Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(09-11-2018, 05:25 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 02:04 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 09:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 12:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just wondering if anyone  has watched the new series Yellowstone and their thoughts on it?

Yes and I like t OK. It's a tad unbelievable but all in all I think It's pretty good and worth watching.

this show has me going back and forth.  Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's so pandering and schmarmy it makes me squirm.  It reminds me of something but I can't think what, I can't put my finger on it.....but I'm thinking Larry in the scenario. Laughing Laughing   I don't know what it is, but while the storyline can be interesting and there's things I like, it really has some cringe worthiness to it.

I totally get what you are saying. But I have that problem with a lot of series. One week you watch and you go.. Holy crap that was a wasted hour.

Lodge 49 anyone?  kind of stupid but interesting and funny.

The Sinner? Not too bad but then sometimes it is bad

No I haven't watched either of those. I was considering the possibility of the The Sinner but have doubts.  I've watched The Good Doctor and it's very much like that, in terms of cringe worthiness but it can be good for observing spectrum characteristics as does Atypical on Netflix.  .  Or 911. I actually don't watch much television and not many series regularly.  I'd say right now for series it's BCS and trying to get myself to like Yellowstone better and kind of the same with Ozark.  But, geeeesh!!...last night I watched Yellowstone and their foreshadowing of plot points is like a brick through a window, the conflicts within the family are melodrama, the possibilities vs probabilities beggar believably.
 Well for me the good doctor is a comedy. Ask my wife I do impressions of him all the time Razz

Yes I suppose you could compare it to the sinner for cringe worthiness but other than that they seem totally different.
The Sinner is full of suspense and the "who done it" factor. It's not so great but for me good enough to keep watching to find out what happens.

Ozark? If it's the hillbilly clan show I watched it one time and that was enough. 911? I know nothing about it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 09-12-2018, 01:26 PM