Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(05-01-2017, 08:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 06:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 02:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 06:47 AM)Juniper Wrote: I've been in a no TV mode. It happens from time to time.  I just get interested in whatever book I'm reading and I stop caring about TV for the time being.
I was considering watching 11/22/63, with James Franco, but haven't bothered yet.

That's kind of why I quit reading books. I could never put them down. I would end up reading instead of sleeping.
Books are bad for you. There should be a ban.

It's a good time for no TV.. there's not much on that's any good.
Not even in the mood for Sunday tv which I usually like PBS on Sunday nights.  But, nah, I think I'll read.

Me too.
I recorded "Fargo" and while I thought it was interesting (I missed the earlier seasons) my hand got tired of fast-forwarding through all the many long commercial breaks. HOLY COW! I don't remember watching stuff on Fx before, but had no idea they sold so much soap. 
Thank the gods for the DVR. Fun show, but I think your are right, Tia. Reading so much more relaxing and I can do it all over the house in a variety of positions. 

I'm rereading "The Eighth Day", Thornton Wilder's book of some 70+ years ago. Good that I don't remember it well. Just finished books about the assassinations of Garfield and McKinley so now I've read about all the presidents who were shot while in office.  (Macabre, I guess)  Wink

my hand got tired of fast-forwarding through all the many long commercial breaks

You are probably just not very good at it , like my wife. Razz  I click until it's speed three and 5 minutes of commercials are gone in something like 10 seconds" or so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 05-01-2017, 01:30 PM