Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(08-04-2017, 04:11 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 08:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 03:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 08:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Yep, I watched this. 
"Dad" was "Turned" by listening to talk radio. 
Well "Dad", your life appears to have been narrow and simple to a fault. 
Dad should have considered reading a bit too.  Big Grin
Or listening to others around him who had divergent views.
Or converting to a Pentecostal Holy-Roller religion and handling snakes. 
Dad, you were primed and ready.
Sorry dad, but simple minds are easily manipulated. 
Lesson: Watch a little, read a little, listen a little, discuss things, and if all fails learn to fish.

You have a different take on this than I do. Your immediate reaction was to blame the dad.
While you are right I don't think that is the point at all.
I think the point is it IS brainwashing and I don't usually hear people blaming the victim instead of the one doing the brain washing.
We don't normally assume only the "simple minded" are able to be brainwashed.
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Really? Anyone who restricts their information to talk radio is not brainwashed. Just to dumb to fish. There are newspapers, books, periodicals (magazines) blogs, and social interactions with others who may have different views.
does NPR qualify as "Talk Radio"?  that's the only Radio I listen to anymore.
  I think it does, a little.Tune in often if you want to hear some brainiac talk about a fascinating study about why Musk Ox butt heads and how it affects their cognitive abilities.
And for sure when there is a break instead of hearing a commercial you will be subjected to some absurd Oboe music with no rhyme or reason.. for so long you wonder if they will EVER get back to the program.

Just kidding. But not. NPR has interviews with all kinds of fascinating people. And I like science Friday.. I like anything "science" Smiling
And they rarely cater to the outraged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 08-04-2017, 04:25 PM