Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
The Harvest
http://www.netflix.com/title/80047682
I thought 3 stars, Hubby thought 2 stars.  So you can see we weren't very excited about it.  That said... the mother on this movie scared the shit out of me!   Twitch  
(09-17-2015, 09:34 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The Harvest
http://www.netflix.com/title/80047682
I thought 3 stars, Hubby thought 2 stars.  So you can see we weren't very excited about it.  That said... the mother on this movie scared the shit out of me!   Twitch  

Thanks, I'll put on my list. I've been watching S-4 of Longmire. Not the best show but sometimes it's nice not to commit to nearly 2 hours for a movie. 
Anyone watch Warehouse 13? It's rated pretty high on numerous sites...
I see Wild is on HBO. Filmed in Oregon?
I've been watching American Horror Story: Coven. I really like it (even with its hokey moments) and it's getting me in the mood for Halloween. I was delighted to see Stevie Nicks show up in episode 10.  Big Grin

Anyone see Redwood Highway? It's on Netfix streaming if you want to see it. Found it on the "List of Lists of Oregon thread.  Laughing Filmed in AshlandTalentPhoenixGrants PassCave Junction, and Brookings.

This afternoon I watched "A Walk on the Moon".  I enjoyed it; gave it 4 stars.
(10-14-2015, 03:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone see Redwood Highway? It's on Netfix streaming if you want to see it. Found it on the "List of Lists of Oregon thread.  Laughing Filmed in AshlandTalentPhoenixGrants PassCave Junction, and Brookings.

Anyone? I'm watching now. It's a decent movie made more interesting having been to so many of the locations they filmed it. Have a look.... 
Tweakers!  Surprised  Laughing
(10-29-2015, 10:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-14-2015, 03:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone see Redwood Highway? It's on Netfix streaming if you want to see it. Found it on the "List of Lists of Oregon thread.   Filmed in AshlandTalentPhoenixGrants PassCave Junction, and Brookings.

Anyone? I'm watching now. It's a decent movie made more interesting having been to so many of the locations they filmed it. Have a look.... 
We watched it last week. Best part was seeing the Blur! LOL Actually, it was 'okay'. Slow, mediocre acting... but little glimpses of home were nice.
Fury... Holy crapola! Good movie, but...
Here's Everything Leaving Netflix In December. 

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/11/98290/...2015#slide
(11-27-2015, 06:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Here's Everything Leaving Netflix In December. 

I'm disappointed in Netflix. They seem to be putting their focus into their series, which can be quite good. But a lot of show that are series that are NOT Netflix but used to be shown on Netflix are now on Amazon. This is frustrating. I'm really not interested in jumping around to see shows. It's like having to choose premium channels if you want them.  Good for them, bad for me.  Makes me crazy.
(11-27-2015, 09:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 06:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Here's Everything Leaving Netflix In December. 

I'm disappointed in Netflix. They seem to be putting their focus into their series, which can be quite good. But a lot of show that are series that are NOT Netflix but used to be shown on Netflix are now on Amazon. This is frustrating. I'm really not interested in jumping around to see shows. It's like having to choose premium channels if you want them.  Good for them, bad for me.  Makes me crazy.

I knew something did. Razz

I'm in the middle of watching "Legends" and getting my little one headed to the shower so please look at this and then tell me what you think. You need to have wifi, but you won't need cable TV unless there is something very important to you you can't get on Roku.

Quote:I'm in the middle of watching "Legends." 

BTW this is very good....
(11-27-2015, 10:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I'm in the middle of watching "Legends" and getting my little one headed to the shower so please look at this and then tell me what you think. You need to have wifi, but you won't need cable TV unless there is something very important to you you can't get on Roku.

Yeah, that's not gonna work for me, till I get a 21st century television. I have digital tv but not equipped with HDMI, portals or anything else.  So, I'd have to update to a new TV before I could use that.  Then it sounds like it might be nice.  However I've heard people say, that with it,  you  still  need to pay for the stations you use, like Netflix...is that not so?
(11-28-2015, 10:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, that's not gonna work for me, till I get a 21st century television. I have digital tv but not equipped with HDMI, portals or anything else.  So, I'd have to update to a new TV before I could use that.  Then it sounds like it might be nice.  However I've heard people say, that with it,  you  still  need to pay for the stations you use, like Netflix...is that not so?

There are hundreds of free stations but you do need to pay for channels like Netflix. What do you pay for cable TV? I'll bet you could buy a few pay channels for half what cable costs. 

http://cordcutting.com/roku-channels/
(11-28-2015, 10:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 10:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Yeah, that's not gonna work for me, till I get a 21st century television. I have digital tv but not equipped with HDMI, portals or anything else.  So, I'd have to update to a new TV before I could use that.  Then it sounds like it might be nice.  However I've heard people say, that with it,  you  still  need to pay for the stations you use, like Netflix...is that not so?

I'd be the last to know, but: I do have Netflix (Streaming) and Amazon Prime Video. Yep...not free. I also pay a kings ransom (about 200 bucks a month) to Charter because I have high speed internet, phone, and the DVR box with HBO and Showtime. Proving I'm as crazy as a loon (but you knew that!).

I need the phone of course (don't have a smart phone, and I've been happy with the phone service) and I feel I need the Internet connection, and I enjoy the DVR feature to record the few thing I actually watch on TV. I thought I going back to Basic Cable but think I loose the DVR feature (?) and don't save ALL that much by discontinuing the premium channels. 

Such is life. There are days when I long for the TV that needed manual channel switching, 3 major networks, and PBS. 

But that was then, this is now, and that horse has left the barn. ("How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm ...." ) 

So many options! And they all cost money. Catch 22 comes to mind. 

Whatever... Wink
(11-28-2015, 10:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 10:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, that's not gonna work for me, till I get a 21st century television. I have digital tv but not equipped with HDMI, portals or anything else.  So, I'd have to update to a new TV before I could use that.  Then it sounds like it might be nice.  However I've heard people say, that with it,  you  still  need to pay for the stations you use, like Netflix...is that not so?

There are hundreds of free stations but you do need to pay for channels like Netflix. What do you pay for cable TV? I'll bet you could buy a few pay channels for half what cable costs. 

http://cordcutting.com/roku-channels/

Yes, I did the math, and even with a couple of pay channels like netfilx, I suppose it will come in  cheaper. Even Hulu's not free.
I pay for Hi Speed internet. No phone. And the Cable.  But I hardly watch the cable. So, something like this would be really great. First though, I'd have to invest in a new television to handle the technology.  Not sure if that day is any time in the  near future.