Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(03-16-2018, 04:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 01:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 01:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: Honesty? Realism? Good luck with that in most movies. This is why I watch so many reality TV shows and documentaries.

Well, I'm pretty picky. I good with a good dose of dark humor also.
When I see "dark humor" I instantly think of Tom Hanks in the Lady Killers.

I think of The Full Monty, Trainspotting 1 and  2 (VERY dark) Fight Club, Shaun of the Dead, Snatch, Fargo, In Bruges, The Chumscrubber and a lot of others.  Tim Burton sometimes is very funny and also the Cohen Brothers do it well.

You think of ALL that from just hearing the word dark humor? Blink Big Grin  Fargo is a great example. Or Pulp fiction.

I could come up with some more. Big Grin

Watching "A Wild Wild  Country" on Netflix about The Rajneshies in Oregon.
Gleason on Amazon Prime.

It's riveting.
(06-04-2018, 11:37 AM)GPnative Wrote: Gleason on Amazon Prime.

It's riveting.

Sounds like a real tear jerker . It had great reviews but probably not for me.
It's a two year old movie so if it shows up on direct TV I'll give it a try.
Last Tango in Halifax on Netflix
Goliath is back on Prime.
Anyone watching Better Call Saul S-4? I'm having a hard time getting into this season.
(08-14-2018, 09:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone watching Better Call Saul S-4? I'm having a hard time getting into this season.

I missed the start of the season and they aren't showing it on On Demand yet....so, now...but I find Better Call Saul while an excellent show to be very slow in general.
(08-14-2018, 09:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 09:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone watching Better Call Saul S-4? I'm having a hard time getting into this season.

I missed the start of the season and they aren't showing it on On Demand yet....so, now...but I find Better Call Saul while an excellent show to be very slow in general.

Try the website.

https://www.amc.com/shows/better-call-sa...e-01/smoke

Yes, it is only 2 episodes in so don't give up on it yet.

But I am enjoying it. There is a larger story building, with current day donut shop working Saul.
(08-14-2018, 10:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Try the website.

Thanks.  I'm actually ok on television watching...I've got a another show I'm watching (yes, it has an accent)   (no offence and Endeavor) and a couple of films on my list....Just watched The Glass  Castle on Hulu, that was good. So, I know that eventually I'll catch up with Better Call Saul.
(08-14-2018, 10:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Try the website.

I binge watched the 1st 3 seasons over the course of the last 3 weeks. And I'm DVRing season 4. I thought that season 4 episode 1 was possibly the worst episode ever. Episode 2 was much better. At this point, I'm more interested in the storyline surrounding Mike then the than the one about Jimmy. I've never really been much for series TV. Watching Saul, Game of Thrones and BB is like a guilty, (and hypocritical), pleasure because I remember the dim view that I always had for people that were addicted to soaps. Watching these shows is about the same... just better writing and acting.
(08-15-2018, 06:30 AM)GPnative Wrote:

But I am enjoying it. There is a larger story building, with current day donut shop working Saul.

Ep 2 was much better than 1 so I'm hanging. I agree with GCG, ep 1 was REAL bad.
(08-15-2018, 10:03 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 06:30 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Ep 2 was much better than 1 so I'm hanging. I agree with GCG, ep 1 was REAL bad.

I was ok with it, it was certainly not a great episode on the action front, but the dialog was good (and well acted) and I think it was another great brick in the wall for the Jimmy to Saul conversion in how he was coping with Chuck / Howard and moving along the story of pre-Breaking Bad details, with Nacho, The Salamacas, Gus, etc.
(08-15-2018, 11:12 AM)GPnative Wrote: I was ok with it, it was certainly not a great episode on the action front, but the dialog was good (and well acted)  and I think it was another great brick in the wall for the Jimmy to Saul conversion in how he was coping with Chuck / Howard and moving along the story of pre-Breaking Bad details, with Nacho, The Salamacas, Gus, etc.

I didn't watch BB enough to carry ANY storyline to Saul, so that's probably detrimental to my whole Saul experience. I'm good with that though... Smiling
(08-15-2018, 11:30 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:12 AM)GPnative Wrote: I was ok with it, it was certainly not a great episode on the action front, but the dialog was good (and well acted)  and I think it was another great brick in the wall for the Jimmy to Saul conversion in how he was coping with Chuck / Howard and moving along the story of pre-Breaking Bad details, with Nacho, The Salamacas, Gus, etc.

I didn't watch BB enough to carry ANY storyline to Saul, so that's probably detrimental to my whole Saul experience. I'm good with that though... Smiling

Oh geez, yes, very detrimental.
(08-15-2018, 11:47 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I don't think it matters much at all if you didn't see BB.
(08-15-2018, 11:54 AM)tvguy Wrote:

In the grand scheme, sure, it can viewed stand alone, but it is most definitely detrimental to the full experience. So many characters have tie in, some major, like Lydia etc. to minor, like Gus's henchmen following Nacho. Or hell even why Saul himself is in hiding as Gene!

It matters....
(08-15-2018, 12:15 PM)GPnative Wrote:

In the grand scheme, sure, it can viewed stand alone, but it is most definitely detrimental to the full experience. So many characters have tie in, some major, like Lydia etc. to minor, like Gus's henchmen following Nacho. Or hell even why Saul himself is in hiding as Gene!

It matters....

One of the characters who was in Breaking Bad who was killed is alive in Better call Saul.

I think most of all you mentioned that has roots in BB is easily figured out weather you have seen BB or not.
(08-15-2018, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:30 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I didn't watch BB enough to carry ANY storyline to Saul, so that's probably detrimental to my whole Saul experience. I'm good with that though... Smiling

It matters....

One of the characters who was in Breaking Bad who was killed is alive in Better call Saul.

I think most of all you mentioned that has roots in BB is easily figured out weather you have seen BB or not.

If you enjoy just surface level plots, sure that's what its all about then, the characters just being "alive"  Rolling Eyes

Quite honestly, I don't know why anyone would bother watching BCS without watching BB.
(08-15-2018, 01:25 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:47 AM)GPnative Wrote: Oh geez, yes, very detrimental.

It matters....

If you enjoy just surface level plots, sure that's what its all about then, the characters just being "alive"  Rolling Eyes

Quite honestly, I don't know why anyone would bother watching BCS without watching BB.

Well I don't see that but like they say it takes all kinds to make the world go around. I just don't see how much of what goes on with BCS DEPENDS or matters because of what I know from watching BB. I get that BBS is a prequel and many things tie together.
But IMO In no way is BBS not worth watching if you haven't seen BB.