Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(11-23-2018, 07:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 07:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 07:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 05:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 10:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: A curmudgeon is not a male. It's just a surly, cranky person. A crone is a female archetype. There are 4 main ones: The Maiden, (virgin) the Madonna, (sanctified mother persona), the Whore and the Crone, (old woman,  withered and scrawny OR a Wise Woman). Crone is not a personality.
Glad we have that cleared up Laughing

But I think by far most people associate it with some one who is old and cranky. And Maybe one person in a million think of The Maiden, (virgin) the Madonna, (sanctified mother persona), the Whore and the Crone,

As far as Eva's Forum name crone.... For some reason I never associated that with OLD crone. I had no clue what it meant and never thought about it LOL

I don't know if they do or not.  I don't think people think it's someone who's cranky.  I always thought Crone was using the Wise Woman form.

So,  TV, I'm one in a million, am I?  I'm trying to work out if that's a compliment or something else. Embarrassed

Well I'm here with my wife and my grand daughter and her two friends.

I asked them what "Crone" meant to my wife  and two of the girls thought of "old crone" and they all thought of a cranky old person. Except one who never heard the term.

So here it's 4 out of five for old cranky person and zero for Maiden, (virgin) the Madonna, (sanctified mother persona), the Whore and the Crone, Razz

Well, like you said, I'm one in a million.  ? Blink Blink   But it really doesn't mean a cranky person. It can mean cruel old woman sometimes, but that's not really what it is. It doesn't matter if you know it's an archetype.  I was just adding that. I never meant to say that people should just know it's an archetype.  I just meant it really doesn't mean a cranky person.  Maybe it does now.  People's ideas change about things over time.

But it really doesn't mean a cranky person

Yes I know that, you posted the definition. I just doubt that too many know the REAL definition.

here's an example of a word that no one ever seems to know the real or original definition of .. decimate

It means to destroy one out of ten. But after years of being used improperly it's now used to describe to destroy vast amounts of people or property

One in a million was just a phrase I used. And you tell me I'm too literal Wink

I would bet ANY amount of money that most people hear Crone and think of old crone and a cranky old person.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 11-23-2018, 07:44 PM