Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(12-05-2016, 07:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 10:35 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 08:24 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 06:11 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This is one of my favorite movies. Javier Bardem delivers some of the best lines in this movie. I recommend it as well.

He was an excellent bad guy wasn't he? I didn't care for the ending, at least late last night while I was struggling to stay awake. I think I'll watch the last 10 or 15 min again and see if that opinion holds.

The Coen Brothers do that. My own feeling is that I watch the ending of "No Country..." as a kind of poetry. One takes from it what one sees maybe. 
For real Coen Brothers poetry, have a look at "Barton Fink". Now THAT, for me, was way beyond poetry I can understand. 
I hope to NEVER meet a character like that played by Javier Bardem! 

You know a movie is good when you never during the film think about the repairs you have to make to the roof.
Actually, you just named one of my "movie tests".   I have tests for whether a movie is good or not. The first one is the "coffee pot test". or so I call it.  It means if I can watch this in the movie theater and not start wondering if I left the coffee pot on, it's pretty good.  Test two is: Believably. It doesn't matter if the movie isn't believable, what matters is do I believe the characters in the movie?  Star Wars is a good example. I don't really find the setting all that believable but the characters and the world are believable so I believe it.  Success.  Test three:  Do I care?  If I care about the characters that is a good sign. If I don't, test three fails.  Test four and this one is a biggy for me.  Do I think about this movie afterwards?  If I find myself thinking about a movie and replaying scenes in my mind and wanting to see those again that's a huge indicator to me that the movie was a good one.  I've seen several movies recently and honestly can't even remember anything about them the next day.  So test four is important. I think that's my main "rules for if a movie is good."   Laughing Laughing I know you all were dying to hear my movie tests! Big Grin

Is there still a coffee pot that doesn't turn itself off? LOL What do you have a percolator?? Sell that thing on ebay Laughing

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 12-05-2016, 07:24 PM