A MT Editorial worth it's salt (and ketchup)
A snippet from todays (9/9) MT editorial:

RE: The IN-and-OUT Burger place.

"We’ll wait a few days for the furor to die down before trying out the fare. And here’s a tip: For a really extensive burger menu, quality that can’t be beat, and a local business to boot, drive past the mall, wave at the lines waiting for In-N-Out, and hit Jasper’s for your burger fix."
...and that sums up much of what's wrong with Medford and the Rogue Valley.
(09-09-2015, 08:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: ...and that sums up much of what's wrong with Medford and the Rogue Valley.

I rest my case.

[Image: download?paperId=16792422]
Well, whatever. I thought our MT editorial staff did a good turn in posting something light and local...a welcome break from all the serious stuff going on in the world. 
I don't get it.  There's a reverse snobbism going on with the whole Jaspers thing that's been going on since the word came down the line that In n Out was gonna be the new cowboy in town.
(09-09-2015, 08:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: ...and that sums up much of what's wrong with Medford and the Rogue Valley.

I'm not really sure I get that...or agree with that.  But I try and tell myself the Jasper's loyalists are being just that: Loyal.  Nothing wrong with loyalty.  But it's kind of elitist.
All this reminds me I haven't been to Jasper's yet. I've meant to stop there several times over the years but I hate waiting in lines and the lines were too long. Maybe one day it'll work out.

I have no plans on going to In-N-Out at all. I tried them once in LA and wasn't impressed. Of course, burgers and pizza are not even near the top of my preferred grub list. Actually, I think a good sandwich is better then either of those.
(09-09-2015, 09:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote: All this reminds me I haven't been to Jasper's yet. I've meant to stop there several times over the years but I hate waiting in lines and the lines were too long. Maybe one day it'll work out.

I have no plans on going to In-N-Out at all. I tried them once in LA and wasn't impressed. Of course, burgers and pizza are not even near the top of my preferred grub list. Actually, I think a good sandwich is better then either of those.

Jaspers has table service now.
(09-09-2015, 09:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote: All this reminds me I haven't been to Jasper's yet. I've meant to stop there several times over the years but I hate waiting in lines and the lines were too long. Maybe one day it'll work out.

Reminds me that I always wanted to try the Italian sub place across from the mall in Medford but never did. Then I think they opened a shop in GP just before we moved but never tried that one either. Oh well... 

There was an In-N-Out across the street from my High School. I think I had my fill of them back then and besides, I almost never buy a burger as I prefer a homemade version better.

K & D Sandwiches on Riverside just got voted #1 sandwich shop in the entire state of Oregon.
(09-09-2015, 08:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I'm not really sure I get that...or agree with that.  But I try and tell myself the Jasper's loyalists are being just that: Loyal.  Nothing wrong with loyalty.  But it's kind of elitist.

Here's what I get out of it.  IF bbq HATES this area SO MUCH, why doesn't he just get the fuck out?

However, I DON'T get YOUR point.  Elitist?  For having a favorite hamburger joint?  Seems a bit judgmental about nothing, to me.
(09-09-2015, 09:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Reminds me that I always wanted to try the Italian sub place across from the mall in Medford but never did. Then I think they opened a shop in GP just before we moved but never tried that one either. Oh well... 

There was an In-N-Out across the street from my High School. I think I had my fill of them back then and besides, I almost never buy a burger as I prefer a homemade version better.

Funny, I've never been to Luigi's either. I've heard their sandwiches referred to as "gut bombs" so I never get to motivated to try it.  I think "gut bomb" is a bit of an endearment, but I don't think I can handle that.
(09-10-2015, 06:23 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 08:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Here's what I get out of it.  IF bbq HATES this area SO MUCH, why doesn't he just get the fuck out?

However, I DON'T get YOUR point.  Elitist?  For having a favorite hamburger joint?  Seems a bit judgmental about nothing, to me.

I also said loyal.  The loyal covers the favorite part.  The elitist is referring to the attitude. an attitude that feels a bit snide and sneering.
Much ado about nothing, maybe? 

I think Bob Hunter and the staff at the MT editorial board were just having a little fun with all the ink IN-OUT was getting. 

And I think maybe elitist may be a bit off the mark, and where we eat, or don't eat, hamburgers tells us little about our valley.

And, the lines at IN-OUT didn't overwhelm the traffic anyway as it turned out. 

We have IN-AND-OUT and JASPERS both. So, "cowboy town" has it all.  Laughing
A new business, and and internationally renown at that,  chooses Medford and the Rogue Valley for the first location in our state, and the local newspaper prints an opinion telling folks to go to the joint up the street.
   And then this forum being what it is, chooses to pile on me.
  But TV, Hugo, ad Wonky aren't even worth a fuck you in this case. As usual, they can't see beyond their myopic noses. Is it any wonder we struggle to attract new businesses and energy to this valley?

(09-10-2015, 08:26 AM)bbqboy Wrote: A new business, and and internationally renown at that,  chooses Medford and the Rogue Valley for the first location in our state, and the local newspaper prints an opinion telling folks to go to the joint up the street.
  But TV, Hugo, ad Wonky aren't even worth a fuck you in this case. As usual, they can't see beyond their myopic noses. Is it any wonder we struggle to attract new businesses and energy to this valley?

"Go quietly into that good night". 
(09-10-2015, 08:49 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 08:26 AM)bbqboy Wrote: A new business, and and internationally renown at that,  chooses Medford and the Rogue Valley for the first location in our state, and the local newspaper prints an opinion telling folks to go to the joint up the street.

"Go quietly into that good night". 

Dick!  Mad
So you still can't have an in depth conversation. Just turn to a trite and hackneyed phrase and you've "won" the argument. For all your striving and struggling to appear smart, you aren't and never will be.
Have a nice day.
You go enjoy your Togo's prefab sandwich.
PS: that's why I wanted to talk to you over on FB, VS. Smiling

Waffle and backtrack all you want but you said that sums up much of what's wrong with Medford and the Rogue Valley.

And in case you are the ONLY one that doesn't realize it, that complaint is just another one of your endless complaints.

BTW if you actually read the article the MMT gave a positive and glowing review of "in and out". It was an OPINION piece called "OUR VIEW".
(09-10-2015, 08:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: So you still can't have an in depth conversation. 

Really? From the master of short one liner bitching responses.

[Image: pot-calling-kettle-black-9416841.jpg]