Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(05-02-2017, 07:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 04:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 02:45 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 05:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: I can't speak for all DVR boxes, but you should have a skip forward button on the remote. in the case of Dish it jumps 30 seconds forward and the skip back jumps back 10 seconds. Way easier than trying to ff.

I'll have to look and see. I have Direct TV.

No clue if this will be helpful, but after a quick search I'd say, yes you probably have the feature but you may need to do some searching to enable. This is what I found, of course the post is from 2013, so it may be useless.

If you have a DirecTV DVR (model HR2X) and remote, your remote may already have a "slip" button on it that will essentially fast forward for 30 seconds. It's not the same as actually skipping 30 seconds ahead in one tap, but it probably covers more time. Still, you can customize the behavior of that button so it's a "skip" and not a "slip" if you prefer. According to TV Predictions, this is how you do it:
  1. Press MENU.
  2. Browse to Search and Browse and click it.
  3. Browse down to Smart Search, and press Select.
  4. Type in 30SKIP.
  5. Press the red button on your remote. Make sure the ALL header is highlighted.
  6. Press SELECT.
  7. You may see a message that says "There are no matching programs." That's okay.
  8. Press EXIT
Now, the fast forward button will skip forward 30 seconds every time you tap it. Tap the button four or five times when a commercial break starts, and you should be clear of all of the commercials in pretty short order. If you don't like the change and want to undo it, just follow the steps above and use the code 30SLIP instead of 30SKIP, and it should go back to normal.
The folks over at Wired back up this method, and point out that it also works on DirecTV HR20-700s, as well as the newer HR2X models, as long as they've been updated recently.

I lied.
My TV has a knob to select channels. I have to get up. But I learned years ago that if I throw an empty beer bottle at the controls it skips forward. Handy when watching My Mother The Car. 
If that don't work I tell the old woman to get up and change channels. If that don't work (never does) I just watch what is on. (Usually Law & Order) 
But I have both UHF and VHF and the clothes hanger is finally in the perfect spot to eliminate most of the snow.
My hope it to get a lave lamp to sit on top of it soon. 
(I already have the Elvis picture that glows in the dark) 
Anybody know what channel Gunsmoke is on? Don't want to miss Miss Kitty!

Laughing Laughing You funny. I remember having a TV that rolled. No not like a tumble weed but like the horizontal bar thing.
All you had to do was smack it and it would stop.
So I ended up keeping a broom next to my recliner.

I also had a VCR that didn't work until I pulled the top off and strategically stuck a pencil in to a certain part.

Gun smoke is on the western channel but all they show are reruns.

Just watch: Some young guy (or gal) is going to rewrite Gunsmoke, put it on Netflix and make a killing. Matt Dillion will have a "man cave" above the Hardware store where he hits the opium pipe, Miss Kitty will be a recovering Laudanum addict,  promiscuous but lovable, Doc will be played by a young gay guy who left St. Louis in disgrace, there will be no Festus, but a new character who wanders out at night to visit with Zombies, and a Native American will be the mayor. Chester will be played by an transgender who has TWO bad legs. 

Each week will feature a "Movie Star" who no one wants for movie roles anymore. (Tom Selleck will be the first guest)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by Wonky3 - 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM