The "Kickback"
So...They are going to spend some money giving us back a little of our money. I know the argument: If they keep it they will spend it. But, Oregon does have a "rainy day fund" and I'd rather they keep it for the next "downturn" in our economy rather than raising taxes to cover the necessary costs. 

http://medfordmailtribune.or.newsmemory....VlbWxxTXlg=

Later edit: 

Well TVg, I've done it again! Proving that you just can't teach some folks.  Embarrassed  I highlighted the article I wanted to post the URL to, but did something wrong. (Getting out of bed today).  Wink But, it does show on the page, just to the left of the "instructions" I didn't want to post. 
(08-27-2015, 02:55 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: So...They are going to spend some money giving us back a little of our money. I know the argument: If they keep it they will spend it. But, Oregon does have a "rainy day fund" and I'd rather they keep it for the next "downturn" in our economy rather than raising taxes to cover the necessary costs. 

Later edit: 

Well TVg, I've done it again! Proving that you just can't teach some folks.  Embarrassed  I highlighted the article I wanted to post the URL to, but did something wrong. (Getting out of bed today).  Wink But, it does show on the page, just to the left of the "instructions" I didn't want to post. 

MT can be difficult to read if I don't subscribe. The last link you posted was "Subscriber only read".  Although I can read about the kickback anywhere.
Anyway, on point, I remember the hullaballoo last time when they kept the Kicker. I'd just as soon they use it also for so many things.  
Here's a link that works: http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ss...e_how.html

FYI... they won't be sending out checks.  It will be through a tax deduction.

[Image: oeachartjpg-a7fb24b0633f9e5e.jpg]
I no longer pay taxes so I don't care. Actually I never cared about the kicker. Look it not that much money. My advice to y'all is when you run low on money just go make some more. 
(08-27-2015, 06:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Anyway, on point, I remember the hullaballoo last time when they kept the Kicker. I'd just as soon they use it also for so many things.  

So give it back.
(08-27-2015, 07:18 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Anyway, on point, I remember the hullaballoo last time when they kept the Kicker. I'd just as soon they use it also for so many things.  

So give it back.

good idea.
(08-27-2015, 06:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 02:55 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: So...They are going to spend some money giving us back a little of our money. I know the argument: If they keep it they will spend it. But, Oregon does have a "rainy day fund" and I'd rather they keep it for the next "downturn" in our economy rather than raising taxes to cover the necessary costs. 

Later edit: 

MT can be difficult to read if I don't subscribe. The last link you posted was "Subscriber only read".  Although I can read about the kickback anywhere.
I do subscribe and read the E-Editon. I just mess up in trying to post the URL of the story, ending up posting the page of instructions on how to use the thing. I MAY someday get it right. (Don't bet on it) 
(08-27-2015, 09:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Later edit: 

I do subscribe and read the E-Editon. I just mess up in trying to post the URL of the story, ending up posting the page of instructions on how to use the thing. I MAY someday get it right. (Don't bet on it) 

Well, that wont make much difference if I can't read it.  Smiling
(08-27-2015, 06:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I no longer pay taxes so I don't care. Actually I never cared about the kicker. Look it not that much money. My advice to y'all is when you run low on money just go make some more. 

What do you men you don't pay taxes. EVERYBODY pays taxes. Don't they?

About making money: I worked for 14 years making the perfect counterfeit 15 dollar bill. Took it to the post office and used it to buy a dollars worth of stamps. The clerk gave me two 7's.  Sad
(08-27-2015, 09:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Later edit: 

You may not be able to access the link but if I cut and paste text you can read that. But I often post only part of the text and like to include the URL, 
I'll post enough that you get the gist of the thing. 
And how can you not subscribe to your home town newspaper? 

THE MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUE: "If it happened yesterday it's news to us" 
(08-27-2015, 09:46 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Later edit: 

You may not be able to access the link but if I cut and paste text you can read that. But I often post only part of the text and like to include the URL, 

Seriously?  
(08-27-2015, 07:18 PM)Hugo Wrote:

So give it back.

You don't have to. There is an option on the state income tax form allowing you to check that you do not want to receive it. I did it. May do it again. I'm not rich, not even close, but the few bucks I would get back would do little for me and if enough folks would do it the rainy day fund might look better. 
(08-27-2015, 09:48 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote: MT can be difficult to read if I don't subscribe. The last link you posted was "Subscriber only read".  Although I can read about the kickback anywhere.

Seriously?  

Seriously what? That you might want to subscribe? My "If it happened yesterday....", or my total lack of expertise in posting the right URL? 
(08-27-2015, 09:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I do subscribe and read the E-Editon. I just mess up in trying to post the URL of the story, ending up posting the page of instructions on how to use the thing. I MAY someday get it right. (Don't bet on it) 

Seriously?  

Seriously what? That you might want to subscribe? My "If it happened yesterday....", or my total lack of expertise in posting the right URL? 

Nevermind.  If I go to the Y in the  mornings I'll read the paper. But they only have one and I have to beat the seniors up to get my hands on it. Smiling
(08-27-2015, 10:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Well, that wont make much difference if I can't read it.  Smiling

Seriously?  

Nevermind.  If I go to the Y in the  mornings I'll read the paper. But they only have one and I have to beat the seniors up to get my hands on it. Smiling
Your only option for reading the paper is to "find it" at the Y? 
You can read the online MMT even if you don't subscribe. I think you are allowed 6 articles per day or something like that.
(08-28-2015, 11:03 AM)tvguy Wrote: You can read the online MMT even if you don't subscribe. I think you are allowed 6 articles per day or something like that.

It baffles me why folks who live in Medford and the surrounding areas don't subscribe to the "home town newspaper". It's not very good, granted, but its our only paper and does have enough value to justify the cost. And in all fairness, not many hometown or city newspapers are all that great anemone. Still, they are better than web sites, gossip, or nothing. 
(08-28-2015, 11:03 AM)tvguy Wrote: You can read the online MMT even if you don't subscribe. I think you are allowed 6 articles per day or something like that.

Actually, they've changed that, TV. You can't read just anything. There is premium member content only, and Wonky tends to post some of those.  When I logged in to the last one (don't remember which it was) I was not allowed to read it.
(08-28-2015, 11:20 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

It baffles me why folks who live in Medford and the surrounding areas don't subscribe to the "home town newspaper". It's not very good, granted, but its our only paper and does have enough value to justify the cost. And in all fairness, not many hometown or city newspapers are all that great anemone. Still, they are better than web sites, gossip, or nothing. 

I think the answer is that it is not the only source of news. Most people take news in bytes now.  I guess I'd put it into an unnecessary expense. I'm wasting money anyway with the cable subscription. I don't consider the internet as big of a waste as the cable.