Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
I thought I'd make a new thread for stuff viewed on Netflix because Netflix movies don't seem a good fit in the movie thread as it should be used for current movies in a theater. Same thing regarding the television thread. It seems weird to post about old TV shows that may not currently on TV but you just watched for the first time streaming.

Anyone watch "Saving Grace?" I'm at the beginning of season 2 and really liking it. I don't want to describe the show since you can just wiki search it, but I will say the storyline is based both on police crime show and religion/anti- religion. I think the non-believers will like this more because Holly Hunter is terrific as a God hater. 

Check it out, but if you do, give it 3-4-5 shows or more. What's not to love about Leon Rippy as an Angel? 

[Image: D4rbO2yE8g4.jpg]
I like some of the older BBC series. The occasional British series when I can get them.
(08-22-2015, 11:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I like some of the older BBC series. The occasional British series when I can get them.

I like V/S's idea of separating the streaming sites from movies. Boy, how quickly things can change, and for many of us watching movies (and other things) over streaming services has become the default. So, I agree with you V/S and like the idea of chatting about things seen "streaming" vs. Movies. 

I haven't' seen "Amazing Grace". Will look it up. My "go to" streaming site is Netflix, but recently added Amazon Instant video. LOTS and LOTS of titles, so the odds we will all have a many shows to discuss. 

Like Tia, I too watch a lot of BBC stuff on streaming sites. But, I've noticed lately that more and more original contnet (House of Cards) is coming online. 

So, since you mentioned "Amazing Grace" I'll have a look and return to comment.  
(08-23-2015, 09:52 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 11:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I like some of the older BBC series. The occasional British series when I can get them.

I like V/S's idea of separating the streaming sites from movies. Boy, how quickly things can change, and for many of us watching movies (and other things) over streaming services has become the default. So, I agree with you V/S and like the idea of chatting about things seen "streaming" vs. Movies. 

I haven't' seen "Amazing Grace". Will look it up. My "go to" streaming site is Netflix, but recently added Amazon Instant video. LOTS and LOTS of titles, so the odds we will all have a many shows to discuss. 

Like Tia, I too watch a lot of BBC stuff on streaming sites. But, I've noticed lately that more and more original contnet (House of Cards) is coming online. 

"Saving Grace."  Big Grin
(08-23-2015, 10:08 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Well hell, V/S, give me some time! I NEVER get it the first time.  Embarrassed 

Yeah. Found "Saving Grace" on Amazon Streaming but not on Netflix. I'm not sure I will stay with Amazon Prime. (Got it for reasons that no longer make sense). They do have titles not on Netflix, but wonder just how much of this stuff I really need. I'm more of a book person, but do enjoy some video stuff and have long enjoyed movies. Any will give SAVING GRACE a look and get back to you. 
(08-23-2015, 11:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Yeah. Found "Saving Grace" on Amazon Streaming but not on Netflix. I'm not sure I will stay with Amazon Prime. (Got it for reasons that no longer make sense). They do have titles not on Netflix, but wonder just how much of this stuff I really need. I'm more of a book person, but do enjoy some video stuff and have long enjoyed movies. Any will give SAVING GRACE a look and get back to you. 

I'm thinking you didn't look for it very well... http://www.netflix.com/search/saving%252...bp=0&jbr=0 
Just finished the 1st episode of "Saving Grace" on Netflix... I will be watching more.
(08-23-2015, 11:38 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 11:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm thinking you didn't look for it very well... http://www.netflix.com/search/saving%252...bp=0&jbr=0 
Thanks Scrapper. When I searched for it earlier today Netflix told me is was available only on CD disc. 
(08-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Thanks Scrapper. When I searched for it earlier today Netflix told me is was available only on CD disc. 

Amazing Grace is only available on disk.  Razz
(08-23-2015, 03:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Thanks Scrapper. When I searched for it earlier today Netflix told me is was available only on CD disc. 

Amazing Grace is only available on disk.  Razz

Wow. I made TWO mistakes doing ONE thing. Hey, finally I've discovered my talent!  Embarrassed
(08-23-2015, 03:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 03:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Amazing Grace is only available on disk. 

Wow. I made TWO mistakes doing ONE thing. Hey, finally I've discovered my talent!  Embarrassed
Bwahahaha!
Hey V/S...Thanks!

I watched first episode of "Saving Grace". A hoot, as we used to say. I've see Leon Rippy (The angel) in lots of things but can't remember any of them. Good actor. 

I normally am not attracted to "Fantasy" stuff, but this is different and fun. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I may just do a "marathon" thing and watch a bunch of 'em. I've enjoyed (some) of Holly Hunter's work for a long time and I think she has this part nailed. 

PS: Years ago Holly Hunter did a "little move" with Danny De Vito called "Living out Loud" that I liked. If you tire of sorting your sock drawer you might want to give it a look. 
Netflix. Colin Quinn ~ Unconstitutional.

Left or right, I think you will enjoy this. No one should agree with everything, but everyone should come away with something.
(08-26-2015, 07:28 PM)Hugo Wrote: Netflix.  Colin Quinn ~ Unconstitutional.

Left or right, I think you will enjoy this.  No one should agree with everything, but everyone should come away with something.

Bookmarked it...hope to watch it soon. 
Transformers: Age of Extinction

Hubby rated it 3 of 5 stars.  I didn't pay attention to much of it but, from what I did see, I would give it 1 star.  Just not my thing.
(08-27-2015, 06:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Hubby rated it 3 of 5 stars.  I didn't pay attention to much of it but, from what I did see, I would give it 1 star.  Just not my thing.

Yeah. I have no interest in Transformers.
(08-27-2015, 07:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Yeah. I have no interest in Transformers.

My neighbor (aged 8) gave it four starts.  Laughing
I just finished Saving Grace. Despite a lot of weak moments, there was more than enough really good scenes and storylines to keep me watching. Holly Hunter was THE definite standout in the show with some really gritty acting. 

Anyone give it a look? Or should I say further look?
(09-08-2015, 11:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I just finished Saving Grace. Despite a lot of weak moments, there was more than enough really good scenes and storylines to keep me watching. Holly Hunter was THE definite standout in the show with some really gritty acting. 

I watched it when it came out. I couldn't finish it. But that's just me.
(09-09-2015, 07:21 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 11:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I just finished Saving Grace. Despite a lot of weak moments, there was more than enough really good scenes and storylines to keep me watching. Holly Hunter was THE definite standout in the show with some really gritty acting. 

I watched it when it came out. I couldn't finish it. But that's just me.

And me. I watched the first three episodes and am kind of guessing the rest will be a lot more of the same. Holly Hunter nails the character, and it's well paced and never boring, but kind of a "one trick pony" I'd guess. Whatever, not willing to stick around and see if they make significant plot changes. Still, for those looking for something adult and plot driven, it might be worth a look.