Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(01-28-2017, 02:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 01:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 05:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 11:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 07:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: When was the last time you went out to a movie? Any movie?

Hmmmmm. I can't remember. It's been a few years. I don't remember the movie. But I remember the foul smell of old popcorn and dirty carpet. People coughing, talking. kids crying.
The person behind me bumping my seat.

Anyway unless you didn't get it? I don't particular;lary like going to movies Razz

Me neither, but don't you occasionally want to see a movie on the big screen?

No not at all. Because of the reasons above. I seem to be just as happy in my home with (Like everyone else) the nicest TV I have ever owned and with the best sound system. And a couch instead of a seat where you share the armrest Razz

But I should give it a try and maybe go to a nice theater somewhere.

You have a valid point about the many distractions that can ruin the experience of a good movie. I've been know to turn and tell people "this is not TV and you are not home, please stop chatting so I can enjoy the movie". (So far, have not beeen stabbed or shot). 

But that doesn't stop me from seeing those movies that Tia (sorry...Tiamant) reasons can only be truly appreciated on the Big Screen. 

So, I most often go to movies early in the evening (before 6 PM) but late it in the day. Mrs. Wonky and I have found fewer distractions during these times. Works for us, but may not be the time when lots of folks want to see a movie. 

And we enjoy the fact that at Tinseltown with stadium seating there is not a bad seat in the house. 

But, I do sometimes try to find the pause button so I can go pee.  Razz

I don't think I would have that problem, depends.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 01-28-2017, 06:27 PM