Anyone Over 21 Can Buy Marijuana Today
Not me, I smoke all of mine.
(10-12-2015, 11:30 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 11:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 09:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Oregon sells $10.8 million worth of pot in the first 6 days
[Image: 151009152150-oregon-record-pot-sales-780x439.jpg]

By Ahiza Garcia  @ahiza_garcia

It's a big pot payday.

Dispensaries in Oregon sold $10.8 million worth of recreational pot in the first six days it was legal, said the Oregon Retailers of Cannabis Association.

Recreational sales 
became legal in Oregon on October 1, and the association has only tallied revenue through October 6.

Based on the first week of sales, a spokesperson for the retail group projected that actual sales will "wildly surpass" the state's projections.

Oregon joined Colorado and Washington to become the third state to sell pot for non-medicinal purposes.

Customers can buy one-quarter ounce per day, but seed sales are unlimited. Growing and using marijuana for recreational purposes was legalized on July 1.

Related: Colorado made pot tax-free for a day

The retailers association is the only group that can track recreational marijuana sales made through December 31. That's because it's being sold tax-free in the state until the end of the year.

Eventually the 
Oregon Liquor Control Commission will track these sales, but that won't happen until the commission begins issuing its own licenses sometime next year.

That agency 
estimates that Oregon will bring in $10.7 million in tax revenue by 2017.

Lets see how long these prices stay where they are. After all very Tom Dick and Harry will be growing their four legal plants. and then some shhhh. And the more dispensaries the more the competition. I would imagine a lot of people might grow their legal huge plants for the sole purpose of selling it all or most of it.

Ya think?  Unsure Laughing

You are all going to hell in an hand basket! What, you didn't see, "Refer Madness"? Why that stuff turns young men into sex maniacs. (Oh...that's right: Young men don't need whacky weed to be sex maniacs.) Still, it turns people into "junkies" and in a week or two they crave stronger stuff: Like Vodka. And in no time, young people who should be working just lay around all day watching reruns of "Cheers" or "Mr. Ed". (At least Mr. Ed makes sense  Big Grin. )
Nancy Reagan would tell you to "Just say no". So would her astronomer. 
My advice: Never toke up until after coffee (Assuming you drink coffee FIRST THING in the morning). And never go to a job interview stoned. A little bit of a buzz, sure, but not so wrecked you can't stopped humming "Stairway to Heaven". 
Peace. 
(10-12-2015, 12:54 PM)chuck white Wrote: Not me, I smoke all of mine.

Our Chuckie in action. Smiling

[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-12-2015, 03:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Funny enough, that looks like me.

On another note, Mc Donald's is installing pot smoking pods.

[Image: Smoking-Zones-in-Japan.jpg&w=480]
(10-12-2015, 05:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 03:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Funny enough, that looks like me.

On another note, Mc Donald's is installing pot smoking pods.

[Image: Smoking-Zones-in-Japan.jpg&w=480]

Mrs. Fields would do better.
Best seeds and clones available from clete's cannabis cooperative.  Big Grin
I see it now, clone wars
redacted
When marijuana is outlawed, only outlaws will possess marijuana. I mean guns.  Rolling Eyes I mean which is worse, pot or guns. Doesn't make much sense does it? I mean I want to do what is legal if I choose to without anti pot people trying to make it hard for me. I mean I want to possess my gun without anti gun people trying to screw with my rights. I mean I want to make my only family planning decisions without anti women's rights people harassing my family. I mean I should have left that party hours ago.  Burp!
Even pot growers are more interested in money than the health of their customers. Sad Grow your own...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/25/us/colorad...index.html
(11-25-2015, 09:45 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Even pot growers are more interested in money than the health of their customers. Sad Grow your own...

Well it was only one sample out of five that tested positive for pesticides. So maybe one grower disregarded the rules and used a banned chemical. 

Most of the Oregon growers that supply marijuana to dispensaries grow organically. I believe it is safe to buy at local dispensaries in Oregon. Testing the weed is required by law, so if your weed tests positive, you will not be selling it to dispensaries. 

Still, I agree that if you want to be 100% certain your marijuana is clean, then grow your own. 
They should make a pesticide out of the oils from pot. (recycled leaf)
Spray that to kill insects.
(11-25-2015, 10:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 09:45 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Even pot growers are more interested in money than the health of their customers. Sad Grow your own...

Well it was only one sample out of five that tested positive for pesticides. So maybe one grower disregarded the rules and used a banned chemical. 

Most of the Oregon growers that supply marijuana to dispensaries grow organically. I believe it is safe to buy at local dispensaries in Oregon. Testing the weed is required by law, so if your weed tests positive, you will not be selling it to dispensaries. 

Still, I agree that if you want to be 100% certain your marijuana is clean, then grow your own. 

People can "grow organically" and in the end decide to use a chemical pesticide when they see bugs ruining their weed

Is growing organically really as important as not using chemical pesticides? Am I the only one who doesn't care if someone uses man made fertilizer? I'm smoking the weed not eating it.  
Or... Just don't smoke it (or eat it).
(11-25-2015, 01:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Or... Just don't smoke it (or eat it).

OK I think most of us get the fact that you don't use MJ. And you even seem proud of that. Blink
I would bet money that YOU would be healthier and live longer if you didn't drink booze so.....

Just don't drink it .
(11-25-2015, 01:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 01:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Or... Just don't smoke it (or eat it).

OK I think most of us get the fact that you don't use MJ. And you even seem proud of that. Blink  
I would bet money that YOU would be healthier and live longer if you didn't drink booze so.....

Just don't drink it .

LOL! I have been waiting for someone to say something like this.  Laughing

I'm allergic to the stuff, but if you are over 25 and use it responsibly...go for it. I just worry about kids getting a hold of it. 
What a bunch of boobs. Rolling Eyes  
All I said was "Or... Just don't smoke it (or eat it)."  
If you're worried about it... don't do it.  Simple.
(11-25-2015, 02:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What a bunch of boobs. Rolling Eyes  

Crimeny woman...you chime in on pot threads all the time chastizing those in favor of it, plus you constantly post about drinking alcohol. 
Talk about a boob... Blink
(11-25-2015, 03:07 PM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 02:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What a bunch of boobs. Rolling Eyes  

Crimeny woman...you chime in on pot threads all the time chastizing those in favor of it, plus you constantly post about drinking alcohol. 
Talk about a boob... Blink

Get a life. 
(11-25-2015, 01:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 10:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

People can "grow organically" and in the end decide to use a chemical pesticide when they see bugs ruining their weed

Is growing organically really as important as not using chemical pesticides? Am I the only one who doesn't care if someone uses man made fertilizer? I'm smoking the weed not eating it.  

Growing organically means different things to different growers. You can grow organically and still use chemicals that are approved for organic gardening. Besides the term "organic" has lost any meaning as far as I'm concerned. For example: Most brands of magnesium sulfate has the OMRI seal. Yet magnesium sulfate is clearly a chemical compound. So basically, you can use chemical pesticides and still be considered organic. How you like those organic tomatoes now?  Smiling

OMRI is the Organic Materials Review Institute and products that bare the OMRI seal have passed tests that indicate they are approved for organic production and processing. I use the the most benign chemicals I can find that still does the job. I no longer use only manures for fertilizer. The plant can't tell the difference between nitrogen in chemical form from nitrogen in rabbit manure, and that's a fact. 

So I agree with you.