Cormorants Are Good People. Don't kill Them
This is just another example of killing people without good cause. It's not like they spray painted a church or tipped over somebody's outhouse or something. I knew Cormorant people when I was in 'The Home" and while I'll admit they kind of stink they are mostly good folks. And...11,000 of them! That's way over the top. Hey, kill a couple, leave the bodies out in the heat a couple of days and they will get the hint. This is an outrange. I'm going to write to Donald Trump about this. 

[b]Groups challenge 11,000 cormorant killings[/b] 

By Gosia Wozniacka

The Associated Press

PORTLAND — Conservation groups opposed to the ongoing killing of cormorants on the Columbia River to protect steelhead and salmon say they have documents showing a federal agency ignored a finding by its own biologists that the measure would not help the fish.

The Audubon Society of Portland and several other groups made the documents public Wednesday. They were obtained from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service under a court order.

The groups had challenged the killing in a federal lawsuit. In May, a judge declined to block the plan to shoot the cormorants, but the lawsuit is ongoing.

One of the newly disclosed documents is an analysis by U.S. Fish and Wildlife biologists concluding that killing double-breasted cormorants would not benefit Snake River steelhead — which are most affected by cormorant predation — because fish not eaten by the birds would be eaten by other predators.

“As a consequence, efforts to reduce cormorant predation on steelhead are expected to have no effect on Snake River steelhead population productivity or adult abundance,” the analysis says. It adds that killing cormorants is “similarly unlikely to benefit the
 productivity of... other salmonid populations.”
I never met a Cormorant, that I didn't like.
(08-15-2015, 05:07 PM)chuck white Wrote: I never met a Cormorant, that I didn't like.

See! Now that's what I'm talking about. People can live right across the street from one another and unless they make an effort to get to know one another this kind of prejudice can flare up. I bet the jerk who wrote that article never even got to know any Cormorants. Oh sure, he'd be the kind of guy who says "some of my best friends are Cormorants". The worst kind of people. 

PS: I didn't really read the article. I really intended to, but didn't have time because some damn spicks across the street were having a party and they invited a bunch of hebes, some Wops, and a Jap couple, and they were raising all kinds of hell and I couldn't keep my mind on the writing. 
(08-15-2015, 06:27 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 05:07 PM)chuck white Wrote: I never met a Cormorant, that I didn't like.

See! Now that's what I'm talking about. People can live right across the street from one another and unless they make an effort to get to know one another this kind of prejudice can flare up. I bet the jerk who wrote that article never even got to know any Cormorants. Oh sure, he'd be the kind of guy who says "some of my best friends are Cormorants". The worst kind of people. 

PS: I didn't really read the article. I really intended to, but didn't have time because some damn spicks across the street were having a party and they invited a bunch of hebes, some Wops, and a Jap couple, and they were raising all kinds of hell and I couldn't keep my mind on the writing. 

You are going to PC hell.
(08-15-2015, 06:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 06:27 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You are going to PC hell.

How come?
OH! You mean because I said "they were raising all kinds of hell". Got cha.