So where's the pics of pot plants?
(11-08-2016, 02:50 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 08:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 08:01 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 07:51 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 07:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Type in Trinity Pines California on Google Earth and move around when you see what I see.

Enjoy your sabbatical?

Yes I did. Did you go to google earth? Perhaps Chuck can post the view for all to see.  Smiling

Were you at a harvest party?  Laughing
I went there to visit a family member and attend a show and tell meeting.  Smiling
The emerald cup?
(11-07-2016, 07:51 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 07:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Type in Trinity Pines California on Google Earth and move around when you see what I see.

Enjoy your sabbatical?

Yes I did. Did you go to google earth? Perhaps Chuck can post the view for all to see.  Smiling

I went there to visit a family member and attend a show and tell meeting.  Smiling

I'm thinking it won't be long until there is more pot around here than there.There may be already counting theses giant commercial grows.
(11-08-2016, 06:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 07:51 PM)GPnative Wrote: Enjoy your sabbatical?

I'm thinking it won't be long until there is more pot around here than there.There may be already counting theses giant commercial grows.

The images from google earth can very some areas are updated in the fall and others in spring.
Here is Cave Junction area in July
[Image: CJ1.JPG]
I have a plant that refuses to die LOL. It's the only sativa I grew. Called Papaya. I took a chain saw to the others and they were brown and dead as a door nail.
To my surprise the small buds on this one that I didn't want to bother with are still green and good. they smell great LOL.

[Image: azi8vp.jpg]

[Image: 241wl5j.jpg]
(12-22-2016, 06:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have a plant that refuses to die LOL. It's the only sativa I grew. Called Papaya. I took a chain saw to the others and they were brown and dead as a door nail.
To my surprise the small buds on this one that I didn't want to bother with are still green and good. they smell great LOL.

That photo needs a scantily clad woman in a Santa hat  Wink Razz
(12-22-2016, 07:48 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 06:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have a plant that refuses to die LOL. It's the only sativa I grew. Called Papaya. I took a chain saw to the others and they were brown and dead as a door nail.

That photo needs a scantily clad woman in a Santa hat  Wink Razz

LOL actually as bad as the plant looks it needs a toothless crack whore in some yoga pants. Razz
Are you running lights. I had some go two full years, before giving up the ghost.
(12-22-2016, 08:41 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you running lights. I had some go two full years, before giving up the ghost.

No lights , I closed it in and put a small heater out there that I removed like three weeks ago. It was 17 degrees out by my pond the other day so I assumed what was left of this plant was history.

I had some go two full years, before giving up the ghost.

I did too one time about 1 1/2 years. One plant that had a high output fluorescent fixture with daylight bulbs.I left the light on all the time.
I used to strip it bare and it would grow back with twice as many leaves only smaller. It refused to die. It looked like  a Chia pet LOL.
(12-22-2016, 10:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 08:41 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you running lights. I had some go two full years, before giving up the ghost.

No lights , I closed it in and put a small heater out there that I removed like three weeks ago. It was 17 degrees out by my pond the other day so I assumed what was left of this plant was history.

I did too one time about 1 1/2 years. One plant that had a high output fluorescent fixture with daylight bulbs.I left the light on all the time.
I used to strip it bare and it would grow back with twice as many leaves only smaller. It refused to die. It looked like  a Chia pet LOL.
A know nothing guy with an opinion suggested the main reason weed does well in Southern Oregon is the change in daylight hours. Yeah, we all know this, but it might be the only thing that matters. 

IMO, the weed grown in the tropics is generally speaking not as good. I know, I know, Thai weed and some other tropical weed is great, but warm climate weed is generally not as good IMO. Cough, cough, cough. Cannabis is an "annual" plant right? Now I will go look it up. 

The following is a list of strains I recommend. The criteria used to rate these strains includes yield, quality (20 % + THC), good smell and taste. Several high CDB strains like Franks Gift and Cannatonic was also grown by other collective people. Tough to grade those strains. It either helps or it doesn't. 

1) Lemon Sour Diesel
2) jager 
3) Platinum/Girl Scout Cookies
4) Shipwreck
5) Various OG strains 
6) Sour Tangie
7) Orgre

More than 30 other strains were grown and tested. Some were fine, but not "A" grade in my opinion. You are welcome.
(11-07-2016, 07:51 PM)GPnative Wrote: Enjoy your sabbatical?

I didn't read the article about water and pot growing in the MT but it sounds like something that could be a potential issue in terms of watering.  Although how it's worse than other crops I don't know.
(12-23-2016, 12:18 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 08:01 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Yes I did. Did you go to google earth? Perhaps Chuck can post the view for all to see.  Smiling

I didn't read the article about water and pot growing in the MT but it sounds like something that could be a potential issue in terms of watering.  Although how it's worse than other crops I don't know.

I read something about people who had pot grows on land without water. Allegedly they were stealing water from fire hydrants
(12-23-2016, 12:05 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

A know nothing guy with an opinion suggested the main reason weed does well in Southern Oregon is the change in daylight hours. Yeah, we all know this, but it might be the only thing that matters. 

Also Low humidity?? Nice long scorching hot summers.. and I'm in a desert LOL

IMO, the weed grown in the tropics is generally speaking not as good. I know, I know, Thai weed and some other tropical weed is great, but warm climate weed is generally not as good IMO. Cough, cough, cough. Cannabis is an "annual" plant right? Now I will go look it up. 

The following is a list of strains I recommend. The criteria used to rate these strains includes yield, quality (20 % + THC), good smell and taste. Several high CDB strains like Franks Gift and Cannatonic was also grown by other collective people. Tough to grade those strains. It either helps or it doesn't. 

1) Lemon Sour Diesel
2) jager 
4) Shipwreck
5) Various OG strains 
6) Sour Tangie
7) Orgre

More than 30 other strains were grown and tested. Some were fine, but not "A" grade in my opinion. You are welcome.

How the heck can you tell the difference with that many LOL. To me the differences were VERY subtle.
I really liked the mango I grew last year. I like my fruity pebbles and Train wreck.

I don't think I have grown any that I didn't like or that didn't get me wasted easily and VERY hungry

I grew the Platinum girl scout cookies and regular girl scout cookies. And IMO from now on just stay with the platinum because the plant grew better.
(12-23-2016, 01:08 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 12:05 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Also Low humidity?? Nice long scorching hot summers.. and I'm in a desert LOL

1) Lemon Sour Diesel
2) jager 
4) Shipwreck
5) Various OG strains 
6) Sour Tangie
7) Orgre

How the heck can you tell the difference with that many LOL. To me the differences were VERY subtle.
I really liked the mango I grew last year. I like my fruity pebbles and Train wreck.

I don't think I have grown any that I didn't like or that didn't get me wasted easily and VERY hungry

I grew the Platinum girl scout cookies and regular girl scout cookies. And IMO from now on just stay with the platinum because the plant grew better.

I had some weed the other day, that tasted like Fresno.

Laughing