Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
Counterpart.... anyone?
(03-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote: VS... have you done Breaking Bad? Shameless? Ozark?
BTW, none are suitable for the kiddos.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I've watched BB and liked it ok, but I think there are just too many seasons to try to get through. I gave Shameless a shot when it first came out but meh for me. I'll check out Osark, I think I saw Bateman on a talk show once and it sounded good.
(03-04-2018, 03:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 12:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:49 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 11:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Just started a one month free trial. Anyone care to list your top five picks?

Thanks!

Free trial of what?

Oh sorry.  Embarrassed  Netflix. They have 4 or 5 movies my kids want to see and I stopped Netflix after season one of Stranger Things so something there for me too. We'll see how it goes....

I enjoyed "End of the f**ing world"

Ok. You DO like the British accent don't you? Smiling
(03-04-2018, 03:27 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 11:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Just started a one month free trial. Anyone care to list your top five picks?

Thanks!

Free trial of what?

Oh sorry.  Embarrassed  Netflix. They have 4 or 5 movies my kids want to see and I stopped Netflix after season one of Stranger Things so something there for me too. We'll see how it goes....

ozark

F is for Family

comedians in cars getting coffee

I've see this.... Did you see Baldwin and Seinfeld last night after the Oscars?
(03-05-2018, 03:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Thanks!

Free trial of what?

ozark

F is for Family

Heard about Baldwin's new show, but did not see it.
(03-05-2018, 03:44 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 03:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:49 AM)Juniper Wrote: Free trial of what?

ozark

F is for Family

Heard about Baldwin's new show, but did not see it.

I saw it , not impressed, turned it off after a few minutes. but I suppose it's all about the guest and I just watched a Seinfeld bio somewhere else recently.
(03-05-2018, 03:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote: VS... have you done Breaking Bad? Shameless? Ozark?

I've watched BB and liked it ok, but I think there are just too many seasons to try to get through. I gave Shameless a shot when it first came out but meh for me. I'll check out Osark, I think I saw Bateman on a talk show once and it sounded good.

You must not have liked it much if you call watching it , trying to get through it.
I would have liked to see even more but it probably would have jumped the shark.

I need more Better call Saul too.. Both were fantastic compared to most TV IMO

Shameless.. Not so much
(03-05-2018, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You must not have liked it much if you call watching it , trying to get through it.
I would have liked to see even more but it probably would have jumped the shark.

Shameless.. Not so much

I was thinking this. Laughing

How many hours is breaking bad in total?

The average "Breaking Bad" episode, for example, is 47 minutes long, but the total it returns for the the full 62 episodes over the show's five seasons is 2 days, 14 hours -- or 62 hours. In contrast, choose one season of the show and it returns a total time of 12 hours 24 minutes, which is a more exact total.May 28, 2014
(03-05-2018, 05:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Shameless.. Not so much

The average "Breaking Bad" episode, for example, is 47 minutes long, but the total it returns for the the full 62 episodes over the show's five seasons is 2 days, 14 hours -- or 62 hours. In contrast, choose one season of the show and it returns a total time of 12 hours 24 minutes, which is a more exact total.May 28, 2014

So watch an episode a day, I've sat on the john longer than 47 mins before  Razz  . It is well worth the time investment, ive watched the whole series twice, and the final 2 seasons, a third. I am sure you can spare an extra 45 mins a day, hell, you spend at least an hour a day on trumps twitter feed  Wink
Shameless, watched the first few episodes, I tired of it quickly.

Shameless.. Not so much

Well, if that matters to you...I guess you won't watch it.

I liked Happy Valley.  It's a British cop show, two seasons, with a continuous running story. I liked it. I really like that the British cop shows show women as real women, not fashion models running down criminals in 4 inch heels and plunging necklines.  It's a well done show with good actors.   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3428912/
(03-05-2018, 03:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 03:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Thanks!

Free trial of what?

I enjoyed "End of the f**ing world"

Ok. You DO like the British accent don't you? Smiling

I like UK shows...sometimes I even watch a Swedish, or Icelandic or Danish shows..I don't mind subtitles. I just find them better. Better written. Better portrayed.  Shetland is good also. So, yeah, I like the Brit shows, but Breaking Bad to my mind is close to Shakespearean.
(03-05-2018, 07:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like UK shows...sometimes I even watch a Swedish, or Icelandic or Danish shows..I don't mind subtitles. I just find them better. Better written. Better portrayed.  Shetland is good also. So, yeah, I like the Brit shows, but Breaking Bad to my mind is close to Shakespearean.

Well for me, it's a bit too realistic and reminds me of a part of my past I'd rather forget.  Surprised Big Grin
(03-05-2018, 08:29 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 07:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like UK shows...sometimes I even watch a Swedish, or Icelandic or Danish shows..I don't mind subtitles. I just find them better. Better written. Better portrayed.  Shetland is good also. So, yeah, I like the Brit shows, but Breaking Bad to my mind is close to Shakespearean.

Well for me, it's a bit too realistic and reminds me of a part of my past I'd rather forget.  Surprised  Big Grin

Breaking Bad or British shows? Big Grin
(03-05-2018, 08:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well for me, it's a bit too realistic and reminds me of a part of my past I'd rather forget.  Surprised  Big Grin

Shakespeare.
(03-05-2018, 07:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Shameless.. Not so much

I liked Happy Valley.  It's a British cop show, two seasons, with a continuous running story. I liked it. I really like that the British cop shows show women as real women, not fashion models running down criminals in 4 inch heels and plunging necklines.  It's a well done show with good actors.   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3428912/
It's not just the women ,the cop shows here are ridiculous as far as ANYTHING being accurate or real.
What about the men? They are just as phony.
Especially when you watch the first 48 and you see real homicide cops and real murderers. But I can see how that's boring to some.
For me it's funny to hear people talking about how fake reality or documentary style shows are and yet they watch TV shows where every person is an actor reading a script.
(03-06-2018, 12:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 03:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I've watched BB and liked it ok, but I think there are just too many seasons to try to get through. I gave Shameless a shot when it first came out but meh for me. I'll check out Osark, I think I saw Bateman on a talk show once and it sounded good.

Shameless.. Not so much

It's not just the women ,the cop shows here are ridiculous as far as ANYTHING being accurate or real.
Especially when you watch the first 48 and you see real homicide cops and real murderers. But I can see how that's boring to some.
For me it's funny to hear people talking about how fake reality or documentary style shows are and yet they watch TV shows where every person is an actor reading a script.

Yes, it's true, but there's a bit more range for the men, at least I think, for a cop to portrayed as a little dumpy, craggy, a bit run down.  Not much.  But a bit more. The CSI and NCIS programs show ridiculous versions of cops.  Only law and order. Because law and order is actually well written and developed.
(03-05-2018, 09:38 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 08:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Shakespeare.

You have Shakespeare related trauma?
(03-06-2018, 06:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 12:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: You must not have liked it much if you call watching it , trying to get through it.

Shameless.. Not so much

Yes, it's true, but there's a bit more range for the men, at least I think, for a cop to portrayed as a little dumpy, craggy, a bit run down.  Not much.  But a bit more. The CSI and NCIS programs show ridiculous versions of cops.  Only law and order. Because law and order is actually well written and developed.

It all went downhill with Caruso and those dumb ass sun glasses Razz

Actually all the was back to NYPD blue the female cops were gorgeous.
I tried the Netflix app on my phone today. You can now download a show or movie when you have wifi and watch it later when you don't have it, like say driving. Nifty.  Big Grin