Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(08-03-2017, 05:08 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 04:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 08:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 03:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: You have a different take on this than I do. Your immediate reaction was to blame the dad.
While you are right I don't think that is the point at all.
I think the point is it IS brainwashing and I don't usually hear people blaming the victim instead of the one doing the brain washing.
We don't normally assume only the "simple minded" are able to be brainwashed.
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Really? Anyone who restricts their information to talk radio is not brainwashed. Just to dumb to fish. There are newspapers, books, periodicals (magazines) blogs, and social interactions with others who may have different views.

Believe it or not there are a lot of people who have no interest in politics whatsoever. Personally I don't blame them
  Because it's so hard now days to get the truth.
Talk radio can be about a lot of subjects and not politics only. So lets say you drive to work and it's a long commute. Or you drive a truck or farm equipment or whatever.. That's boring as hell so now you have someone who otherwise would not  pay any attention newspapers, books, periodicals (magazines) blogs, and social interactions"

Who listens to talk radio and suddenly they are outraged. Because the way talk radio works is you put out a story about something or someone that makes you angry.
That how they get people to call in.

So now we have tens of millions of people who THINK they know a lot about social issues and politics. And they have no clue they have spent thousands of hours listening to ONLY the right and the far right.

Not to mention out right lunatics like Alex Jones.

I work with a guy you just described. He now honestly believes the earth is flat and the Apollo space flights were fake news.   Confused

I know a flat earther also, he used to send me links and vids, etc, all the time, not so much anymore after I told him it was time to dial down the crazy. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by GPnative - 08-03-2017, 06:54 PM