Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(12-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 07:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 10:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 10:49 AM)Scrapper Wrote: On the second season of 'Shameless'.  Has not ceased to amaze, shock, surprise, sadden... and has even made me LOL.  I'm totally hooked.

Proving, once again, that we all have differnt tastes. I watched a couple eposides and I felt the show contains a lot of shame. I kept thinking they were aiming for satire or irony, but don't think so. 
I'm sure I'm in the minority. It must do well or they would not renew it. 

Glad you enjoy it. We all get to pick the things that please us.

How preachy.  Well, IMO

Actually I don't watch Shameless either. I did for at least two seasons but it does make a person uncomfortable.  It IS called  Shameless.  It is based on British Shameless, but it really doesn't resemble it. The British version is very cute and kind of silly. Not nitty gritty and shocking and embarrassing like this one. Anyway, it was was a bit too boundary pushing for me and sad.  There are plot hooks that can pull you in and I think that's why I stayed with it, but I'm done now.  Walking Dead kind of did that too me also.
My better self tell me to leave this alone. So much for my better self. 

Tia says, to me, "How preachy. Well, IMO." 

In my post I remarked that while I didn't enjoy it (and said why) I also said "I'm sure I'm in the minority" and "Glad you enjoy it". "We all get to pick the things that please us". 

So I'm wondering just how we express opinons here without being "preachy" or in some way causing others to react in ways that might turn off dialog? 

Whatever: Millions of folks are watching "Shameless" and it not only attracts an audience but some gifted actors. I'd like to be able to express opinions about social stuff (especially) without be "preachy". 

If anyone would like to share some input about that I'd be grateful. 

Or not. That works too. Whatever, I'll remain curious.

OKaaaayyyyyyyyy....it wasn't preachy. In fact it was me....being snarky. Apologies.  Couldn't help myself. Embarrassed

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by Juniper - 12-05-2016, 07:44 PM