Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(02-09-2019, 07:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 02:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 09:11 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 07:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: I had a tooth pulled about 20 years ago because I couldn't afford a root canal.  Fortunately it was the last one in the back. But on the bottom. Now the remaining one above it, keeps growing and growing because the bottom one is not there to put pressure on it.  So it's signifigantly longer than the rest. So you have to be careful what you do. You might need a bridge if you have it pulled.

It must be moving . I don't think it's growing.

I mean it continues to grow downward.  They showed me the Xray.  It's quite long now, past the point of the corresponding tooth on the other side.  The pressure from the bottom teeth keep the top teeth from continuing to grow.  That's why it's better to have a root canal than an extraction.

I thought it was a myth that teeth continue to grow like the saying.."he's rather long of the tooth" to describe that someone is old. When actually the gums recede and the tooth stays the same size.
Just like it's myth that fingernails continue to grow when you die LOL. I guess not in your case Blink
Well, I don't think it's unusual, TV, the dentist was showing it to me as if it was perfectly normal.

"Do your teeth get bigger as you get older?
It is based on the thought that teeth grow longer as we age. ... As teeth start to come in or erupt, as we term it in dentistry, they appear to be growing. They are not growing. In fact, when teeth are developing in the gums as children, they are adult size.Oct 2, 2017
[/url]
[url=https://jeffreygrossdds.com/tooth-size-long-short/]

Do our teeth get longer as we age?
There is an expression that I don’t hear that often anymore. The idiom is “long in the tooth.” This phrase is usually referring to someone getting older. It is based on the thought that teeth grow longer as we age.
Well, this is true when we are children and teens. As teeth start to come in or erupt, as we term it in dentistry, they appear to be growing.
They are not growing. In fact, when teeth are developing in the gums as children, they are adult size. As we get into our teen years, the teeth grow into the mouth. It appears that they are growing bigger, but in reality, they are just uncovering themselves from the gum tissue from which they were buried.
Less gum tissue = longer teeth
Teeth, for the most part, do not grow or move anymore once we reach our late teens. However, with time, gum tissues may shrink away from the tooth.
Sometimes, we become very hard brushers and wear away our gum tissue. Gum tissue is fragile right around the tooth and can be easily brushed away. Now we see more enamel than we saw previously."

https://jeffreygrossdds.com/tooth-size-long-short/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels) - by tvguy - 02-10-2019, 04:43 PM