be okay to perform abortions on animals too then. Contrary to popular belief and what our astute colleagues here abortions for health purposes only account for about a thousand a year and only about 1% of those are legitimate. Tia all you are providing is anecdotal evidence the same stuff that hmmg was just chastised for. Remember the confederate flag didn't kill 90,0000 black babies last year planned parenthood did
How many black kids have ya'all adopted?  Ninja
OL is still busy milking the state.
(07-31-2015, 09:50 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: So if it's just a clump of cells how can they determine the sex of the cells? If it's just a clump of cells then how can it have any worth? If we take the videos at face value it's actually a human being being extracted, really not much different than a kitten or puppy, or lion. Guess it would be okay to perform abortions on animals too then. Contrary to popular belief and what our astute colleagues here abortions for health purposes only account for about a thousand a year and only about 1% of those are legitimate. Tia all you are providing is anecdotal evidence the same stuff that hmmg was just chastised for. Remember the confederate flag didn't kill 90,0000 black babies last year planned parenthood did

Like I said, OL, my anecdotes don't matter. But the fact is, Planned Parenthood doesn't exist solely for performing abortions. That's not an anecdote.
(07-31-2015, 09:50 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: So if it's just a clump of cells how can they determine the sex of the cells? If it's just a clump of cells then how can it have any worth? If we take the videos at face value it's actually a human being being extracted, really not much different than a kitten or puppy, or lion. Guess it would be okay to perform abortions on animals too then. Contrary to popular belief and what our astute colleagues here abortions for health purposes only account for about a thousand a year and only about 1% of those are legitimate. Tia all you are providing is anecdotal evidence the same stuff that hmmg was just chastised for. Remember the confederate flag didn't kill 90,0000 black babies last year planned parenthood did

Actually... I have a friend that had a small pregnant dog.  The vet did do an "abortion".  It is done.  Google it.  Enlighten yourself. 
It's just a social conservative lighting rod to zero in on PP. Do you think that PP exists only for the function of performing abortions? I think Larry and OL believe that.  Do you think that other clinics and offices don't offer the same services?  Why just PP?  3% of their services offered is towards abortion. Fed dollar free. But let's not focus on the other 97%. Let's focus on that. And not focus on the office down the street that does more than that percentage.  Because Planned Parenthood is the face of it.  Shut down the abortions. Do it.  Planned Parenthood will still be there offering services that are necessary and needed. But, yeah, that's like the confederate flag. Please. OK, Sarah Palin. 
1% of 1000 are for health reasons?
In a country of 330,000,000.
Documentation for such an astounding statistic?
The name of the thread is The Inappropriately named planned parenthood...Larry and others want to believe it stands for abortion clinic and no amount of documentation or citation will prove it otherwise to them despite the fact that it provides an overwhelming predominant number of other health services.  Ostriches.
We should be talking about Cecil. Razz